Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 8:24 PM
Default Video Camera...
I've only really played around with it a couple times.. and it seems rather pointless.

Even when you are taking pictures you can get other sims to pose... but not with the camera... you just walk around and film the sims doing whatever stupid thing they come up.

Am I missing something? Like this is all there is to it?

If you have only 2 sims.. then you cant even film them together (ie husband talking to pregnant wifes belly..) Lame.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 8:26 PM
I used it to videotape my SimTots learning to talk, walk and potty-trained. Then when they became children, I videotaped them playing, doing homework. As teens, I followed them with the camera on their dates, videotaped them getting ready for prom, doing homework and just normal teen stuff. Then when I kicked them out at YA, I made my now elder sims sit and cry while watching the movies.
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:28 PM
i video taped the pregnant wife....then when she brought baby home from hosiptal....the first feeding, changing....i taped fish in the sea...lots of things....i think its fun
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:06 AM
I just started really getting some good gameplay in today, tried to videotape my sim's party at the Sports Bar, trying to get some juicy stuff on them. It was just a normal party my sim threw for a opportunity, had her hubby videotape the happenings, was frustrated when I couldn't get upstairs to a bar fight. Had to stop the video tape and move to the upstairs, but the fight was over. Then my sim's hubby got angry when an uninvited guest started hitting on my sim and started a bar fight. Couldn't get my sim to videotape it cause she was busy watching the fight.

So yeah, it is pointless for the juicy stuff, just great for the family stuff. At least for me.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:12 AM
So THAT'S how you get the juicy stuff on people!? I was wondering how you did that! Now it's kind of a Duh to me now.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:21 AM
I was trying it out, but didn't get much on tape. I even waited for hubby to accuse the wife of cheating because he got mad at her, even though the guy was hitting on her and she rebuffed him. Nope, didn't come up at all. As a matter of fact, he told his wife a secret of " I am happy we will always be together" Sheesh, I live off the drama in this game, yet my drama levels have went down. Darn!

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:32 AM
Drama in the Sims 2 was AWESOME! I remember my Sim's boyfriend flirting with her roommate, and the girl immediately, when noticing he was flirting, ran towards him and slapped him silly! In this game, she's standing in the corner doing that weird "Yaaahhhh WOO!" clap idle thing while he's woo-hooing her. Then she gets a negative moodlet.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Forum Resident
#8 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpookyOkyBatGirl
Drama in the Sims 2 was AWESOME! I remember my Sim's boyfriend flirting with her roommate, and the girl immediately, when noticing he was flirting, ran towards him and slapped him silly! In this game, she's standing in the corner doing that weird "Yaaahhhh WOO!" clap idle thing while he's woo-hooing her. Then she gets a negative moodlet.

Even though I love Sims 3, I have to admit that the Sims 2 was much more unpredictable and quirky.

I remember one time I had a husband and wife and the wife catches her husband making out with another guy. I only left the room for two minutes. Now, I just pause the game when I have to leave the game for a few minutes.

With the video camera, I can never get a different reaction. It's always positive. I am not sure if it's a glitch in my game or if I'm using the video camera wrong, but I get the positive moodlet for watching a home movie.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:47 AM
I've only videotaped my Simlets growing up, but now I'm going to catch some juicy things on camera! :D

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 7:00 AM
Yeah, Sims 2 was awesome for the drama, and the sims didn't easily forget the wrong either. I loved that challenge in the game. Miss the sneaky, autonomous stuff they would do. I always married Cassandra and Don Lothario in my game and even though she loved Don, she misses the Dreamer guy. One day while Dreamer was downtown with his wife (married him off to someone else), Cassandra seen him. It had been a long time for each of them. Since I play with "free will" on, I don't really do much controlling just to see what will happen. Cassandra waited for Dreamer's wife to go in the bathroom, walked over to Dreamer and gave him a good long kiss. Dude accepted it. I just covered my mouth in shock.

Then Cassandra had wants of seeing the Dreamer guy, (damn I forgot his first name) and when I went to the Dreamer house, he had wants to see Cassandra romantically. Well, I had a fancy hotel downtown just for my Romantic sims to do some cheating in peace, mainly Don, so I sent them there. Long story short, Cassandra caught Don for the third time and she wanted it over, went to the Dreamer guy, he broke up with his wife and they got together. Don wanted Cassie back, but it was no go that time. Haha, that was some good drama, fights all over the downtown area, and could only get some peace when they went on vacation. Poor Cassie could never get her oldest son forgiveness. She died brokenhearted from that. Gosh, I miss that.

Forum Resident
#11 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Yeah, Sims 2 was awesome for the drama, and the sims didn't easily forget the wrong either. I loved that challenge in the game. Miss the sneaky, autonomous stuff they would do. I always married Cassandra and Don Lothario in my game and even though she loved Don, she misses the Dreamer guy. One day while Dreamer was downtown with his wife (married him off to someone else), Cassandra seen him. It had been a long time for each of them. Since I play with "free will" on, I don't really do much controlling just to see what will happen. Cassandra waited for Dreamer's wife to go in the bathroom, walked over to Dreamer and gave him a good long kiss. Dude accepted it. I just covered my mouth in shock.

Then Cassandra had wants of seeing the Dreamer guy, (damn I forgot his first name) and when I went to the Dreamer house, he had wants to see Cassandra romantically. Well, I had a fancy hotel downtown just for my Romantic sims to do some cheating in peace, mainly Don, so I sent them there. Long story short, Cassandra caught Don for the third time and she wanted it over, went to the Dreamer guy, he broke up with his wife and they got together. Don wanted Cassie back, but it was no go that time. Haha, that was some good drama, fights all over the downtown area, and could only get some peace when they went on vacation. Poor Cassie could never get her oldest son forgiveness. She died brokenhearted from that. Gosh, I miss that.

That sounds crazing interesting. Glad Darren and Cassandra found happiness with each other.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:40 PM
Yeah, that was the most interesting game I had. I did have ACR installed, that mod made the drama and stories really come alive. That is why I love freewill, there is a challenge in fixing what happen or letting it go. If my poor computer's motherboard hadn't fried and Sims 3 hadn't come out, I probably would still be playing it. It went to the 6th generation.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 9:46 PM
When you only have 2 sims the video camera is a real pain. Especially when trying to film your husband blowing out his candles and your filming keeps getting interrupted to cheer at him blowing out his candles..... gaaaah!
Oh and its just as annoying to try and film your wife's first stroll with the baby in the stroller... I mean c'mon EA.. you give us strollers and then as soon as there is a hill they carry their babies again?!!! Whaaaaa is that!

EA craps out on us half way through anything they give us... its really frustrating.