Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
I've played 14 kingdoms that have a doctor in them, and my last kingdom was the only time I've seen this. I was wondering if it was dependent on traits. Mine had Herculean, Chivalrous and Entitled. Does yours have any of those traits?

As for your kneeling. Legendrian said his never worked either, so I don't know. Try the method I posted and see if that works for you.

no i don't have any of those traits. I don't even have Herculean on my choice of traits. guess that's one of the unlockables. my Physician has Earthy, Scholarly and Cursed traits.

will try and figure that one out. it would be nice to figure out a way so they keep kneeling when my monarch walks by it just adds to the realism. it's pretty annoying sometimes when they treat her like a nobody when she's around.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 4:19 AM
Nevermind, I thought it worked but now I think they were just starting to kneel before I saved and went to the main menu, and completed kneeling when I went back.
Scholar
#28 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
no i don't have any of those traits. I don't even have Herculean on my choice of traits. guess that's one of the unlockables. my Physician has Earthy, Scholarly and Cursed traits.

will try and figure that one out. it would be nice to figure out a way so they keep kneeling when my monarch walks by it just adds to the realism. it's pretty annoying sometimes when they treat her like a nobody when she's around.

Herculean is one of the legendary traits you can get through special quests. They replace your fatal flaw.
I wonder what was different about this Doctor then. He booed most people, and the laughing and pointing looked a bit mean as well. I'm glad he's not my Doctor :P

I posted a method to get them to kneel again. Did that not work for you?
Scholar
#29 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimWatcher
Nevermind, I thought it worked but now I think they were just starting to kneel before I saved and went to the main menu, and completed kneeling when I went back.

Yeah that happened to me a few times as well. I think I posted that I thought I had fixed it too near the start of the thread. It was so disappointing when it didn't continue.
Scholar
#30 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:16 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 13th Oct 2012 at 2:27 AM.
Hmmm, while testing out the possible fix for the kneeling animation my no bird call mod broke. The 2 aren't connected in any way...or at least shouldn't be.
When I was testing for the kneeling he called the bird a few times but I figured I probably uninstalled the bird call mod for some reason and so ignored it, but it's installed and apparently broken.

*edit* found the problem. It seems the mod only works if the birds aren't assigned to a perch.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 8:20 PM
11 months, develon months, who cares, if my comment here is meant to be read, by a certain lady I intend it for, then indeed it shall be. So Chickie, once more a comment for you pertaining to the kneeling problem, which I had problems with as you know, well, your only solution that did not work for me either, if you recall my saying so some time ago, has finally begun to work, but only by accident, as somehow I accidentally must have clicked Retire from Profession for my Honeykins Monarch, so had to start him back up so to speak, reinstate him if you will, in which I did not have to restart or reboot the game, so you know, but surprisingly some of the other Sims began bowing to him, but it did not last long, and only one sim each time I had to do this reinstating bowed, but more than one sim had the yellow smiley face in their thought balloons. I only had to do this twice.

Another thing that I am happy to report about this Sims Medieval and Pirates and Nobles digital download version that I recently installed, is that by the games default, my Jacoban Priest does not have the Politics ability, as remember the boxed version I was playing when I first began writing in the forum had my Jacoban Priest with the Politics ability where he/she could propose edicts and vote at the tactics table. Something else I find strange though, is that my knight still does not get the Politics ability by the games default. The only reason I believed he/she was supposed to, is from my major reading on all subjects Sims Medieval for these past 2 and near a 1/2 years, or is it now 3? Well, I s'pose it doesn't matter, since now I can give Reigh that abilty! Thanks to ye Modders. Oops, I better go, that rhyming jingle music is starting to enter my soul, and to go on, will surely mean a loooooong thang, can ya hang? Most I'd say no, they would prefer to go. Oh No! I'll say good-bye on the sly, and be well, now ain't you swell? Yeaaahh, Adios, Chickietee de most!

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 2:54 AM
Only if you made them Monarch first through the core, but this will eventually bring about problems since the game isn't designed to recognize 2 heroes of the same profession.

I am thoroughly stunned Chickie Babes, but you are incorrect in your statement, ma Dear. I only just realized this a few days ago, that indeed TSMPN will acknowledge 2 and possibly more hero sims with the same occupation. However, I would like to point out that when you made this statement, it may have been not reasonably possible, as I believe at the time you stated this, Grims Medieval Core 2 had yet to be released? And perhaps not the Forsaken Socials mods added together of yours and Shimrods. I use the combo of both forsaken socials package, Grims Core 2, and TZ Dynamic Profession package all together, but usually as I think you know, I only use Grims Core 2 for very specific reasons, or GREAT need if I can't bear to allow a sim to continue living in my kingdom. Yes, I can be very determined when I have witnessed a most uncivilized or simply unfair, unjustified, or ugly act in my kingdom performed by a sim not of my own creation, especially if that act was taken upon one of my sims, who of course by my game's default is always innocent of any wrong doing! LOL
No, seriously, though I know it is very strange, but my longtime sims are simply kind and generous sims. They do not instigate cruel behavior, or even act out in ugly ways, EVEN with the trait of misanthrope, or morose! Stunning ain't it? I tried cruelty trait out on one sim queen i made perhaps 2 years ago, to see what the trait was like, but all she really did somewhat unkindly was mock other sims, but never did she that I saw just up and make the bajesus out of them...stranger still is my knight Reigh Nigh, I tried my hardest Chickie to make him mean, as general societies tend to view the idealistic knight, but he just would not do it. I gave him the traits I most despise....the two I mentioned above, but he remained total sugar sprinkles and sunshiny love to most everyone especially Xylan Mr. Monarch himself! LOL

Its really strange Chick Miss, but I love it too, is that I notice, or feel that I see that some of my sims have closer or tighter relationships towards specific other sims of mine, which is to say, if it were a real situation and not a game, that it seems to me that one of my sims cares very deeply for another of my sims, some emotional state that goes beyond their given traits or or professions. Perhaps there is some sort of relationship builder process inside the game, that has yet to be tapped into by any modder out there, or at least hasn't yet been mentioned in much of the sites concerning TSM? I speak about my Doc Blade Bungle having a special kind of love for Lagger Beer. As you know these are two of my first sims I created, and am satisfied with the whole of my work on them, and shall keep them as a part of every kingdom I create for as long as I play, which could be also my dying day, so at least for another 20 plus years, unless of course I meet a big yellow bus I have had no time to prepare for its introduction into my life, well then, may the person who buries me be wise enough to know what ought to be done with my beloved sims...I am happy to reveal that most the people I know close to me are indeed smarter than the sims in game.
So indeed you can understand that I have watched closely the behaviors of my sims more so than NPC's and for long lengths in time. This "love" held by my doc for my dark biker type Peteran Priest is a consistent event or emotion in nearly every kingdom. I do not believe that this deeper love is simply happenstance, as each quest though played several times throughout many kingdoms are never the same, nary a once have I felt like I was experiencing a repeat in game play, as nothing but the phrases in the balloons are the same in any one quest played repeatedly throughout these many kingdoms I've played. Every time it is new, except my deep seceded hatred for the builder...

side note on him, I had been able to murder him after first installing Grims Core, and satisfied FINALLY was I, even though an image of him would be immediately spawned in replacement, of the one I found great please in murdering, and I could live with that, but of late and for some time now, no matter what all that may be done to him is to ATTEMPT to kill him, where the sword being pushed into his head and through his guts just makes him lay down, and then he jumps back up smiling gleefully and asking how my sim fairs, which makes me want to jump into the game screen and wrap a tunic round his huge sweaty neck and squeeze the air out of his lungs in a slow but painful way. What's up with this? I have finally come to any acceptance that if I want to play TSMPN, this PIG will forever be a part of my game, but I know it is possible to get rid of the one you are first given, if you simply want him gone for whatever reason. This is the most I will likely ever have in any kind of revenge against that sim for all the cruelty he performed out upon my Xylan and other beloved sims, when I was without mods, and the ability to punish him for his misdeeds, yes, when I was helpless to play the part of Watcher as might be done in a realistic scenario, such as God/Watcher would have no barriers to power in this real world. So why if you know Dear Lady, has this power been tweaked, or edited. No matter the quest, and his lack of participation in it, can I absolutely kill, do away with, slaughter, murder the version the game has given me at start. I want to be able to murder the antelope, just like I had longed for in so many months plus some years!

The relationship factor I feel is present in game, is lovely and amazes me to no end. I suppose it is just something Watchers who know their sims can detect, as it is through their behaviors sim to another sim where much of their feelings are revealed for specific sims, aas you seemed to hint at in your post in which I am replying, and more above it, and the scene and programmed directives I just wanted to highlight the subject as I find it so fascinating, and causes me myself to feel as though I am bonding with my characters. I enjoy it much.

So to my real purpose writing now, that being the games ability to accept 2 sims in the same profession in a kingdom. I made a post in which I mentioned where I had carried over one or two of sims that were both my monarch's children grown up. I found his youngest daughter a real delight in her adulthood, and wanted her to be a part of that very kingdom, so firstly I gave her the profession of spy, and that field had yet to be developed let us say. But this led to that, and I felt I need to carry her over into a file instead of merely have her living in Daddy's house for an unknown length of time. He grandfather, and great grandfather were Qyall Quartz, and Taran Lords Jacoban Priest, got so deep into the genealogy, unsurprisingly, sweet me, Xeny had a terrible time in NOT being quite confused! But anyway, she did a fantastic job as a spy on a quest with her Daddy Xylan all the while living at home. Yes, this was a default quest in which she played the spy's character as she had been made a spy by me without having placed the spy headquarters, and later I decided to carry her over. Her older sister by some years, had a very similar nature as she, so I figured what the heck, and carried her over as well. I saved my game at some point, and took their perspective files, renaming them each the very names they had been given inside the kingdom in which they had been born, and deleted the copy of their files that the carry over process made inside the SAVES folder in My Documents, then booted up my game to continue in game play and complete the kingdoms ambition. I then placed the spy headquarters and made her sister the main spy which would take up residence in that building.

I would like to point out very clearly that it is easy to remove a sim from a kingdom in play and bring them back into the very same kingdom without needing to wait for the next quest or ambition in order to do so. I believe it may have been Silverprinz who indicated that this waiting period was necessary in order to carry back into a game a sim you had carried over from....but it is not so, one can do as I explained above, just make sure to make a copy of their file placing it into My Documents/Sims Medieval/Saved Sims and delete or remove from the SAVES folder the carried over sim file, then reboot the game. A restart of the PC may be helpful as well for some, as when one restarts their computer, everything inside ones PC is refreshed. After this, and starting up the game once more, is when a gamer will then see their newest carried over sim listed in with the other sims in CAS when they go to add another building.

I never got further than the last quest in which I had just added the older sister as the main spy in the kingdom of Justice, Chickie Toots, but not because of the sisters, or their reintroduction into the same kingdom, but due to my Doc marrying one of Xylan's servants, as I stated in a previous post, mostly about my Doc;s marriage problems. He almost never can marry any other hero sim, or sims close to hero sims. He never could! Modded game or absolutely default TSMPN. This excitable, drunkard in the medical field is probably my most lovable character, whether or not a Watcher has different preferences than any other Watcher, so for me where as with any other sim having his situation concerning marriage, I might find completely hilarious, I just can't bring myself to view it this way with my Doc Blade Bungle. For him, I simply want to cry.
If any sim in my game deserved love from another sim in a marriage relationship, it is Doc Blade. But he can't have it, so says TSM/P&N game.
Doc just keeps coming back though full of giggles, and chortles, big slightly overlarge teeth filling the open space of his ever smiling mouth, even when he is in the worst of buff lacking pain! And the devil in him is never cruel or mean, but it is a joyful moment of happiness so real and delightful, even the hardhearted who play TSMPN would laugh and smile at his antics....Antics he acts out on his own, mind you. I would NEVER think to have any of my sims pickpocket Emperor/king/Lord Xylan at any time. I say I know it can be done, but not be done to MY Xylan through me having had any sim hero or no pickpocket my BABYkins Xylan! He will be respected and feared in his kingdom. and never mocked! But Doc Blade Bungle took it upon his non Watcher controlled stray from his medical mind to surprise the heck out of me and pickpocket Emperor Xylan! I was shocked as I barely caught the theft if not for the event bubble informing me he had done it!
You see I gave him the ability of scoundrel, as I do with almost all my sims each kingdom, so as if any NPC takes the best advantage of my sims, my sims can in turn return the trick back on them. I use this ability, or rather have my sims use it as a sort of protection ability, and also to save myself anger and or frustration, in the possibility of being unable to extract revenge against any deceivers and thief's. Like the guy forcing my spy to pay him money for Darcien's ring on the beach. My spy just pickpocket's the dirty fellow after he gives the money, and then abandons the jerk.
But when Blade did this to Xylan, I could find no anger for it, or him, as I said before, Doc is so dang lovable, he is irresistible when he laughs or speaks, and I notice, though it may be a default component of the game as its sense is that it is intended to be as real-like as a real world might be in many mannerisms, not only in graphics of humanness, but NO Sim just walks away from Doc, after he has applied First Aid to their unprepared face. I see sims immediately walk away from conversations with others and find it rather rude, my own included, but none so far ever at any time have I seen them be the first to leave the conversation Bubble as it were with Doc after First Aid. Its amazing and neat. Its the sign of respect the game as ALWAYS lacked concerning the monarch and the kneeling he/she is ENTITLED to as the leader of the kingdom. Chickie you know how this LACK has always bothered me but perhaps not to any degree of extreme. Well, at least the Doc got something no other Sim has or would be given by any other sim NPC. Yep, Doc has the monarch;s respect! Maxis ie EA Games really quirked up this game to the super hyperlink extreme, didn't they? The term Easter Egg doesn't even belong in the same sentence with the screw up made in TSMPN!

I'm not exactly sure who or what can take the most credit for me loving this game as I do, but my deepest considerations seem to lead me away from inconsiderate of their customers game developer's and publisher's with eye socket's the size of silver dollars, and I am brought to a place like MTS, well I am already here, ain't I? And then I am certain that the creator's caring less if I love the game or not, but were delighted at the green in their palms come by us, and I weigh the two in my mind, not my palms. I weigh the folks at sites like MTS, and others, against EA Games, and Maxis, and I find you all the lightest. While the a'fore mentioned bloated bastwards so weighed down with their arrogance and deception have sunk so low as to be drowned with the ship's captain, so to speak.
It is not too difficult for even those who may have no brain at all to determine who between the two in comparison has the interest and concern for the customers of EA Games...and the love for the game. Hands down its the generously giving and somewhat nurturing minds and hearts of the active members of sites such as MTS from parts around the world...in EA Games' yall are just some blokes who bought the product....maybe, they might have accused more of pirating their games than acknowledged them as customers or even said thanks for being loyal to a media camera.

I know its all of you active members here, and other sites, giving of their time, and hard work from the modders, all of us who participate, as sharing our discoveries is as important for some as mods are for others, so all of us are included in the faction I am addressing now. The lightest, the most fun to engage in sim discussion with, and where I would rather be typing away about my experiences and my sim in TSMPN. You all are the GO-TO place when Simmers just HAVE to get it off their chest what happened in their game....I have no other personally in which to yap about my game experiences with Sims Medieval, so you all are my foster jaw flappers as any who love TSMPN MUST have an outlet other than the family dog to share their Sims stories! I am glad I found you all, Foster Flappers! I shall always be fine with your freedom in choosing whether or not to read post I write, and likely many of you are grateful and perhaps even feel enormously blessed by God in Heaven for that freedom to say NO to reading Xeny's posts, but whatever any of yall may feel, I am so glad there is you, and that you are as involved in this game near or close as me, I thank all of ya out there, for I can relate with any posts you make, as we understand each other since we share a passion for the same thing in 1000 or more different formats.......sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (t)! WHO COULD EVER BE BORED?????

Bless, Xeny

Quote:
Scholar
#33 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 7:52 AM
I didn't say it couldn't, I said it wasn't designed to.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 10:41 PM
Default The Cause of the bowing to the monarch ending?
I didn't say it couldn't, I said it wasn't designed to.

Ah, I see.

Chickie, I think I may have found a possible cause of why NPC's stop bowing to the monarch in the game! I believe it is because the NPC's stop recognizing to whom the monarch is specifically. I came to this belief due to TWO separate events, in TWO DIFFERENT kingdoms, by TWO different NON-monarch hero sims, the first being my Bard Lyrical Chords in the quest King For A Day, and my Doc Blade Bungle during the quest Bric-a-Brac Day. As you know, both of these quests include a time that the Main hero sim on the quest is required to sit upon the Throne to get a feel for what its like, I suppose. What happened when these hero sims sat on the Throne was that immediately NPC sims approached the Throne trying to Petition the monarch.....In my lengthy time of playing these quests, NEVER had this occurred. I had never had them sit overly long on Xylan's Throne but just to snap a picture of them on it, however, in both of these recent cases of NPC's trying to petition the Bard, and the Doc, they had just barely sat down.

I am quite certain that the NPC's are NOT supposed to petition an acting guard of the monarchy while the king/queen goes on holiday, nor are they programmed to do so when a Physician has to sit on the Throne to find the monarch's lost Teddy! But they did, fairly recently, in two very different kingdoms, as stated above. I am using no mods that cut off or down the amount of petitioner's from asking petitions, and I never have used one, so these actions cannot be due to any possible error written in the code of a mod relating to anything about the Throne.

If I am right about this assumption Chickie, that in fact the NPC sims stop bowing to the monarch due that they no longer recognize him or her as the monarch, then it also answers many of my questions on their bad behavior towards Xylan my monarch. Likw why when he is so very popular and well liked by the Village as shown at the Tactical Map, and also well liked by the majority of Sims he has encountered do they continue to BOO him OUTRAGEOUSLY whenever he spar's or duel's other sims, why some sims will try and take food directly from him (this just happened a day ago, I saw a grubby NPC attempt to beat Xylan to his cheese pie and consume it before he could sit down at the table. The KING! I have seen them do it to my other non-monarch sims, especially to Lagger Beer, but NEVER to King/Emperor Xylan!) I think I am beginning to "SEE IT ALL" in my TSMP&N, Chickie. The sims of late seem to be breaking ALL the game default rules for them now, like the opening up of the monarch's larder, without permission to do any such thing, and I NOT controlling them, and consuming prepared food they removed from that larder.

So you see, it seems that the NPC sims only are aware that a Sim has sat upon the Throne, and go to it to petition as that is the main purpose of the Throne in the game, and supposedly by game default, the more popular the monarch, the higher his/her level is, the more quickly NPC's will approach the Throne, and more sims will seek to petition. You see? They did NOT see, all they knew was that another sim sat om the Throne, they bowed to a Bard, and a Physician, not a king, nor an Emperor.

I am at this stage quite certain the NPC sims in my game see Xylan Darksword as any other sim and NOT as the ruler of their kingdom, hence their awful treatment of him for all this time I have played this game. If I am right about this error then it is also an error with everyone else's game who plays TSMP&N, since the awful behavior of NPC's has ALWAYS been a factor in my game modded or NOT modded since the first time I played, to today, about an hour ago, the last play I made.

Do you suppose with some more investigation of this scenario of mine, that there may be a possible fix for the bowing to the monarch after all?

Thanks Toots, Xeny

Quote:
Page 2 of 2