Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#8926 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 8:49 PM
I discovered that non-active Sims can get away with nearly anything as long as they're not doing it on your active Sim's lot. My Sim arrives at a party just as the hostess and her husband make their way upstairs to woohoo. My Sim wasn't invited to join so I figured that their action wasn't a part of the official party. My Sim is in the kitchen cooking up some vegetarian spaghetti, and it will be epic.

Dare to have your active take a nap right before a party and get caught by one or more of the guests! Pffft, no one will forget that sim-sin for years to come. But a non-active can woohoo during the party and no one but me notices.

This isn't really helpful at all, I just needed to get this discovery off my chest and move on.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#8927 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 9:40 PM
Either it's in the game or a mod I have is doing it, but apparently I can get Plantsims as a random sim when creating a new household

I saved her to the bin since she's actually pretty nice looking!
Instructor
#8928 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 10:25 PM
Okay, I have a legit 'discovered today.'

My Sim is eco-friendly and the only vehicle I've found until now that does not give her a negative moodlet (wasting energy) is a bicycle. They're slow, with a top speed of 3. Eco-friendly Sims can purchase and use the X-75 Hover Scooter without getting any negative moodlets. It may look a tad odd (or unique) in worlds outside of Oasis Landing, but the speed is a 5. Big improvement over using a bicycle.
Field Researcher
#8929 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
I discovered that non-active Sims can get away with nearly anything as long as they're not doing it on your active Sim's lot. My Sim arrives at a party just as the hostess and her husband make their way upstairs to woohoo. My Sim wasn't invited to join so I figured that their action wasn't a part of the official party. My Sim is in the kitchen cooking up some vegetarian spaghetti, and it will be epic.

Dare to have your active take a nap right before a party and get caught by one or more of the guests! Pffft, no one will forget that sim-sin for years to come. But a non-active can woohoo during the party and no one but me notices.

This isn't really helpful at all, I just needed to get this discovery off my chest and move on.

Well, my sim quite often seduce the party's host whenever she's invited... and end up with a One Night Stand moodlet

I think as long as you're doing something 'active', it's acceptable. After all, it's well-known that making love is one of the most calorie-burning activities

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Instructor
#8930 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:00 AM
@pepoluan - Agree, but at this party, my Sim wouldn't have tried that since the hostess is one of her best friends. I should have sent her to their room but they would have just 'shooed' her out of there. It was a party weekend, whooot!
Top Secret Researcher
#8931 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 5:31 AM
Even ghost horses eat plants. Very annoying especially since that plant was supposed to become a plant sim! Three attempts between winter, a zombie invasion, and now my beloved horse eats it. After death.
Field Researcher
#8932 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Even ghost horses eat plants. Very annoying especially since that plant was supposed to become a plant sim! Three attempts between winter, a zombie invasion, and now my beloved horse eats it. After death.
Sims 3 horses also eat hens, y'know...

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#8933 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 1:13 PM
I had to get a mod to keep critters from eating my plants ugh.

In other news, using nrass to enable accessories for both genders is awesome, but oh my god click on accessories panel then go make a sandwich.

EDIT: Related news; 9227 mods merged (10.7gb) still not enough to make the game give up on life, but it does swell to 2.5gb RAM usage when that accessories panel is done loading
Top Secret Researcher
#8934 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 3:22 PM
Oh, it never happened while she was alive. I had a fence around my plants, planted far enough from the fence and locked the gate. Unfortunately, fences don't work for ghost horses. I think I'm finding the ghost horses the most disturbing. There is nothing quite like this enormous horse floating around your head while you are in the bath tub.
Scholar
#8935 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 4:12 PM
That my sim's voice sounds different for every song. I guess the ol' vampire got bitten at puberty, way back then, and her voice hasn't stopped changing ever since

Also on the helpful side, it turns out with the Master Controller you can add pets as roommates. You can't teach them tricks or send them hunting, nor get them a job, but you can still reinforce behaviours when they happen on the pet's free will. And the time speeds up when only pets are awake. I.e., basically they work more or less like TS1 pets. Well, more less than more. Err... you get the idea.

Honestly, I find this awesomely realistic. My sim isn't psychic, she doesn't automagically know what the cats are doing, nor can mind control one to use the scratching post and then praise it for that. She has to look around the house for where the pets are and what are they doing. Just like in real life.

Downside, since they're unselectable, you can't use their lifetime wish points or access their inventory... except with Master Controller again. So you have to use that or just a buy mode cheat to get the stuff like the infinite food bowl (although the upgraded Auto-Noms device did the same already) or the super pet bed (although tbh they seem to prefer sleeping high up in the cat tree anyway, just like real cats do.)

To my surprise, unlike the dumb human roommates who constantly pass out on the floor, and queue up for the juice keg until they piss themselves, and stuff, the pets seem actually good at taking care of their motives, and even autonomously use the pet bath device when they get fleas. (Though giving one a flea bath in the bathtub still works anyway if you don't have that reward.)
Scholar
#8936 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pepoluan
Well, my sim quite often seduce the party's host whenever she's invited... and end up with a One Night Stand moodlet

I think as long as you're doing something 'active', it's acceptable. After all, it's well-known that making love is one of the most calorie-burning activities

Hmm, I dunno, mine seem to get considered rude for that, unless they have Inapropriate But In A Good Way. Hell, I've even had my sim woohoo a guest at her own party, then want to scold him for behaving inappropriately. Or maybe it's just that he wanted to try something kinky?

Of course, once you have Inapropriate But In A Good Way, it's all good. Everyone's like, "ah, she's upstairs getting gangbanged, BUT IT'S IN A GOOD WAY." Well, I certainly hope it is :p
Instructor
#8937 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 7:32 PM
This may have already been mentioned but I just noticed it for the first time in my game. When your Sim purchases rocks, gems, minerals at the consignment store, they get credit for finding them in their collection journal. I've just been having my Sim buy all the foreign stuffs for the heck of it, that it counts for something else is a plus.

Thanks for the pet tip Moraelin, I'm going to try that out.
Scholar
#8938 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 10:06 PM
No problem. My feline master made me Adventurous, Playful and Clueless in create-a-pet, so the sillier something sounds, the more I just have to try it and see what happens
Alchemist
#8939 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 9:45 AM
This may have already been mentioned but I just noticed it for the first time in my game. When your Sim purchases rocks, gems, minerals at the consignment store, they get credit for finding them in their collection journal. I've just been having my Sim buy all the foreign stuffs for the heck of it, that it counts for something else is a plus.

Works with relics too! You know, wishes for finding a valuable relic or collecting several relics worth X Simoleons grant a nice amount of lifetime happiness points. It's not easy to find a valuable relic, so sometimes I just buy valuable ones in the relic shop, fulfill the wishes, and then sell them again. The price drops but I don't really care since tomb raiding is pretty much profitable anyway.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#8940 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 11:34 AM
Okay, I have a legit 'discovered today.'

My Sim is eco-friendly and the only vehicle I've found until now that does not give her a negative moodlet (wasting energy) is a bicycle. They're slow, with a top speed of 3. Eco-friendly Sims can purchase and use the X-75 Hover Scooter without getting any negative moodlets. It may look a tad odd (or unique) in worlds outside of Oasis Landing, but the speed is a 5. Big improvement over using a bicycle.

There were one or two eco-friendly cars in a free pack released alongside Ambitions in the Store, if I recall. Hell if I can find them now though
Scholar
#8941 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 12:45 PM
Motorcycles actually give eco-friendly sims a positive moodlet, and some can be pretty fast. Don't forget to upgrade The Beast for the best speed, if you go for that one.

And of course riding a broom has no eco penalty either, and the flying vacuum cleaner keeps up with the fastest of them.
Alchemist
#8942 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 5:43 PM
Expensive Facial Beautification can fail too, and it'll return a message saying that your Sim was accidentally operated on by a patient who stole the surgeon's robe, lol. Yes, you DO get charged for it, even if it's botched. Then you get the option of getting corrective surgery, which is ~1800 simoleons. I think it's supposed to restore your Sim's features to before the amateur surgery, but it just reset my Sim to the Absolute Pudding face with all the sliders at 0. Had to quit without saving

Oh, and NPC Sims in the law enforcement career can question other Sims autonomously. Mine just got questioned
Instructor
#8943 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 2:34 AM
I'm going to have to check out the eco-friendly vehicles and motorcycles again. I know that I've purchased one of the higher $ eco cars and my sim still had a negative moodlet. Maybe they fixed something in a patch, maybe it's just 'her.'
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8944 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 2:58 AM
I'm going to have to check out the eco-friendly vehicles and motorcycles again. I know that I've purchased one of the higher $ eco cars and my sim still had a negative moodlet. Maybe they fixed something in a patch, maybe it's just 'her.'
If you mean the cars from the Store, then you'll need a mod for them to be eco-friendly friendly: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=416172
Instructor
#8945 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 3:00 AM
Aha! Wise Don passes on valuable information! Thank you for that, I never knew such a mod existed. Off to shop for a new car!
Mad Poster
#8946 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 5:29 AM
Lifeguards have their own towels to relax on.

Alchemist
#8947 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 5:48 AM
The roof decorations that came with Midnight Hollow look much better if you add a frieze level between the last inhabited level and the roof.
Scholar
#8948 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 11:43 AM
That the Classically Cool Fixer-Upper Car (the TS3 store equivalent of the TS2 repairable car wreck) can be placed everywhere EXCEPT on a parking spot. To say I find it beyond stupid would be a massive understatement.

Also that the option to drive somewhere appears when clicking on it after you're done restoring the body, even if you haven't even started restoring the engine. Presumably at that point it has a sunroof on the floor, so you can drive it Flintstone style
Alchemist
#8949 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:00 PM
@Moraelin: I love EA. They're so considerate about giving players things they never asked for.

Unlike chess, once you start a game of dominoes, other Sims can't join in. They'll have to wait until it's over, so select all the Sims you want to play from the beginning. With chess, you can have a Sim Practice Chess but another Sim can join in too, thereby turning it into a proper game without stopping the other player first.

Judging by all the red "Disappointing Experience" moodlets, my Sims are awful at lovemaking.
Scholar
#8950 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:13 PM
Like the fleas in Pets, eh? Reminds me, can I buy a flea collar for the butler? She keeps re-infesting the cats :p
Page 358 of 490