Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 8:02 PM Last edited by srtaeppley : 30th Mar 2015 at 9:34 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
How do I make a collection package file to go in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Collections/User" file
I love it when creators include collections package files with their s3pack cc. It makes finding the newly installed items in-game so much easier. Since not all creators do this, I would like to be able to make my own. I have searched and searched the internet for months, and have come up with a big fat zero. It can't be this much of a mystery. Can anyone point me in the right direction to which program I should download to make a collection package file to go in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Collections/User" file? A link to a user's guide would also be helpful. (For a while I thought maybe it was CC Magic, but can find nothing saying it would make such files and I don't really want to convert my s3packs to .package files that go in the mods folder if I don't really have to. And the links to the user's guides on this website result in the "can be found, isn't this embarrassing" message, so that was no help.) To all those creators who include these collection files, I kiss the ground you walk on! How do you do it?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 9:57 AM
Uhm, CC Magic will work for that, but you have to rearrange all your cc and convert it.. But... couldnt you just make collections in the game?

But whats the point in using sims3packs?

Im not a native speaker