Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 10:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets, University Life
Default Sims can't leave lots in custom neighbourhood
Good evening.

Well, lately I downloaded the neighbourhood 'Autumn Falls' from here, and played with it, building some community and residential lots. Anyway, I made a pair of nice sims, build them a nice house, but they can't leave their lot to attend work, visit other sims or go to community lots.
Does anyone know a solution? I don't have hacks or mods. I really like that neighbourhood because it's small and loads fast.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 11:19 PM
No, the lot was already there.

Both happens. The sim complains shortly about something in the way and then the action stops and they start doing other things. Which is weird, because before I built the house they left the lot to talk with other sims.

I'll try moving the lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 10:57 AM Last edited by schwarzdrossel : 19th Jun 2016 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Edit for screenshots
Phew, thanks! I haven't gone back to play yet...

Okay, here are the screenshots:

As you can see, she's complaining, I wanted her to go and make a greeting card photo.

Here you can see the last time they left the lot, the white house in the background is theirs.

The only thing I could try would be go back to the neighbourhood and swatch to another family to see if it works on other lots.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 12:50 PM
Can they leave the lot if you make them stand near to the mailbox and then instruct them to go to work? What about if you make them stand outside at the back of the lot?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 3:27 PM
They won't stand outside the lot. It seems to be an issue with the sims themselves, first I deleted the plants around the door, on which they could leave, but as soon as they went to a community lot, they could't leave. The woman was stuck in the beauty salon, and the man in the school.
Then I tore the house down and rebuilt a new, empty one, but nay, they still couldn't get back home. Then I moved them to another lot, built a new, clean house without custom content, and moved them in. First I was optimistic when the man left for work, but the women could not leave the lot again. I then swapped families and the new family is fine, they go everywhere. So, in conclusion, there must be something wrong with the sims.

P.S: I just saw that they both have the same name, I forgot to give the woman a new one... could this interfere?
Site Helper
#8 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 6:24 PM
IIRC Having the same name -shouldn't- be interfering, but I would go ahead and rename the woman to see if it helps.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by schwarzdrossel
They won't stand outside the lot.

I didn't mean for you to make them stand outside of the lot- but rather outside of the house itself (in the 'garden' or 'yard'). What I was trying to ascertain was if the problem was a routing issue with your entrances and exits of the building (doors) or with the lot edges.

In your screenshots I can see that the world creator has placed lamp posts on the pavement. That can screw up the pedestrian routing in some cases. Can sims leave the lot if you direct them out of the back door and then to the grass area behind the lot?

Also, have you tried resetting the sims themselves?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 8:53 PM
Oooooh, sorry!

Yeah, they will go outside of the house, but not the lot. I tried the backdoor too, but to no avail.

The new family is fine, they go whereever they want.
I moved the initial family to a new lot, but still the same problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 9:55 PM
It will be hard to do so. But if I don't have a choice, as it seems...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 5:59 PM
I will try that! Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 3:42 PM
Ahem. So, it's me again!
It seems the routing in the neighbourhood is flawed, I have the same problem with a different family now, only they cannot leave their friend's lot...