Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 4:31 AM Last edited by bille_182002 : 6th Nov 2010 at 4:50 AM.
Default Being a celeb outside of Bridgeport
Is there anyway to be in the celeb career without having to live in Bridgeport, I like the new town, but it can be a little too much sometimes.

I cant seem to find a lot big enough in twinbrook, anyone else try, what about the other hoods?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 12:32 PM
In Sunset Valley you can place up to 4 large Lots on the Hill, where the Alto family lives. Kick them out, the other family too, delete the houses up there. The Lots have the sizes 60x60, but you can delet them and place 64x64 Lots there without problems.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 6:09 PM
I've been able to place 3 clubs in Twinbrook but it wasn't a walk in the park. Twinbrook is really limited. My Sims were becoming celebrities just by existing before I placed them though. So I put the lots in to give them someplace to be celebrities at! I could only get the low end bars in out in city suburb and then I placed the Sports Bar out in the boonies where I found 1 area I could lay a big lot. It looks ridiculous right next to a bunch of shacks but oh well!
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:19 PM
In Twinbrook, you can also rezone the Red Rendezvous. Swap the bar out for a professional one and you're done, although there's plenty of room upstairs if you want to add a dance floor, performance space, bar games and so on.

Here's a tip about NL lot placement though: DON'T FORGET THE SUBWAYS The subway station is in BuyDebug, and you can place em on any (pre-existing or new) lot. They don't take up a lot of space. And, with a subway station, you don't need your lot to be on a road -- your sims will be able to get there without jogging ridiculously across the fields in their evening clothes So anywhere you have room to put a cluster of highrises or large lots, you can just call it a "pedestrian mall" and ignore the road system.
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:42 PM
I just made one bar but put everything in it. My sim is already 3 stars and gets invited to lots of parties etc. But there aren't many high ranked celebs in my town, only 1 and 2 stars.

[COLOR=Red]Reel Big Fish Rock!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Taj Burrow is the best surfer ever! [/COLOR]
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bex
I just made one bar but put everything in it.

The only reason this isn't an ideal solution is that certain gameplay things are tied to bar type... for instance, opportunites, the range of drinks the mixologist serves, the type of sims the bar attracts, and its opening hours. So if you want EVERYTHING in your game, you need a full set. But it's inessential if that's not your gameplay focus, of course
Instructor
#7 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:02 AM
Here's something handy I found today. Jesslla over at MATY has made several clubs, they're all are on 25x25 lots. She has a sports bar, a dive bar, a dance club and an "exclusive" night spot.

Just go there and you'll find her lots at...
More Awesome Than You!/TS3: Apocalypse Now!/Pudding Factory.

Enjoy!

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.