Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 4:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Why do my sims put use objects from their inventory to family inventory?
I gave a musician in my town some custom colored musical instruments into his inventory, when I checked on him days later the musical instruments weren't in his inventory, but in the family inventory instead.
What made him put away the instruments into family inventory? That clearly intervenes with my desire for him to use instruments I choose for him
He wasn't the only one though, other sims also put books and other inventory stuff from their inventory to their family inventory and I'm right now breaking my head thinking why can't they just keep it in their inventory where they can keep on using it.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 4:59 PM
That happens when you switch to another household. There is a way around that:
See How Do I Stop Personal Inventory Items Going Into The Family Inventory? On This Page
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 6:28 PM
Thanks, I wasn't aware this was a widely known issue.