Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 11:20 PM
The fridge with a real texture-shows where the door etc is.
I have a Coke fridge that was meant for Finland only? Strange but whatever. I have not ever really looked at it until today while trying my hand at making a fridge into something else usable in the kitchen (re colouring). This fridge to date is the only EA fridge I have found that has a real texture map. It is twice the width and shows the door, sides and back. Heaven to a noobie at fridge re-colours and fed up with the ones that stretch texture and make my first attempt roll on the floor laughable. It is slaved unmercifully to the basic expensive fridge, the scenograph is like nothing I've seen before so I'm a little hesitant to attempt to clone and play with it. The thing is that this isn't really or at all a new object just a new pretty cover texture that presents a whole new world of options to re-colour peeps like myself. If I thought I could use this texture and apply it to the other fridges I wouldn't be here. I'd be swearing in photoshop.

I would so like to make this a stand alone fridge with different food/wine inside and of course lots of outside options; but although I know it may need lots of additions to make a clear cres (something at the moment it hasn't got) I'm wondering if I'm biting off more than I can chew.
Is this possible, can I/anyone make this fridge a stand apart from the rest of the EA gang fridges with different food/wine/insert whatever you want here; inside it? My outside re-colour is working quite well I just need a bit more practice. If I can dream this then what could the real experienced people here do?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Fridge-Coke_Special.7z (134.2 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 10:56 PM
For anyone who is curious it is possible to clone this and add textures etc. It works perfectly but I cannot for the life of me make the damn thing recolorable : -( I did however make two very cool Wine coolers.

There is no Planet B
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:19 PM
Right now your fridge is a clone, not a recolor. Was this your intention? It also appears you may not have done Fix Integrity.

To make it recolorable: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=103379

You can make the interiors as part of your package with new textures by adding a subset as shown in the pic above.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:36 AM
Thank you HugeLunatic, the fridge above is how it came (not even sure where it came from to be honest). If it is just a EA clone of the Brrr fridge it would make a lot of sense. I'm still learning about meshing and internal files hench not being able to figure why when I cloned it I could give it re colour options but they don't work. My clone has the interiors as part of the re colour subset as I thought a glass fridge door would be cool. I must read up on fix integrity because to date I have not had the nerve to press that button.

There is no Planet B