Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 10:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default School bus won't come and sims don't return from school/work
so my game was fine as far, as far as im concerned but now the school bus won't arrive and my sims wont come home.
i was playin on my normal family and the 2 adults go to work in their own cars but the school bus didn't come.
i made the teenages walk to school. so at this point the entire family is at work/school but now NONE of them will return ?
it got to about 6pm on the game when they should all be home from 1-3pm so i quit it and havent been back on but is there any fixes for this ?

also, i should mention, i once sent one of the adults to install a car alarm and she never returned from that either.

i havent downloaded any mods regarding the school bus but i do have abt 8gb of cc and i was using moveobjects & boolprop so is that a problem? because i know that is A LOT.

please help !!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 8:40 AM
Uhh... I know this is late, but maybe you should type reset sim ( sim name) in the cheat bar.
Ctrl shift c.
But I don't know how to fix the problem... But this is how to get your Simmys back 😃
Forum Resident
#3 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 10:46 AM
Does this happen on any other lot?

Sounds to me like the portal for the car/bus is broken or you accidently deleted it. Moving the family out and bulldozing the lot should do the trick.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 8:28 PM
Yep, that's a portal gone AWOL. You can download the buyable ones but it's probably better to get rid of the lot. Move the family out to the family bin (NOT the lot bin). It's under the family tab and will move the family to the sim bin in your neighbourhood. New house is the next step.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 1:10 AM
I had that recently happen in one of the tiny lots in my hood and I have no idea why. I used the batbox once everybody was home to bring the still at school child back home. I even tried deleting and rebuying the portal so I don't know what is going on. I've moved them out and really need to move another family in to see if the bug remains.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 2:08 PM
I think it can be some flag setting that gets stuck. I have no idea really. If I get something like that I look and see if there's a new option appeared on the batbox. But really, something like that is a prompt that your family needs to move on.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I had that recently happen in one of the tiny lots in my hood and I have no idea why. I used the batbox once everybody was home to bring the still at school child back home. I even tried deleting and rebuying the portal so I don't know what is going on. I've moved them out and really need to move another family in to see if the bug remains.

What was the carpool for the adults in the house? I've had this problem. If I have a family on a tiny lot, I have to make sure they don't reach any level that has the helicopter as the carpool. The carpool won't show up, and if they walk, they never come home and the game lags like crazy. I have to use the simblender to set them back a level, and then they'll return home.

OP I've had this problem recently. I downloaded Inge's portals, used the revealer and they were all there. But then I didn't have the problem again so it could have been a one time glitch for me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 12:10 AM
Teacher carpool. The school bus just stopped coming one day so I made the kids walk and then they didn't come home so I started using the batbox. All my other lots are fine so I know it's something with that lot which is a huge pain as this is Elsewhere by Plasticbox and the lot cannot be moved or changed due to special sloping at the back of the lot to the water.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~