Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#7876 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 8:12 AM
RIP Joe Carr. He had become an elder two night before, and decided to stay home from work to care for his toddler. As he sat down to breakfast his servo CiCi shorted out, and began to run amok. She shocked him as he was about to tuck into some scrambled eggs and bacon. He tried to power her down several times, but she kept shocking him. It was not a pretty death.

Joe leaves behind his wife Aiyana (née Platz); his young daughter Aimee; and two sons (by a previous relationship with Sandy Bruty), Jack and Joseph, who are on the Dean's List at Sim State University.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7877 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 4:35 PM
In order to make myself feel better about failing miserably with quads I went to play a household with triplets. Unfortunately my 'system' only works when all adults are able to stay home and the Harris household is very broke right now so they couldn't afford to. The only time someone did that was if their working schedules made it so no one was home with the kids because they definitely can't afford a babysitter. Genevi was the unfortunate one who had to stay home since her job pays the lowest. Her mother Adell makes the most so they pretty much rely on her

I was so caught up with the toddlers that I didn't make a party for Ian's birthday. I wasn't even able to make time for Ian to spend time with his son Ryan. Ryan is his son from his marriage to Alissa and was over for the weekend. Poor Ryan had a terrible time at his dads. They don't have any toys or xbox for him to play with. The only decent thing they had was a dartboard but it glitched so I had to delete it and of course they couldn't afford another one. All he did was watch TV but its pretty hard to hear with three toddlers crying. Lucky for him he will age into a teenager next time I play him so I'm sure he wont want to spend the weekend at his dad's anymore.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7878 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 3:18 AM
Thought I better come back with an update on my UNi love triangle.

I had 3 days left of his rotation to see what would happen.

Day one: Not a lot happened. He had a want to call Rachel so I had him do that and a want to be best friends with Grace so he invited her over and they achieved that. Neither did any flirting. Trouble with Grace is if left alone she chooses to go read a book.

"Did you know that In Japan, letting a sumo wrestler make your baby cry is considered good luck."
Grace! Get your head out of that book!
left up to him the most fun thing to do when your friend/love interest is over is...

Clean the flipping shower! 10 neat and 10 nice. He cleaned the whole row of showers.

Day 2.
Invited Grace over again and rang Rachel. He likes to call Rachel every day just to chat.
They are out there doing what they do- which is playing catch-a lot.

"Hey guys"
There are only about 8 students total so it's a given everyone will walk by the dorms.

I had him greet Rachel and removed the hearts at this point and waited for Grace to do her thing-go inside and stick her nose in another book. I installed No instant love before doing this.

Deep breath and told him to go and caress Rachel...

Nothing! Not a cracker of anything except the same friendship level. *sigh of relief* It's what I thought would happen, but you never know right. To me Rachel sees him as a good friend and nothing more and I think he is just a desperate family sim (if you have ever played a bachelor challenge you know it's the family sims you have to watch not the romance sims)

Day 3

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7879 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 4:56 AM
To Penny and Dick Caliente-Weiss, a son. Brown skin, black hair, green eyes. Penny of course named him Skye, after his late grandfather, who still comes around to make the beds.

Unfortunately, Dick brought the flu home from work on the first day of the pregnancy, so he spent the entire six months locked in a bedroom, with makeshift bathing and toilet facilities, reading and eating comfort soup (I gave Penny a Family secondary so she could make it) that was passed to him without any sim contact. Penny missed him a lot, though she had Bud and Dick's brother Nick to help keep the house and her motives in order. He reinfected as fast as he could eat soup. I was very annoyed, because I didn't want to invite anyone over while he was locked in the bedroom. Nick not only saw the baby first, he provided the first feeding and the first diaper change!

I did, however, play an aging off day at Rhett Hart's so he could invite Penny and his boy Bud over (Nick stayed home to look after Dick.) during her third trimester. Rhett seemed genuinely happy for her, though he would have been happier if I'd let him fall back in love with her. Rhett set up the next babymama (though he swears he's done with all that) by taking Antonia Monty out. They both rolled engagement wants early in the evening, and hers came back after a change of venue, but his didn't. Montys have too much baggage!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#7880 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 5:54 AM
The Newson family found that life was not going to be easy in the trailer once belonging to the Brokes...and neither was just staying alive. Ginger was so tired from dealing with the toddlers' baths and breakfast that she let Gavin go to school again while she tried to get some sleep and then went to work redoing the trailer. Dustin's old room became her and Gabriella's room, with the pinball machine gone and matching beds, while the master bedroom was converted into a room for the boys. The toddlers could stay in the living room for a while, especially since the dog basket was replaced with a much nicer basket made for toddlers. Ginger was upset when she couldn't even get a job as a street hawker due to her failing grades, and resolved to stop going to school entirely. According to Gavin, nobody noticed her absence, and she figured she had a better chance of college by trying to keep up at home enough to pass the GED. (Or whatever the Sim-version of it would be -- she was so pathetic with her F grades and earnest desire to go to college that she's been switched to the Simlogical flexi-school and will be working on the homework from there when she has the time. If she has the time!)

It wasn't even dark when the first of the ghosts arrived. As Gavin and Gallager ate ice cream and decided that dinner didn't matter, a thunderstorm started. Just as it got dark, a stroke of lightning agitated the spirit of Dustin Broke, who was not happy about the new residents or the changes. He tried to warn the children off of this terrible place, but only succeeded in frightening Gabriella to tears and Gallager into wetting himself when they noticed him. Then Brandi's battered ghost came to join her son, and she was even more frightening. Everyone but Ginger was convinced the trailer was haunted by this time, the toddlers were screaming, the television and radio kept turning on even though Ginger had forbidden using either while the toddlers were trying to sleep, and even Ginger was sure she had caught a glimpse of the microwave floating for a second. Then Gavin collapsed, struck down by a scare from Brandi, who was too tormented by her horrible death to not go too far in trying to scare off the living. Rather than being scared off, Gavin became yet another victim of the cascading tragedies that had occurred in this home, yet another spirit now trapped in it. Ginger couldn't get past her hysterical siblings in time to save him, and to add insult to injury, Georgia went into screaming aspiration failure due to the his death. Horrified, Ginger tried to figure out how to stop this epic lack of self-sufficiency from making social services force the remaining kids apart, and decided that she had to hide Gavin's death, and thus his body. Somehow... (This is totally not going to end well.)

~

In Strangetown, Mary Gavigan was longing for another child. Since Nathan hadn't found a job he wanted yet and was actually making a decent amount of money doing freelance financial consulting, they had ample opportunity to try for baby...though they maybe should have ensured that not only Isaiah, but his friend-over-for-breakfast Gabriella Newson had left the house before doing so in the kitchen. Gabriella saw them and left in a hurry while making faces of disgust, but they didn't notice. Nathan wanted to throw a party, and did so, inviting over Lakshmi Terril and a townie man he knew. Mary thought they had enough time to TFB once more before the guests arrived. They didn't, and so their second child was conceived with a Tricou descendant happily cheering them on as they were too lost in each other to realize her intrusion until after the fact. Wonderful party, though!

After a pleasant early dinner of comfort soup, Isaiah went to bed early while his parents watched the new TV in their room, decided to adopt a Dalmatian named Zoe, and then slow-danced together. This led to Isaiah waking up at 10 PM and inviting over Gabriella again. Of course she left as soon as she got there, but they got to see each other in secret, late at night...well, not so secret. Gabriella had gotten a lift from a helpful witch who'd been flying to Strangetown anyway. Lucy Burb was looking for her missing cousin, and thought she might as well ask the locals if they'd seen Lilith. Isaiah hadn't even known about Lilith living there, but volunteered that, "Mr Smith next door's daughter-in-law's aunt owns that house, and everyone's scared silly of her." Then it started raining, which was Isaiah's cue to throw a water balloon at Lucy. She was game for a water fight in the pouring rain, and relished the freedom of travel being a witch gave her.

~

At the Smith house, Jill got well from not only her mysterious illness, but a case of flu -- and almost as soon as she got up, without getting a chance to infect anyone else in the house. That's what comes of a brother and father who respond to trauma by serving two batches of comfort soup for breakfast, to be gladly gobbled by family, boarder, and cat alike!

Jenny found an error in a surgical procedure at work and got promoted to resident for catching it. In celebration, she adopted a male kitten she named Jupiter, and along with Johnny, decided to make for some happiness by giving Jasper a birthday party. Lazlo and Lola came, Lazlo bursting to tell everyone about his abduction and Lola glad to have a topic of conversation that distracted her father from her prospects for getting engaged and giving him grandchildren. After the mess between Chloe and Paris, she didn't think the whole commitment-and-kids thing was a good idea...

Jasper grew up looking eerie but adorable, with his alien parentage showing strongly in tiny mouth and sunken cheeks. He was left to be played with by his siblings while his parents went to bed early -- for some fun before sleep, and in the case of PT#9, instead of sleep. PT#9 proved he was able to embarrass the whole family by wandering out in his heart-print undies to cheer on Lazlo and Jill's game of SSX. He did scoop Jasper up and take him to try out his new potty, then cuddled him and started on teaching him to talk. Johnny made more comfort soup (is he addicted to autonomously making it?), went for a swim, and discovered his favourite hobby is music (unsurprising, with his time with the band).

~

Unable to afford a community lot to start his bookselling business, Buck Grunt started the flagship Buck's Books in a scrap-metal shed he constructed on the home lot. Buzz wouldn't be happy, but Buck had stayed home from school just to avoid him, and thought making some money might sweeten his father's view of the stand. He threw a party to celebrate the opening of the shop, inviting both his brothers and their significant others -- and Klara Vonderstein, who while obnoxious, did buy a copy of each book for sale. Tank and Blossom only had eyes for each other, and to Buck's surprise, he found his sister-in-law quite attractive. Jill thought the stand was a great idea when she got home from school, and so did Gordon Nott, who she'd brought back with her. With Buck distracted by the stand, Jill invited Tessa Ramirez over for a date. It was cut off by Buck getting tired and closing the business, which was probably a good thing; Jill was flirting with danger by going outside to tenderly kiss Buck while Tessa was in the bathroom, then flirting with Tessa inside when Buck went back to the cash register.

Buzz won the election for city council, which means next to nothing but fed his ambitious mind well. He caught Jill and Buck kissing in the upstairs bathroom after working together to give Baron a bath (Jill bathing the dog, Buck cleaning up the resulting puddles), and while he was relieved to see Buck was with someone he approved of, this made him decide to take Jill rather than Buck on the junket to Twikkii Island he was packing for. (As soon as he came home with the promotion, he wanted a tropical vacation!) The girl needed guidance from someone who knew men and their vices, and he felt he was well-qualified to warn her about why she should be guarded around even his son. No, especially his son. He also asked Denise Jacquet to come, which should offset having to go together with fellow council-member Abhijeet Deppiesse (I figured Buzz needs an annoying colleague to make a nuisance of himself on this probably-not-a-good-idea trip). Off they went, leaving Buck to look after Baron. The whole party checked into the Double Palm Resort, and there I saved. Buzz barely tolerated the idea of Buck selling books, but the plane fare was paid by those books...
Lab Assistant
#7881 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 7:10 AM
In Widespot:

It's Lover's Day!

And it couldn't be less filled with lovers.

Penny Weiss opted for a bubble bath rather than calling her loosely committed beau and father of her soon-to-be child. She shares no bolts with Rhett, and instead has two bolts for good friend Junior Mann, who is also currently expecting, with BFF Candy (though no romance seems to be in the cards for those two), though he is fiercely in love with the quiet and kind Mary Land, a close friend of Penny's. So Penny doesn't meddle, and instead appreciates her friendship, even though Mary has yet to act upon her feelings for Junior (3 bolts-soulmates here!), and is instead trying to make things work with her baby daddy-once upon a time legend (old. very old.) Valentine Hart, who doesn't seem to have interest in remarrying. Penny has family to worry about instead. What with Woody fast approaching college age, and herself possibly considering moving out after the baby-with or without Rhett, who knows-and with the new highway under way, Wide Spot will soon be connected to the bustling city of Tumbleton, and opportunity is to be had for ambitious knowledge-inclined minds like Penny. Skye Weiss, on the other hand, seems to have receded further from the community.

He did, after all, put up a new fence. Around the entire property.

Those neighbors are still too close, you know.

He's always been a bachelor, but now Penny wonders if that's a good thing. Woody doesn't seem to think it's a big deal. It's "just Dad."

Over at the Harts, Valentine is entertaining his only son's current and newest goal in life: opening a nightclub in Wide Spot. With his sister Candy alongside him, Rhett is determined to be open for business, and soon. Candy has a more artsy LTW, and the nightclub will double as a place for not only dance. but modern art. But it's not just the opening of the nightclub that's drawing nearer. The baby will soon be born. She and Junior are not quite sure what to do. Candy has heard of a new up and coming children's home opening in Tumbleton. She is considering adoption. For now, she focues on the nightclub with her brother.

Rhett is also bouncing off ideas with the politician's wife, and the mayor's daughter in law: Sandy Beech. Who he may or may not be woohooing the side.

Sandy is not only married, but a good friend of Penny Weiss, Rhett's "loosely committed" maybe or maybe not girlfriend, who is also expecting his child. While Penny doesn't seem in too much of a hurry to establish things romantically, there are things she simply will not tolerate.

Rhett was in for a surprise when Sandy invited him over her place for the day (everyone was either at work or school) and Penny tagged along. Sandy greeted her warmly, as if it was nothing out of the ordinary, but Rhett lost his nerve and kept walking. He had to be teleported back to the lot. I was curious if any drama would ensue, but the two kept it in their pants with Penny around, and instead they all played chess (Rhett and Sandy share 1 bolt), Sandy made lunch, and everyone chatted amiably. That is, until the rest of the Beech family arrived, and Daytona found that rascal Rhett eating at her dinner table! She can't PROVE anything's going on between her daughter in law and this lazy rich boy, but she has a few inklings. Her son Hamilton is none the wiser, so engulfed in work is he. After dutifully annoying Rhett, lecturing Sandy, and spending time with Virginia and Rocky, Dayton went to bed early.

No one else seemed to notice Hamilton had been playing outside in the rain for literally hours, and most of the household had gone to bed before he wandered back inside.

I also downloaded the Genderswapped Uberhood! I changed some names.

Got right into playing the Capps.

Cornelia is furious and displeased that her new home should also be occupied by her sister in law, Kennedy. That washed-up fool who hasn't amounted to anything yet and is likely to suck them dry for all the work she ever does. None. Her husband Reagan is really too kind and doting on his sister, and wouldn't hear a word of Cornelia's complaining. They later argued about it, after Reagan lectured her for cornering Kennedy. The fight didn't last long, and Reagan soon jumped into Cornelia's arms and later went to speak with his sister. Gently, of course. Kennedy has conflicting ideas about what she wants to do with her life, but now that she's committed to moving out of their mother's, she really must do something. She has wants for the medicine and science careers.

Kennedy sought refuge at the bars after her talk with Reagan, where she sought out pretty women.

Well.

One pretty woman.

Ivy Copur was lovely, but Kennedy could never catch her eye. Instead she was talked to death by another townie, Ricki who's last name I cannot remember. Ricki was constantly getting in the way of Kennedy's attempt to speak to Ivy, or Ivy was simply too busy doing something else to notice Kennedy's constant tries for subtle eye contact. So Kennedy just stood there, being chuckled at and talked to by Ricki, while staring at Ivy, who sipped at her drink obliviously.

Ivy soon left, and Kennedy was left with Ricki, who was glad for the company, at least.
Mad Poster
#7882 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 3:59 PM
I built a lot which I intend for upload and made a Sim called Barry Burns to be my test subject. Stashing the house all on its own in a new hood, Barry moved in. I made him a knowledge Sim and he wants to max all skills, which makes a perfect test subject in my opinion. So I started testing the lot. Oh, it worked. By the time I left Barry, he had written a great novel, had two dream dates, built three snowmen, went hiking twice and had a bronze fishing badge, had made nine friends and was getting on good terms with the leader of the pack (which is good, since Barry Burns wants to be a werewolf). I have a feeling that Barry Burns and I might just keep on spending more time together than I have ever planned!
Top Secret Researcher
#7883 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 5:30 PM
Thomas and Ellen are happy now that their son Anson is back from college. Thomas' sister Ashley and her husband David moved out in order to give Anson his room back. Ashley and David were only living there temporarily until David's family found a bigger home to move into. (Don't worry Ashley and David pitched in money too) There was no way Ashley was going to live in a tiny 3 bedroom home with his entire family! But she is a Robinson now so she'll have put aside some her Landgraab requirements

Anson is engaged to a woman named Erin but lately has been having second thoughts about her. He has a long history with his ex Jasmine and was debating if maybe she was the one for him after all. Their history isn't exactly your typical cookie cutter romance story though, they were each others' first love as teenagers but Jasmine didn't take it too seriously and would date other people on the side. Anson eventually broke up with her once he found out and they eventually started a casual hook-up relationship during college; again nothing serious. Jasmine eventually fell pregnant but gave the baby up for adoption because there was no way she could take care of a baby at the time. This was around the time when Anson moved on and started dating Erin. Not too long before graduation Anson and Jasmine drunkenly hooked up at one of their frat parties and that made Anson rethink everything over. But after a lot of consideration, I figured that Jasmine is just toxic and he deserves better!

The Robinson family moved into a more spacious home for their expanding family. Joshua left for college right before they moved so he was really sad realizing he wasn't going to come back to his family home again. The Robinsons lived there for 3 generations but they've outgrown it now. After moving and decorating everything in their new home, I realized I'll have to make some changes again soon because Ashley and David are expecting a baby! :lovestruc Unless Sakura goes to college early or Blossom and Damien die of old age soon I'm gonna have to 'knock down' some walls and renovate the house a bit. Luckily their lot is big so expanding the house won't be a problem.

Jasmine Williams is back at home after having an 'interesting' time in college. You know, if you consider having three pregnancies interesting. She definitely put fun on the top of her college requirements list. She miscarried twice, gave a baby up for adoption, lost her sports scholarship, eventually got fired from her job, was sleeping around a lot and was just a big mess overall. She realized what a mess she was after graduation and decided she was going to turn things around and be a changed woman. (I think all of this stems from her father's death ) She got a temporary job as an EMT and is almost done with her masters degree in political science. Her brother Collin left to Sim State right as she returned. Although he doesn't need to go to college for his dream career he knows he should have a back-up plan in case things don't go through. He also has a sports scholarship but he doesn't plan on messing that up like his sister did. (Lucky for him he can't get pregnant) Unlike his sister he has a good head on his shoulders and even moved into the Troak Dormitory so he can save up some money while he stays there. The Troak Dormitory is funded by the government for really low income students. Granted its the crappiest dorm on campus with just the bare minimum but what can you do?! Once he has a good chunk saved up he can afford to move into the regular dorms.
Scholar
#7884 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 7:19 PM
Vidcund Curious arose from his coffin shortly after noon to find newly-adult Java wanting a hug. The cat had been bored by Lazlo being tired out from his trip to space, and while the maid had given him a hug, he wanted interaction with the family! Lazlo had been busy bathing Moody before the dog had to go to work and Lazlo to bed, so no amusement was available on that front either. Vidcund might be chilly, but he was at least affectionate.

Remington Harris found Vidcund less affectionate, as the vampire considered the cleaner to also be meal delivery. He certainly wasn't going to feed off of his brother in Lazlo's current condition! Lazlo, attempting to make a cute piece of edible art out of mock ground meat and carrots for Sirius's arrival home, wished he was a vampire too. The smell of the food he was cooking made him have to run to the toilet and throw up, leading to him burning the burgers. Why couldn't Vidcund have retrieved them instead of settling down with a cookbook to improve his theoretical cooking knowledge, Lazlo wondered?

Sirius was pleased by the food when he got home, burnt or not. He had gotten only a D+ at school and would rather go jump rope as soon as it got dark than do his homework, but Java stepped into the breach. I wonder how "The cat ate my homework!" will go over with his teachers? Vidcund was furious at the lost learning opportunity, and made sure Java got a scratching post at once. To Sirius' disappointment, Java happily took to scratching it as soon as it arrived.

After Sirius went to bed, Lazlo asked Vidcund to give him the gift of being a vampire. They had odd enough schedules already, and he didn't feel like bearing a child as a human. Vidcund happily agreed, and both brothers were happily in platinum by the time Sirius woke up and made a comment on Lazlo's changed appearance while finding himself leftover sandwiches for an early breakfast. Vidcund had also aquired quite a taste for cuisine while reading all those cookbooks, and so the paperboy was joined by the sneaking matcmaker that morning as I was about to save. I gave them both time to do their business and clear out, which means that the Curious boys are the first Sims in my game to have a genie lamp!.

~

They just might have a need for it due to what happened at the Beaker house. Nope, not Jim Subject finally growing up into an not-that-bad-looking child in the morning. Nor did it have to do with Circe's decision to make what had once been her and Loki's bedroom into a music room with a piano for her beloved girls when they were old enough (a piano which Jim swooped upon at once and played for over four hours).

To start at the beginning, Pascal was able to get Circe -- who was in a good mood due to having just taught Demeter to walk -- to realize that continuing her habit of using Nervous as a food supply was going to shortly kill him. Looking at Nervous' pale face as he lay in bed, Circe decided that losing a meal was less of a loss than losing a properly programmed and full-grown slave. However, she couldn't trust herself or Loki not to keep feeding off of a human, and she had no desire to nurse him back to health before he could be useful. With Pascal at work, she turned Nervous into a vampire, something that caused confusion on his part as he both wanted and feared it. Loki was disgruntled to discover that they were now expected to try to satisfy themselves on blood-substitutes, and eyed Kaylynn Langerak greedily whenever the maid came into his sight. Circe was not pleased with that, and told him that the woman was seeing too much cleaning this house already, and would cause them trouble if they hurt her.

Demeter felt neglected by the adults due to Nervous now no longer being human and Hera still needing fussing over. Thankfully, the younger of the sisters was asleep at six PM, so there weren't two growing-ups happening at once. Demeter has somewhat grown into her nose and eyebrows, though she still looks a lot like her father. She went to eat leftover grilled cheese from all the stuff Pascal had been making, while Nervous, tired out, climbed into the coffin Circe had helpfully placed for him in the music room. (See what she did there? Have to keep the slave in line, even as a vampire.) He was just climbing into the coffin when his aspiration crashed. Huh? What happened?!?

What happened was that Pascal had returned from work to be mobbed by his son and the cats. Dusk sunlight was still a bit too much for him, he was hungry, and from the way it looked by the pile of ashes on the sidewalk, he had burnt up due to distracting little ones preventing him from getting into the house. I was too busy dealing with Demeter growing up and getting her fed (she'd had two hunger warnings already due to falling asleep on the floor as a toddler and then being unable to drink from the bottle Nervous got for her because she was growing up) and getting Nervous to his coffin before he passed out on the floor and blocked the stairs to notice what was going on until it was too late, and so was everyone who maybe could have saved him. (Though that would have been risky, involving going so far outside.) Nervous feared his death, so he spent his slumbers in a total breakdown, while Jim wanted to bring Daddy Pascal back (good, since it's partly his fault) and the Beaker adults wanted to make a zombie of him (which Nervous is afraid of).

Just after Hera grew up into a toddler with eyebrows that at least are not as bad as her sister's, Grimalkin ruined some supercomputers in a bizarre incident involving womrats and allergies, getting fired. He hadn't gotten his chow break yet, and the cats had been eating all the food intended for both them and him at home, so he was famished when he got home early and dejected. Demeter took a break from gobbling leftovers nobody else would eat anyway to call him to his now-refilled bowl, but just as he got there, animal control showed up. The security firm was being investigated for animal abuse, and having gladly dumped their dog into a job with that firm, the Beakers were being investigated too. Seeing how hungry Grimalkin was made Adam Howe decide that they weren't responsible to have any pets, and he threatened to send the social worker too when he saw how dirty Jim's face was and how much the children were expected to tend to their own needs. Circe was insulted, but decided that making the room Pascal and Nervous had used into a well-decorated children's bedroom would make her look like a better maternal figure. Demeter got to choose the colour scheme and theme, which meant that she was tucked into a pink princess bed while Jim tucked himself into the purple castle one next to her. He was too sheltered and young to be upset by this, and he and Demeter are actually friends who want to be best friends with each other. While she understands what Circe told her about Jim only being around to cater to her every need and desire, she desired to be friends with him. That means one of the things he's around for is to be her friend, right? They whispered between beds about the best way to make zombies (Nervous has a want to make Patrizio Monty a zombie that lasted so long it got locked as an obsession, and now there's Pascal -- and Loki wants to make Juliette Capp a zombie too!) while Nervous arose from his coffin in the music room to go entirely mad from grief as Loki mockingly told him that he'd found a pile of dust that smelled like Pascal out front. Loki found his hallucinations funny! Circe preferred working on her flower-arranging bench on the patio, as the tidy precision amused her. And then there was the creepy messages she was writing in the bouquets that could only be read from certain angles...what a wonderful way to drive people mad.
Lab Assistant
#7885 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 10:04 PM
I just concluded Lover's Day at the Weiss house.

Skye grumbled after looking at the calendar and spent his day setting up a bee farm, chicken coop, and small garden in the backyard. He added another fence after a nice breakfast of llama-o's with his children.

Woody spent his morning gaming and tinkering, then after an okay from Skye, called up a few friends for an afternoon out! Virginia Beech, Dixie and Scot Land soon arrived over. The teens all had a great time at the Swimming Hole. Woody attempted to flirt with Virginia, but also tried to work on his friendship with Dixie, which seemed a little distant. By the end of the day the two were friends again, and I'd forgotten how fun it was to send sims out together.

Penny was going about her business when Rhett stopped by in the evening. She went out to greet him, wondering if this was the part where, one of them anyway, asked the other on a date. So she asked first. Rhett happily agreed, and the two set off on a moonlit walk to the Makeout Spot. It was all fine and dandy at first, striking up decent conversation and settling comfortably around each other, when Sandy Beech walked by and insisted on saying hello. Penny was happy to see her friend, and Sandy and Rhett soon got to talking. It seemed Sandy was also out on a moonlit walk, though Hamilton had not yet arrived.

Virginia Beech snagged Penny's attention from the two, and while the teen caught up with her talked to her belly, Penny nearly missed Rhett swooping in for a kiss with Sandy! Since the trio's last spontaneous get together hadn't resulted in any sort of drama, I had kind of wondered if Sandy and Rhett would keep their distance again. Nope!

It appears I had forgotten to meddle with Penny's jealousy and One Sim in ACR (oddly, her one sim was Valentine Hart! Rhett's father?!). I paused and tried to remedy this, but it didn't work, as I feared (I had this happen once with Lana. She was set to a 2, not jealous unless she was engaged or something similar. So when she caught her husband cheating, she just stood there sipping her drink in her bathing suit like it was something vaguely interesting she would witness every once in a while. Even when I set her to the default maxis jealousy and the two were still at it, Lana didn't react until the two were done, and caught in the act again). So I missed my drama chance, I guess. Penny just watched, got a little annoyed by Virginia, and then it all snowballed from there. Penny wanted a shower, she was getting negative reactions from nearly everyone she tried to talk with, and when Rhett and Sandy were done fondling, I had her argue with him since the jealousy wasn't able to work in time, then, for effect, she ended the date with a joy buzzer prank.

Humiliated, Rhett suggested that maybe dating each other wasn't such a good idea after this. Penny agreed and the two parted ways. Before she left, Hamilton Beech finally arrived to smooch his wife for Lover's Day.

Penny will deal with Sandy later.
Mad Poster
#7886 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 3:12 AM
I'm on holiday right now so I shouldnt be simming, buuut I have nothing to do today so I decided to blow through where I left off in DV, River blossom hills and now I'm finishing up Veronaville.

Turns out I messed up with ages. It wasn't just Alexander Goth who was suppose to start his freshman year this semester, it was also Hal Capp and Bottom Summer dream. So I had to quickly arrange that, but it's fine now. Nothing interesting has happened today. I always say you can't play sims properly when you're not immersed into it, and today I wasn't really. I had a nice time in one of the Monty households though, Antonio enjoyed his first day living with his new fiancé Jennifer Burb, and the twins went off to uni together in the afternoon leaving the beautiful house to the two of them. I'm thinking of letting them have a child together.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#7887 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 3:28 AM
This rotation hasn't been shaping up to be too eventful in general. The big occurrence was when, for the first time ever, one of my sims in a "dangerous" career hit the 5% odds of dying (I kill them when they get home). I added this rule to shake things up a little for sims in career tracks like military, law enforcement, criminal, adventurer, and science. I wrote down five numbers out of 100 which are the death numbers if the random number generator picks them. I only run the number generator if the sim has already had at least one child though or their spouse is pregnant. Well, the 5% chance couldn't have come through for a more deserving sim! Loki Beaker rolled the wrong number, and now he's gone, leaving behind Circe and an unborn baby. It was interesting to me that Circe didn't cry, but instead got angry and looked as though she was ranting at thin air. I didn't know that was an interaction some sims have, but it fit her character.

The other shocker was at the Patel house. Poor Ana was suffering through a really horrible second pregnancy. She basically spent all her time back and forth between the bed and the dinner table to try to catch a bite of food before she fell asleep over her plate. I was terrified she would die of starvation. Finally, Ana gave birth... to triplets!! Now big sister Parvati has two little sisters and one little brother. I gave them all P names, haha: Padma, Pia, and Pari. Padma was always the plan for a girl baby, but I wasn't expecting so many others! Ramir and Ana will have their hands full with one toddler and three babies- it's really good they just moved out of their apartment into a bigger house. If they hadn't moved before they sure would be moving now! And to make the situation more unfortunate, Ramir actually cheated on Ana earlier in the rotation with his coworker Daytona Beech (of Widespot). Luckily for Ramir, Daytona's an elder, so that means no potential oops babies to give him even more to take care of! But if Ana finds out, she'll be devastated. If Ramir keeps up the bad behavior, I may have to let Ana find out so she can move on and find someone better!
Forum Resident
#7888 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 7:31 AM
Curious Brothers: The brothers all agreed to dedicate their life to science and the study of aliens. This meant they each had to be abducted. Lazlo didn't really like this plan and tried to get around it by adopting Bella's abduction child Mercury (the one that caused her and Buzz to break up). Pascal had Neptune. Vidcund ended up with twins Galaxy and Comet. The issue for the brothers was that Vidcund's twins were from the same aliens as Lazlo's adopted child. The brothers knew there were other aliens out there and pressured Lazlo to stargaze every night. Eventually, he got abducted by a new group of aliens. He also had twins (Azul and Azula). As for their personal lives, Pascal had a crush on Bella and wanted her to be his first. Unfortunately, when Neptune became a toddler, she couldn't hide how ugly (and stinky) she thought he was. Pascal, insulted, stormed off to bed. The baby was actually kind of cute. After Pascal went to bed, Lazlo started flirting with her. She was never really interested before, but he was actually kind of handsome now that he had lost the weight and grew out his hair. The ended up in bed together and Pascal was done with her forever after that.

So the brothers had various affairs with different women they brought home, but never married anyone. Cristal Vu, Jessica Ebadi, and Marie Hamilton were favorites. When Pascal was nearing elderhood, he demanded that they get a family portrait. Lazlo was still pregnant at this point so he is hiding in the back.

Field Researcher
#7889 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 7:18 PM
My sim just got married and he is constantly rolling wants to fall in love with his girlfriend from his teenage days
I don't know why, but it makes me so-so sad.

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Top Secret Researcher
#7890 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 9:59 PM
A couple of families were victims of the Sim god's recent cull. There were four brothers and two sisters who were all married (thanks to their mother's LTW). The girls were safe with their husbands and one baby girl each. Sadly one of the eldest brothers and his wife were killed off, leaving their young boy an orphan. Luckily a brother was staying with them and adopted the child. His wife also died, leaving him alone with his own young daughter, then his youngest brother died, leaving his widow alone and pregnant. Now he and his sis-in-law live together with three toddlers. It hasn't been easy. They've just decided to make the partnership official.
Inventor
#7891 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 7:09 PM
I had a purge in the university. All ugly or boring students suddenly decided to drop out. Some took apartments in Desiderata Valley, and some took the cheapest bungalows in Downtown. Boring Gwen Bradshaw had her bungalow all decorated in pink and roses; ugly Ty Bubbler went into an unmodified Maxis bungalow, to see how he'd get on. Well, it was awful, a real eyesore, painful to play. I meant to dump them both.

Then Ty met Gwen next door, and two lightning bolts flashed up. Ty is really lazy - only one Active point. Gwen is really outgoing - ten points, and she will rip off her clothes for any public hot tub. Thing is, Ty's LTW is 'Reach Golden Anniversary', and his hobby is cuisine. Gwen's LTW is 'Become Rock God'. No wonder they hit it off! Lazy Ty is the perfect house husband, reading cookery books on the sofa, and wooing odd females while Gwen is at work. When Gwen comes home, she finds dinner waiting, and a choice of friends.

To my surprise, these sims that were too boring to play through college now have me engrossed in their lives.
Instructor
#7892 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 8:24 PM
I'm sweet on Ty Bubbler. Once when he was coming home from class, and his hunger motive was low, I placed a small table for him at the edge of the lot, with a piece of cake on it, so he wouldn't starve to death on his way to the refridgerator.
Inventor
#7893 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fruitsymphony
I'm sweet on Ty Bubbler. Once when he was coming home from class, and his hunger motive was low, I placed a small table for him at the edge of the lot, with a piece of cake on it, so he wouldn't starve to death on his way to the refridgerator.

That sounds like love to me. What do you see in him? It can't be his face.
Instructor
#7894 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist

I actually think Ty has an interesting face, which is good

But in my game I'm fond of Ty because of how he's acted and his developing relationship with Ashley Pitts. I usually hate Ashley, but due to ACR's randomized gender preference he ended up gay this time around, and somehow ended up much more tolerable than he usually is as a mean womanizer. He rolled a lot of skilling wants, so he got a Knowledge secondary aspiration, and then he started dating Ty and the two are absolutely adorable together! Neither of them has shown an interest in anybody else, which is great (and unexpected for Ashley). Ty is just so friendly and always wants to talk to everyone. I think him and Ashley complement each other perfectly. I can't wait till they get married and have kids! (I love my same sex pregnancy mod, I really don't care how unrealistic it is- if male sims can have alien babies then there must be some weird science in the sim world that can get two men or two women to have a baby together!)
Instructor
#7895 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 9:26 PM
Ty and Gunnar are both good looking in my opinion. Gunnar used to be a crossdresser and he looked "smashing" in his Brandon's revenge-outfit and failed makeover with smeared lipstick like Robert Smith, unfortunately he is an Elder now. It's very difficult to find good outfits for the EM category.
Scholar
#7896 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 10:00 PM
At Strangetown Medical Centre, the Tinkers were happy and oblivious to the unhappiness of others -- they were together, to smooch and dance until scolded for overexerting themselves and each other and shooed back to separate rooms. Poor Ophelia Nigmos Smith tried to hide her tears behind a book as she read in bed -- this was what she'd wanted in life, and it felt like it was gone forever.

Don Lothario Goth surprised me by behaving in an honourable and downright kind way. Maybe he has ulterior motives for wanting to befriend Ophelia, but he didn't show them; instead, he served her Jason's comfort soup, talked with her, and when she was feeling better, joked around and suggested a gentle game of kicky bag. Jason, pleased by his friend showing more than his cynical skirt-chaser side, managed to keep Herb Oldie satisfied with his job as cashier, sold a few odd items, and gave Buck Grunt his book when he found out about Buck's idea of starting a bookseller's stand. Might as well support a young local entrepreneur, right?

The Tinkers' happiness was dented, but not shattered, when Baroness Lupina arrived with their son. Lupina had guessed they had not been party to Melody's surrendering Leon to her care, and came to clear things up. Wanda was reassured by Lupina's appearing understanding and willing to look after Leon until matters were straightened out, then send him back to his family; Stephen freaked out, tried to call Melody, got hung up on, and did not improve his heart condition by his panic. Don and Jason stepped in, Jason especially annoyed by Melody's heartless and heedless behaviour. At least Wanda was happy to share lunch with Leon and make best friends with him.

~

At the Trailer Commune, Ty Bubbler started the day by showing up in an extremely obvious manner to kick over the trash can and steal the newspaper. For starters, I didn't know young adults could show up to express fury in that way. Then there's the fact he was still wearing his graduation gown form Ripp's graduation party, making him very conspicuous -- and he had little right to be furious, as he was the one who cheated on Jared Starchild at the Tri-Fruhm party. Yes, Jared slapped him, but that's not entirely unexpected in the circumstances, and this caper wasn't likely to improve matters. Brittany Upsnott and Jonah Powers saw him, as he was right in front of them -- Brittany was actually going to get the paper, while Jonah was fishing at the pond.

To his own surprise, Jonah realized he wanted Roxie's baby to be his as well. They agreed to go steady, but that didn't mean they didn't still have a very open relationship -- as Roxie was very tired often and their attempt at at date turned into a disaster after she wet herself due to other members of the commune hogging the bathrooms, Jonah did what he saw as the responsible thing and turned his hounding for WooHoo onto Jasmine Rai. Jasmine was not interested, still feeling the physical and mental pain of her miscarriage and thinking him lazy for refusing to even think that he should do more work than catch an occasional fish.

Brittany, despite having been the one to run out on Castor Nova, was obsessed with having a wonderful wedding party. Since no playable men she knew seemed at all interested in her, she invited over and proceeded to seduce a townie whose name I neglected to write down. I thought I'd remember it, but I guess it was less memorable than I thought... Her seduction succeed to the point of WooHoo in the Love Tub, leaving her well pleased and sure she'd be the first of the residents to marry. (He is good-looking, and while I'm generally against randomly marrying townies, Brittany is obsessed with matrimony and does deserve someone uncomplicated and out of the tangle of romantic relationships most of her peers are in.)

Jared greeted news of the newspaper theft and trash-kicking with resignation, and proceeded to collect and compost the scattered trash. While doing so, he realized that despite the cheating, Ty was the man he wanted to have his golden anniversary with, so he should have his betrothed over and make nice with him. Ty did come over, bringing Sam Thomas, and he and Jared got on better terms over a horror movie and cupcakes. They both knew Ripp was a party fling, and they both agreed that they were the ones made for each other. Jared even showed some initiative by buying an old car so there would be some reliable transportation...and another WooHoo spot. After that, he wasn't even too unhappy to spend the evening cleaning the whole multi-level place after being influenced to do so by Brittany.

And Tiffany Sampson? She was the one who baked the cupcakes, grilled fish, and went around turning off all the appliances others left on and retrieving burnt food before it could cause fires. Oh, and feeding Benny and chasing off a wolf who threatened the puppy. She was entirely unappreciated, and mostly unnoticed.
Scholar
#7897 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 10:07 PM
A few days ago I found the Forcith(?) Place in the Lot bin. I decided to check it out since it looked kind of cool. And check it out I did. I was all glamorous because glamour SP. Then I had an idea. Why not build my own fancy neighbourhood?

"Mighty Lake is a town with great views of the Mighty Lake, in which the town took its name. First settled by the Lakewoods and the Coltons, two powerful but different families, a rivalry grew over time. Two great families, two different cultures; each family sides with one or the other. There is no in between."

So far I have: built about 6 houses, a block of flats, a community lot called Might Fine Dining Experience. I've strategically placed a few other random community lots from the bin because I'm lazy. I've added a bunch of the really tall pointy trees (not good with naming actual things here). As I have been reading the Artemis Fowl series :lovestruc: another idea came: why not build my own fancy house/mansion/manor, like the one from the lot bin? I'm super proud of this house because my Sims 2 building skills are...limited I even added stuff to the garden other than the tall pointy trees I mentioned before! There are flowers, shrubs, little pretty trees, lights! After finishing the house I was pretty surprised that Lakewood Manor would cost over 225K Simoleans! I took some pictures. I'll try and stick them here next time I'm on the computer I also created the Lakewood family. There are five members (I forget their names) Grandma from the Mum's side, Mum, Dad, Older Sister, and Artemis (the evil, scheming, genius, child).

For once I'm going to really try and make it meet my imagination
Mad Poster
#7898 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist

What are you talking about? Ty is a total cutie-patootie! I liked him so much I cloned him twice.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#7899 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:27 AM
New and unexpected couple of the day: Titania Summerdream (no longer with Oberon since she caught him cheating on her) and Chester Gieke! I'll admit, that wasn't one I was planning for. I'll have to see if it lasts. If it does, they'll have to get a move on because Titania wants to have 10 children, haha!

Another weird occurrence was newly aged up to teen Lucy Burb going after her cousin Angela's boyfriend, Dustin Broke. I have a feeling Dustin and Angela won't last as a couple this time around because they've shown to little to no interest in seeing each other. Angela has been busy, kissing at least three other sims, including Justin Cleveland, Benedick Monty, and Gavin Newson. Her and Gavin are three bolters and she seems more invested in him than her boyfriend. I've decided Angela has a weird complex where she only falls in love with people she thinks need "help." I mean, Dustin's family is in pretty bad poverty, and Gavin (who lives in my orphanage) is just about the only male teen in the megahood in worse circumstances. Even Rick Contrary, who became a runaway last rotation, has a good family to come home to and parents who still love him. Dustin had been pretty faithful to Angela though (or at least too busy working and taking care of his family to date around) but Lucy aged up with the fortune aspiration, met Dustin at a party, and quickly sought him out for her first kiss.

I don't think Lilith and Dirk are going to work out this time either. They've got decent chemistry, but there are a bunch of female teens who are into Dirk and when Lilith goes to college at the end of the rotation Dirk will be left with them for a few days before he goes to college. I think that Violet Jocque (who kissed Dirk once despite being best friends with Lilith), Melody Tinker, Goldie Hart (of Widespot), and Jules O'Mackey all have Dirk as their "One" under ACR settings. Dirk and Jules are actually in love. I feel pretty bad for Lilith because her boyfriend is cheating on her (and even with a good friend), her mom got remarried and moved out with Angela but didn't bother to take her (so Lilith lives with her grandparents and cousins), Angela comes by almost daily to kick over the trash can, and somehow Lilith is the one who has a terrible reputation (she's one of the few sims who does, even my evil witches/warlocks don't have bad reputations!). I hope Lilith has a good time in college (and doesn't spend the whole time getting picked on by Angela).
Lab Assistant
#7900 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 3:57 AM
After her sister ran away Angela was super upset, afraid that she would never see her twin again. When she tried to call Dustin to get him to calm her down he would not aswer. She found a friend in her new made friend Alexander Goth as he was the only one who would talk to her about it without mentioning that the family was "better off". The next day Angela returned home from school to find Lillith was home and in bed with Dustin.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Post in v2 :)
Page 316 of 363