Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 9:03 PM
Default I have never had a meteor of any kind in my game
are they rare?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:19 PM
You're not the only one, I'm in the same boat: never ever saw any until I tried a mod available here at LN's time and it worked! I was able to have a lot of meteors until Generations was released and then the mod was outated So no more meteor for me once again. *sigh* If only someone updated that mod, a bit chaos is fun.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 11:21 PM
There was a discussion about this here. It seems for most people it's rare but for others it happens all the time.

This was my reply...

Quote:
I have never had a meteor in my game...ever. My husband however got a meteor the first time he played after ambitions. Funny enough I am still looking for a unicorn...guess what happened the first time he played after pets.... I am not amused and to make it worse I also play more than him.

...still haven't had a meteor , but I found a unicorn !
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 1:13 AM
I just had my first meteor today. Bunny came home from work, exhausted, and suddenly she wonders why it's so dark. So of course she has to run outside and see. It landed right on her front sidewalk. Thankfully, it didn't burn the house. I certainly hope I'm not going to become one of those where "it happens all the time". I don't think I'd like that.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gesine
I just had my first meteor today. Bunny came home from work, exhausted, and suddenly she wonders why it's so dark. So of course she has to run outside and see. It landed right on her front sidewalk. Thankfully, it didn't burn the house. I certainly hope I'm not going to become one of those where "it happens all the time". I don't think I'd like that.

It was established in the other thread that if your not getting them almost daily already you will probably be ok.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 8:44 PM
I've only seen one. It blew up my mini van and killed the pregnant wife of my main sim. Pissed me off. I ended up quitting without saving and reloading the game.
Theorist
#7 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 2:53 AM
Everyone's game is different. My first one ever was just after I installed Ambitions and I created a sim to try out the firefighter career... his first call was a meteor hitting a house. The 2nd one was an established family I was playing in a small player made world called Mapleton. No one was home thankfully but the house was gone. Third time was in HIdden Springs. I just installed it and just created a family, moved them into a lot, built the house and started decorating it. I went into live mode to save and BOOM!! Daddy died and half the house was singed. Talk about frustrated.... all that hard work down the toilet. Hasn't happened since I've installed Generations.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#8 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 3:50 AM
If you really want a meteor, then just use Twallans debug enabler to trigger meteor, or use a more likely meteors mod.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 9:19 PM
Spend more time at the telescope. It's just a matter of luck, unless you feel like going Armageddon (which you'll need Twallan's debugenabler, and start spamming Meteors)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 10:15 PM
I had a meteor once without cheating, my sim was a Daycare worker, and was outside telling the kids a story (it's so much easier outside!!!) and when it was time for the parents to come get the kids a meteor fell right outside the house, two of the children's parents were killed, and she ended up having to watch the toddlers over night, the next morning when it was time for them to drop the kids off, the two vanished!! Think it may have been a glitch.
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 12:44 AM
I'd never seen a meteor after hours upon hours of playing Sims 3 from it's release. Then I installed Generations, and like I normally do with a new expansion pack, I made a new sim.

Spent ages getting her just right in CAS, the perfect clothes, the perfect nose etc etc. Placed her in game, made the perfect house for her, nicely decorated etc. Started to play..........

She took one step outside of her new front door and got flattened by a falling meteor!! Perfect sim and perfect house gone in the blink of an eye!

Boy was I mad at the time
Instructor
#12 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 3:32 AM
I've had a meteor once, in Bridgeport.
I made this adorable couple who had their own band, and well, I finished decorating their apartment (awesom(e?)ly I might add) and they went to go practice at the Butterfly place and BAM! Dead within like 2 seconds.
I didn't even save them before hand T_T
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 3:36 AM
I've only ever had one, it happened at the school in Bridgeport

Haven't had once since :/
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 2:02 PM
The only time I see them is if one of my sims is a firefighter. Otherwise I never see them anymore.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 2:33 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 29th Jan 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
or use a more likely meteors mod.
Link, please? I couldn't find any that isn't obsolete or that does the opposite. So please share.

Anyway I was fed up of waiting for that update, I watched a video tutorial on how to update old mods and updated the one from here - or at least the one flavor I used - haven't had much time to test it though.

Edit: My update worked! My test lot was wiped out by a huuuge meteorite! I made it! Huzzah To make it a bit harder I lowered the time between the warning and the impact, from 30 minutes to 20, now sims have to run FAST to avoid it!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 3:26 PM
I hardly have meteors, but I had one yesterday after using the Ford Skydiving Center. Agnes Crumplebottom was killed while inside the place. My sim got out in time and made a fortune off the rocks.
Alchemist
#17 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 6:59 PM
I'm still waiting to see one. I'd love to have one of my sims family killed by something that random. I just don't want to use a mod. If it's not a complete surprise it'll ruin it for me
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 7:04 PM
is Twallan's mod current? There is a new EP coming out soon too.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 3:50 AM
I had some sort of doom meteor shower that tried to take out my entire family.. once it killed the dad though, I figured out to move the Sims before they got squished...
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 4:32 AM
I have one neighborhood where the main house gets hit constantly...I'd never had one before pets.
I thought it was a glitch, but it only happens there.
She has a huge lot and a large pasture...and they always fall there. The first shower killed two of her neighbors who ran over to watch and destroyed all the jumps.
I'd never seen one, so I had no idea what was about to happen when the "So and so notices it's starting to get dark." (I think it was one of the horses I was playing)
and then wham! Meteors and fire everywhere, sims on fire, people dying, the unicorn trying to put the fire out.
I dont have a meteor mod, but that house/pasture gets hit all the time.
#21 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 3:13 AM
I've had two meteors myself and my mom has had about three.

One of my meteors came right in the middle of my vacation in France. Didn't even know it could land in a vacation world. O_O"
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 4:51 AM
I've had two before. The first one occurred while I was away and forgot to pause. My vampire sim and a paparazzi were both killed. The second time was pretty scary. I got the "sim wonders why it's so dark" message, so I sent her to somewhere where she'd be safe. Then, just as the meteor hit, she sprinted to her computer and the meteor JUST missed her. I was able to get her to the shower on time, so she survived, but it was too close for comfort.
Scholar
#23 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 2:09 PM
Does this count? My sim saw a meteor in her telescope and was told to look at the map to see where it landed. It was on the steps of the school. She picked it up and it was initially worth 4k simoleons. Then she analyzed it and it was worth 8k. I had no idea that you could have meteors in the game that landed offsite.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Does this count? My sim saw a meteor in her telescope and was told to look at the map to see where it landed. It was on the steps of the school. She picked it up and it was initially worth 4k simoleons. Then she analyzed it and it was worth 8k. I had no idea that you could have meteors in the game that landed offsite.

I'm pretty sure that has been around since the base game.

I may be wrong though I can't remember (about 90% sure).
Forum Resident
#25 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 5:58 AM
You guys who get random meteors like that, are you using mods? Custom worlds?? Because I've NEVER had a meteor hit my town and I've been playing this game for about 2 years...I mean does it happen during a certain generation? Could you be a little more specific?
Page 1 of 2