Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:04 PM
Default CTU won't let me save
Hi! I've been working on a new dress, and I'm using a 2048x2048 texture. Everytime I try to save my file CTU crashes, and I have to change the texture to 1024x1024 to save, else it won't work.
Is there a way to fix this? I can change the texture later using s3pe, but I'd like to know if it's possible to use CTU normally with high resolution textures.

Thanks! ^-^
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:16 PM
Don't know how to fix that, per se. Tried seeing if TSRW works with the images?

Also, I don't know what your original plans are, but those "HQ" textures cause a lot of lag and stress on peoples computers, even if you don't have the mod installed. So I would recommend making two versions, one with high quality and one with the normal texture map size.

Lastly, OH HAI NUBIE!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:19 PM
I assume it crashes with a specific message? If so, please paste it here (Ctrl-C the dialogbox, then paste).

Thanks

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:31 PM
@Dal: Hi Dalaina! ♥ Tested it in-game, it looks blurrier than a 1024x1024 texture XP (I guess that's fixed using the HQ Mod, but I don't want to use it so...)
I wanted to try because LemonLeaf uses 2048x2048 for her make up and it looks great... I guess that size is ok for that kind of CC...

@Delphy: Here's what the message says, some parts are in spanish.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 8:15 PM
It makes sense that the HQ version would look blurry without the mod - the game has to resize the textures down, and resizing always creates some blurriness. I guess lemonleaf uses the mod to take pics.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:30 PM
If you dont update the mask texture with the same size the textures will look blurry.(atleast thats the case with objects)
Im sure it will work when you update the other sizes.
You could check wich textures needs to be updated with TSRW when changing just one as it automaticly updates the others.

I played with Poser models wich use a 3000x3000 custom skintone texture and they work fine.(altho they dont use a mask texture)
But like Daluved mentioned, its not something i would upload, to avoid problems.

edit,

another thing is that if you decide to change the texture to a bigger size, you need to change the tiling aswell.
Or else your patterns will get blurry also
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 11:22 PM
@white: But Lemon's stuff looks very clear in my game as well, that's why I wanted to try!

@bloom: Oooh, I guess that's the problem, I should try updating the Mask and Tiling. I can upload the dress at the CFF to see if someone with low graphics has problems with it, but if you think it would cause problems to everyone I'll simply scale texture back to 1024x1024 (and fix all the blurrines *sighs*)
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:30 AM
And theres prolly another thing wat you should test.
Tops/bottoms/fullbodyoutfits and shoes all share the same uvmap, you prolly have seen the issues when clothing is uvmapped on the wrong spot?
No idea wat happens to the others(bottom and shoes) when you change the toptexture for instance to a bigger size.