Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 9:07 PM
Default How do you trick or treat?
How does the Spooky day trick or treating work? I got a pop up on Spooky day that it was the last day my sims could go trick or treating. I tried to send my child sim to the house next door and he wouldn't go. Then had mom and him go and clicked on the door and got no option. NPC's were coming to the same house, ringing the bell and getting candy but my sims didn't get any options. I tried clicking on the door and on the house and even on the sim handing out the candy. I then went to map view and click on several houses and finally got one that gave a trick or treat bubble. I sent my sims there. They got into the car and went there. When they got there they both got out of the car and ran behind the house. When I looked behind the house my sims weren't there and there wasn't anything but some trees. A couple minutes later they come back and their faces are cover in berry stain like they had just finished a pie eatting contest. Then mom jumps into the car and drives away leaving the kid. He jumps on a bike and follows her home. I've gotten the Feast Day and Costume party to work but not the trick or treating. The NPC children that come to my sim's house don't have a parent with them and they seem to be pre-teens and teens so I am unsure if a parent is needed for the active household to do this.

So how do I get my sim kids to trick or treat? Can they trick or treat anytime during the fall season? Is there something I have to do before they can do this activity? Would really love some help with this.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 2:24 AM
IIRC you can go trick-or-treating one day before and on Spooky Day itself. Just click on an inhabited house and select the go trick-or-treating option that should appear along with the other normal stuff like visiting the household. There might need to be someone at home for the option to not be grayed out but the times when I had my sims go trick-or-treating, the folks were at home.
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 9:22 PM
And once you tell them to trick or treat at one house, they'll autonomously wander around and find other houses to do it at. I had a sim do it for the first time yesterday, and he got to 4 houses.

Was your sim wearing a costume? I selected a costume for my sim(who was a child, I had no success getting my teen sim to wear a costume) by clicking on the sim, then choosing the pie menu option. I'm not sure if he could have trick or treated without it or not.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 3:46 AM
Just click on the door (not your's, your neighboor's door) Child and/or Teen, you have to make them wear a costume, and 1 day before spooky day and spooky day!

P.S.:If you don't want your kids to get coutht by the police after the curfew then add an adult in the group!