Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 10:33 AM
Default The Bane of the Repairwoman
TY for clicking to find out the Bane of the Repairwoman, who in this case is Tuesday Sears!

I am playtesting my apartment complex and it's as troublesome as you might imagine. The lot has 48 full bathrooms and 16 full kitchens, making it Tuesday Spears's neverending project. It seems that the minute she completes a job something else needs assistance. The majority of it is clogged toilets, and I don't like that the animation for unclogging shows splashing toilet water. The secret is to not plunge so enthusiastically. The floor is no longer so clean that I can eat off of it. To remove this breakdown annoyance chain from the future downloaders of the lot I will have to give all the appliances the unbreakable upgrade. Out of the 21 sims in the household only Chachu "Chachworth III" Leyati is saavy enough for the job, but I dread the time it will take and the burden on my patience as I watch. It's not like TS3 will let me queue it all and go do something else.

My question: Do you know any workaround to make it easy or even do it all at once, by way of mod or utility? A way to set the unbreakable flag on the objects? Or have I no open volition but to let Chachworth out of his cage to fetch his wrench?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:33 PM
I know of no workaround for that. Replace the toilets Chachu has not yet upgraded to the expensive unbreakable toilets?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 5:27 PM
Twaillians either DeBug or Master Controller will up grade them all but you have to do each individually, which is not perfect for your needs but better than watching a sim do it . I'm not sure which mod it is cause I use them both. Just click on the object go through the options till you find upgrade to.. now that I've said that, let me ask you this: Are you crazy?! holy mackerel! That household is insane! LOL
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:15 PM
Just enable debug mode (I think it's testingcheats enabled) and control-click them to add the required object upgrade. That being said, your still going to have to go through each object individually but that's better then waiting for even an experienced team of upgraders and repairmen; also a LOT cheaper!
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:57 AM
TY all!

Well I might be a little crazy. I think that each floor should have at least one full bathroom. All sims are unfortunate pee puddles waiting to happen. EA must have changed the cheats, so it was Twallan's Debug Enabler that solved it. I didn't mind clicking each appliance, it was the thought of watching for two minutes each time that made me feel sick.

( 3 bathroom * 48 ) + ( 3 kitchen * 16 ) + ( 1 oven * 16 ) = This mod saved me from the agony of watching 208 minutes of fast forward upgrading!