Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Duck Defender
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2011 at 12:10 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to "Turn Off" Vampires?
Don't get me wrong, I generally dig most of the stuff to come out in EP's and really enjoy most things 'vampire.'

I think I might just be a bigger fan of the nosferatu-esque sanguinary monsters more than I am of the "I can survive in the sunlight, run like I'm in twilight, and drink plasma martini's" type of vampire.

Am I alone in kind of wishing we could just "turn off" or remove vampires from the game completely?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st May 2011 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Redeemed Life
Am I alone in kind of wishing we could just "turn off" or remove vampires from the game completely?

Then go right ahead and do so.

Kill off all the existing ones in town, and then use Shimrod101's tuning mod to stop EA Story Progression from generating any more.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/424796

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 31st May 2011 at 12:31 AM
Is there a way to have no vampires while using your NRAAS mods? Because it says on the download that we shouldn't use it with your mods. I'm out of date with the NRAAS mods because I haven't been playing the game since I lost my computer so I don't know if you have your own option to lose the vampires.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st May 2011 at 12:41 AM
I have nraas story progression and I have vamps turned off and I haven't had an epidemic yet. But I don't play Bridgeport so there was never vamps in my hood to begin with. But like Twallan says, just kill off the offending vamps :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st May 2011 at 12:57 AM
I have NRAAS and I don't have vampires turned off. In my hood (Riverview) I just don't have any vampires except one that somehow snuck in there when I accidentally turned off the mod and I just haven't been bothered to change her back.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st May 2011 at 1:58 AM
Ugh, yes. LN vampires are pathetic vermin. Get lost!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 31st May 2011 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
Is there a way to have no vampires while using your NRAAS mods?

Absolutely. If you have StoryProgression mod, the default is to have no vampires. You would need to enable the immigration to receive any (or have the Vampires personality to spread the effect in your town).

I simply provide Shimrod101's mod as the simpler choice. Less bells and whistles, and more to the point.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:53 AM
I've a soft spot for Bram Stoker, World of Darkness, and the early Ann Rice vampires. But the vampires of NL are an abomination that should be exterminated with extreme prejudice... or a mod made to make them fall back into line where they belong.
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:05 AM
You can get rid of vampires by going to the science lab and buy a sort of drink

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
#10 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheWizard
I've a soft spot for Bram Stoker, World of Darkness, and the early Ann Rice vampires. But the vampires of NL are an abomination that should be exterminated with extreme prejudice... or a mod made to make them fall back into line where they belong.

Me too ... Lestat would take a very dim view of LN vamps and Lord knows what Claudia would do with them .. eat them for breakfast probably! I think Plasma fruit is worse than that habit Louis had of preferring rats to humans! lol!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:25 AM
The fact that they included vegetarian vampires says it all for me..

Go suck an elf...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st May 2011 at 12:10 PM
Vampires are sounding less and less appealing. Can they even feed off humans? Do they still burn in sunlight?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 31st May 2011 at 1:06 PM
What turns them off for me is that Sims can get vampireism without being turned by another Vamp. Vampireism is not an airborn disease. I'll prolly have a vamp in my hood but I'll control the vamp population stricktly.
Theorist
#14 Old 31st May 2011 at 2:59 PM
If there's any sort of 'turn off' feature in LN, I'd rather be able to "turn off" celebrities. I mean, okay, it's nice to be famous and get discounts, freebies and all, but I don't like having my celebrity Sims' action queues drop because of being 'taken pictures of' and 'asked for autograph'.

As for vampires, I only use them for faster skill-ups. Anyways, you can cure vampirism, so it's not really a problem.
Scholar
#15 Old 31st May 2011 at 3:53 PM
So, it's better to "turn off" paparazzis and fans...

Hey there! :)
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:10 PM
Damn right, it's so annoying that thanks to Twatlight, everything has to have the "Drag Queen Fairypires" as I call them, Vampires are not meant to sparkle, they're meant to kill you.
Theorist
#17 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Democrab
Damn right, it's so annoying that thanks to Twatlight, everything has to have the "Drag Queen Fairypires" as I call them, Vampires are not meant to sparkle, they're meant to kill you.

But the Vampires in Late Night don't sparkle in the sun. They burn, the way normal Vampires should (well they don't directly turn to ash, but still ._.)
Duck Defender
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Then go right ahead and do so.

Kill off all the existing ones in town, and then use Shimrod101's tuning mod to stop EA Story Progression from generating any more.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/424796

Oooh shiny! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:59 AM
Not 100% sure if it's in Sims 3 too since I haven't had vampires of my own turn them into one but seriously Offer to turn? I don't know what's worse, having to have a Sim love you in Sims 2 for vampires to turn them or Sims 3 Offer to turn? In my world Vampires do not ask permission. Can they be good or neutral? Sure but it might be me watching too much Buffy/Angel (Yes I come from the generation that when he thinks of vampires, it's Buffy/Angel, not Twilight).

But vampires in Sims 2/3, sheesh what were they thinking? I get it, teen rating but I am pretty sure Buffy was just rated M and I think even some thought it's a teen show, and they have vampires kidnapping young souls and sucking the blood out of them, either turning or killing them. Not one have ever gone "Hi Miss,l would you mind if I turn you into a vampire?)>

I still keep them in my game, but meh I agree they can be annoying. Guess everyone has a different mind of how vampires act and such.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 3:46 AM
The problem for me is that I like having a few vampires, but it seems like there's absolutely no middle ground. You either have a lot of them or none at all, neither of which being the preferable option. The same goes for celebs.