Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 1:43 AM Last edited by xxcrazyskittlesxx : 5th Oct 2015 at 12:45 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing or bad gosub tree file when trying to use cars-Solved!
Ok this is my first time posting.

I have a problem that i have no idea where it came from or how to fix it every time i go to have my sims get in the car to go to work or to downtown or something i get an error saying bad go-sub tree file-sedan and no matter what i do i cant fix i have run programs such as hood checker and sims 2 Clean Installer i have even uninstalled my game and reinstalled and nothing will fix it i even removed the CC i have and put it back in and that did not work it does it both with the original cars that came with the game and some CC one's i put in and it never did this before i have tried it both with custom made sims and sims that came with the game.i got the same results. i have all the expansion packs and stuff packs and updates for the sims 2 so i don't know what could be the problem i have even looked all over the internet for an answer and nothing.

ETA-i found this under the logs under errors
Object id: 620
name: Car Ownable - Sedan
Stack size: 5
Error: Bad gosub tree number.
Iterations: 77
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 1
Tree: id 8259 name 'df - Test - All Riders Aboard?' version -44032
from CarGlobals
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals:
Frame 3:
Stack Object id: 620
Stack Object name: Car Ownable - Sedan
Node: 15
Tree: id 8254 name 'Wait for Riders' version -32738
from CarGlobals
Params: 0 Locals: -7
Frame 2:
Node: 14
Tree: id 8285 name 'Main - Res - Go To Dest' version -32720
from CarGlobals
Params: Locals: 0
Frame 1:
Node: 5
Tree: id 8283 name 'Main - Residential' version -32739
from CarGlobals
Frame 0:
Node: 5
Tree: id 8282 name 'Functional - Main - Ownable' version -32726
from CarGlobals

Found out my problem was a bad mod in my game i found it and it's fixed

Thank you
xxcrazyskittlesxx
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 1:51 AM
Bad go-sub means the game is either not finding an EP or file that it needs. is this happening with Maxis cars or just downloaded ones? Since you have the needed EP's and cars should not need extra files it sounds like your game might have a bad installation.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 2:22 AM
it does it with both

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Bad go-sub means the game is either not finding an EP or file that it needs. is this happening with Maxis cars or just downloaded ones? Since you have the needed EP's and cars should not need extra files it sounds like your game might have a bad installation.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 12:44 PM
I figured out my problem i had a bad mod in my game causing the problem

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 1:12 PM
What was it?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 6:54 PM
Object id: 108
name: Car - Prototype - 0,5
Stack size: 3
Iterations: 30
Frame 2:
from CarGlobals
Frame 1:
Stack Object id: 143
Stack Object name: Controller - Travel
from CarGlobals
Params: 0 Locals: 10
Frame 0:
I am having the same problem with the following error. My Sim can only go to work in the carpool; but when they try to go anywhere with a Taxi, the Taxi only sits there or go and return. When I bought a car they can only sit in the car and then the "cancel" reset" "delete" box appears.

Stack Object id: 108
Stack Object name: Car - Prototype - 0,5
Tree: id 8251 name 'Functional - Main' version -32745
from CarGlobals
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 5:12 AM
Hey, I'm so sorry for the super late reply what happened was I had a mod in the game that let toddlers and pets ride in the cars.

Quote: Originally posted by Mispoo027
Object id: 108
name: Car - Prototype - 0,5
Stack size: 3
Iterations: 30
Frame 2:
from CarGlobals
Frame 1:
Stack Object id: 143
Stack Object name: Controller - Travel
from CarGlobals
Params: 0 Locals: 10
Frame 0:
I am having the same problem with the following error. My Sim can only go to work in the carpool; but when they try to go anywhere with a Taxi, the Taxi only sits there or go and return. When I bought a car they can only sit in the car and then the "cancel" reset" "delete" box appears.

Stack Object id: 108
Stack Object name: Car - Prototype - 0,5
Tree: id 8251 name 'Functional - Main' version -32745
from CarGlobals
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 5:13 AM
Hey, I'm so sorry for the super late reply what happened was I had a mod in the game that let toddlers and pets ride in the cars.

What was it?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 6:28 AM
There's another file needed with that Mod or it ends up not working as is should and can throw errors as I've got that Mod installed in my game and have had it in there for years without issues and I've got the other file required for that Mod to work correctly.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxcrazyskittlesxx

It's not the mod at fault, I use that mod, so do others. That error is only to do with the game not finding the extra file, not the mod itself.

The download says You must also download the following addon for this hack to work correctly:

df_game_edition_addon.package

Do you have that? If you don't, that would be why it's throwing bad gosub tree. Meaning all you need do is go download and add that extra file in.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 9:58 PM
@joeandsarah -THat's just what I meant to type though it was late and my lighting where my computer was at that time was horrible.I've had that file with the other Mod since first installing it as Idownloaded it along with that other Mod and also downloaded that no social workers Mod from Simlogical as I was also adding a Mod to let babies and toddlers remain home alone for short runs to the store for goceries.