Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 7:32 PM
Default How to tell which file it is when CC clothes loose their mesh or main package file?
So Ive two clothes that seems miss either main or mesh file (orphaned) because Ive dublicates of maxi clothing (an outerwear female and a suit for male)that become transparents when using mirror or planning outfits, and I can't figure out which one they are so I can delete them. My download folder is not the best structured ever so I dont want to remove everything to find it as I fear I will end up with more orphaned CC items that way.

Ive the download organizer but don't understand how it work that well. Whats the easiest way to track down orphaned CC if you don't want delete the entire folder? These dublicate transparent clothes start to become annoying.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 10:10 PM
I usually wait until I need to load body shop and mouse over the clothes, often that says the name. I guess you could also enter debug mode in CAS and mouse over the items there as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 10:42 PM
SimPE has a recolour-basemesh scanner, and theo made an Orphan Mesh scanner plugin. They work through the tools>Scan folders dialog.

You can see that the file path is displayed, and there is an 'open' link right next to that to go straight to the file.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 3:40 PM
JoandSarah. Well, the problem is that they don't show up in CAS/Bodyshop - only when changing clothes via the wardrobe or gussy up.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 4:43 PM
What do you mean by that? Do you mean you can't see the outfit at all in BS or is just the thumbnail affected?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 4:46 PM
Maxon: I can only see them when they are in a sim's closet, not in bodyshop with a broken thumbnail nor in CAS.