Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 1:52 AM
Default Enable animations on empty lots?
After your amazing light-on, light-off, I thought "wow, now I won't have to move a sim in just for some light". I recently realized, what about animations from fountains and placeable effects? So, is that doable? Because that would be totally awesome.

I am happy to hear any ideas for my Storybook expansion project, as well as open to others helping.
Also, check out my object recoloring tutorial.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 3:21 AM
Interesting idea. I have no idea how to do this, so it would definitely require some research (and maybe some luck). Not high on my priority list, I'm afraid.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 3:24 AM
It's just cool that it is on it at all.

I am happy to hear any ideas for my Storybook expansion project, as well as open to others helping.
Also, check out my object recoloring tutorial.
Instructor
#4 Old 13th May 2013 at 12:11 PM
I doubt this would be so doable. First of all, no one had translated game effects. This was one of my biggest problems once I'm not a programmer. To turn lights on or off is not exactly an effect but a change material thingie.
To turn the water of a fountain on is another problem once it works only on live mode and depends on a text file to pull an effect (that is not translated) and place it exactly on a container slot from a multi-tile object. And it deals on something that is either seen from hood view or from the neighbor lot. If you find a solution for this, well, kiss your feet. I badly need it.
Site Helper
#5 Old 13th May 2013 at 7:03 PM
Thanks, xptl297. That's helpful to know.