Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:50 AM
Default Vehicles for Penthouse Sims: Is it Possible?
So the latest incarnation of my favorite family is living in one of the loft buildings, and there looks to be space for parking vehicles in the back. However, when I try to place a parking marker, it won't let me, saying that I "can't edit anything outside of the apartment" or whatever the message says. Have I overlooked another possible way to have personal vehicles (outside of moving into a house), or is my family doomed to walking, taxis and subways? :/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:59 AM
There's a thread here already on how to edit lots, but if you don't want to do that, you can:

Type in cheat move objects on
Put a parking space in your apartment.
Place car on parking space
Put car in sims inventory
Delete parking space
Type in cheat move objects off
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:04 AM
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:05 AM
Or, if using any of the default Apartments from Bridgeport, you can place down a car in any of the garages or parking spots already supplied.

If building your own apartment building then make sure you place the public space orb down in the room where the parking spots are if they are inside of a garage.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lockheart
Or, if using any of the default Apartments from Bridgeport, you can place down a car in any of the garages or parking spots already supplied.

Um...how, exactly? This is kind of what I've been trying to do...
Also I'd rather not have to resort to cheats or hacks 'cos, knowing my luck, I'd mess up what seems to be an already fragile game code. >_>
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:51 AM
Or you can just put a car in their inventory. Whathisface, Romeo Rake, the spy, lives in a high rise and has a shiny car in his inventory that he uses to get around.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Or you can just put a car in their inventory. Whathisface, Romeo Rake, the spy, lives in a high rise and has a shiny car in his inventory that he uses to get around.

Can you put stuff straight into their inventory, without placing it on the ground first?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 4:55 PM
AnnaIME:
With the moveobjects on cheat, you can place the car wherever you want, even in the bathroom. Go to live mode and place it in the inventory. That's all.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 5:12 AM Last edited by grumpybum : 7th Nov 2010 at 5:16 AM. Reason: spelling
Maybe not relevent but I moved my sim into a penthouse and then suddenly she had a police car in her inventory. Really odd and funny.