Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 7:28 PM
Painting Question.
Is there a way to like..get a straight shot of something? I kinda wanted to have the family painted, all posing. but if my Painter sim (not gonna be in the picture) uses the cell phone and then the "paint from memory" option. I get this stupid birds eye type view.....I want a more straight ahead style.

I know there is the portrait option, and thats kinda what I want....but with the whole family not just 1 sim.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 7:50 PM
When your sim's skill is high enough, there should be an option when you click on the easel, to take a picture of the thing you want to paint, and then the Sim starts painting. So you could pose the family, use that option and paint them.
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:11 PM
I'm not really sure why the game forces you to take the image you're going to paint from a specific angle. It's actually quite infuriating when you can't get it where you want it. I wish there was a mod that would let you frame the shot using the "free camera" mode.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:14 PM
^ Yeah I think thats what I meant. I have a lv 10 painter and he can take the picture, but its that wacky birds eye view that I can zoom in and out with
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:28 PM
I don't know any way around that, myself, other than just constantly trying to move the camera into a good position... It's even MORE annoying when you use the "Paint Portrait" option and the Sim you're painting goes and stands in some place where you can't even get a shot of them. I had hoped that you would be able to pose your Sim where you want, and the "Paint Portrait" was just so that the game would label that painting as a portrait of the Sim you selected. (Technically you would be able to paint a toilet and have it labelled as a portrait of your mother-in-law, but it would give us that freedom to do what we want!)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:45 PM
Dang, yeah we should have a mod that fixes that.

This is off topic from what I asked, but do you by chance know if the Sculpting skill allows you to have a Sim pose and you can make a Sculpture of them? I wanna try out the different jobs and such as I go through my Generations, and was just curious.
Instructor
#7 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:49 PM
Yes, I believe you can make sculptures of Sims, but I can't remember if you can choose the pose or not. I haven't gone all the way through sculpting before, so hopefully someone else can answer your question better!

Scholar
#8 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:51 PM
You don't get to choose the pose, I've gone all the way in Sculpting before. It's sad really
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:52 PM
Aww, well I'll try it anyway. At least I can make Sim Sculptures.

thanks guys/gals!