Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 3:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Will my laptop run the sims 3? Or should I stick with the sims 2?
I recently got myself a new laptop and I was curious as to whether it'd even run the sims 3 and all ep's and sp's as well as my 8-9+ GB's of custom content I always end up with before I take the next few days to install all my mods and custom content. I do have the minimum specs but in the past I've always had issues with extreme lag+extremely long loading times especially in CAS. Unless maybe there's mods that help that I don't know about? I haven't played since about 2011. I still have a deep love for the sims 3 but it just started annoying me too much so I reverted back to the sims 2. It'd be amazing to be able to play again without those severe issues. Here are my new laptops specs:

Dell Inspiron 17.3 inch Laptop
The Key Specs
Display Size: 17.3"
Display Type: Truelife HD LED backlight
Resolution: 1600 x 900
Processor: 2.2GHz AMD A8 quad-core APU (A8-7410)
Memory: 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz
Optical Drive: DVD/CD
Storage: 1TB 5400RPM hard drive
Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Additional Specs
Model #: i5755-2858
Graphics: AMD Radeon R5
Audio: Stereo speakers; Realtek HD Audio with MaxxAudio
Wireless Adapter: Wi-Fi b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.0
Wired Network Adapter: 10/100 Ethernet LAN
Pointing Device: Multi-touch touchpad
Keyboard: Standard
Memory Card Slot: Supports SD, SDHC and SDXC cards
Ports: (1) USB 3.0, (2) USB 2.0, (1) HDMI 1.4a, (1) Headphone/microphone combo jack, (1) Ethernet
Battery: Built-in 4-cell 4400mAh Lithium-ion (battery life depends on usage and settings)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 4:33 AM
I'm not sure whether your GPU is powerful enough to handle the game. I'm not that familiar with AMD GPUs and the official page does not provide enough information.
What I can tell you is that your storage is a very slow HDD and that is going to cause lag for sure and your CPU is also a little bit modest, especially as regards clock speed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 5:37 AM
Alright thank you both I'll try downloading both and see what my results are before doing CC and mods.
Inventor
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
it's above 2gHz and quad core, it is fine.

First of all, it doesn't matter that it's quad core, because TS3 is a dual core application. It won't take advantage of the four cores. Second, CPU speed matters a lot to process AI in the game. That's the number one reason why so many people find places empty or Sims void of life looking at nothing. It's also important when using ultra speed or anything in general that's not graphics related.

To the OP:
Your PC may be able to RUN the game, but that does NOT mean your gaming experience will be optimal when a PC with modest specs.
The more hardware you can throw at Sims 3 (because of how badly coded it is) the better. It's important that all parts (cpu+gpu+storage) have similar speed to preven bottlenecking.