Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 9024 (Who?), Viewed: 1162381 times.
Page 361 of 361
Mad Poster
#9001 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 9:50 PM
I just discovered the oddity that are those dome structures that came with Lunar Lakes. On the one hand they are the perfect greenhouses because the ground under them doesn't freeze and plants don't go dormant, on the other hand ponds freeze and trees lose their leaves, but those leaves don't remain on the ground. I think I like them and wish there was something smaller with the same properties.

And with regard to Plantsims, they can also absorb puddles on the ground. Now I just have to make another Sim have a bathroom "accident" to see whether they can absorb that puddle then, too. Absorbing a puddle raises Water and Fun needs.
One Minute Ninja'd
#9002 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Babilon
And with regard to Plantsims, they can also absorb puddles on the ground. Now I just have to make another Sim have a bathroom "accident" to see whether they can absorb that puddle then, too. Absorbing a puddle raises Water and Fun needs.

So, Plantsims are really into water sports. How...........................kinky.
Scholar
#9003 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 11:17 PM
you can change the height of lights like you can with paintings
Lab Assistant
#9004 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 12:28 AM
Quote:
I just discovered the oddity that are those dome structures that came with Lunar Lakes. On the one hand they are the perfect greenhouses because the ground under them doesn't freeze and plants don't go dormant, on the other hand ponds freeze and trees lose their leaves, but those leaves don't remain on the ground. I think I like them and wish there was something smaller with the same properties.

I wonder if the OMSP Resizer could get you the effect you want, though it will resize the entrances too, so you may need to build a basement to access the resulting smaller dome with if they end up too small to route through:
http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.tw/201...sp-resizer.html
Lab Assistant
#9005 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 1:50 AM
Lab Assistant
#9006 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 1:53 AM
Today I learned that political fund raisers are not just held at the politician's home. There's one going on now in my game and it's being held at the cemetery in Aurora Skies. Crazy non-actives and their sense of adventure. Even the one teen in attendance was impressed enough to dish out some of his parent's cash. She gets my vote for thinking outside the box.

And why can't our Sims get invited to these fund raisers and donate to political campaigns? Or, can we but my Sims just don't get the invites?
Instructor
#9007 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 4:46 AM
Black sims can have 100% white babies.
lol

Also yes she just gave birth in a bathing suit. She was taking a bath in the lake when she AND her friend went into labor
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#9008 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 4:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StardustX
Black sims can have 100% white babies.
lol
That baby looks as confused as I am.

I discovered that if two child sims "go for a joyride" on the same couch/loveseat, their relationship will go up
Inventor
#9009 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 3:03 PM
That NRaas Story Progression will catch and return runaway slav... err... butlers. Well, not necessarily the same one, but it saves me the hassle of catching him myself. I'm pretty sure they didn't come back before SP.

It comes in handy too, since this University butler keeps falling through the back wall when cleaning a certain shower (I keep meaning to repair that wall) or otherwise going away. The last night he was even seen (I'm not kidding) running after an alien.

Presumably screaming, "Please take me! Take me away from here!"

I really don't understand that guy. If he wants that badly to be anally probed, I still have that strap-on
Inventor
#9010 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 1st Mar 2015 at 7:46 PM.
Uh... the party dress code did say "Dress To Impress", and I'm impressed all right. Possibly not in the way he was hoping, but I'm impressed :p

In other words, that EA's clothing categorizing obviously sucks.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#9011 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 8:23 AM
@ Moraelin: maybe he's an, erm, dancer?

When they have the Mourning moodlet, Grumpy sims scream angrily instead of sobbing.

The "Rock" interaction on the rocking chair restores energy, but the "Read While Rocking" one does not.

Sims can't talk while eating if one is eating at a table and the other at an island counter.
They can, however, talk if one sim is eating and the other is cooking something.
Test Subject
#9012 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 10:05 AM
This is a really small thing but I discovered that the Clasically Creepy Doll's eyes will follow you/your screen(?)

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#9013 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:06 AM
@kimikobristen - That doll is seriously creepier than creepy now that I've seen those screenshots. "Look away!" No! I can't help myself, I keep looking to see if creepy doll is looking at me!
Theorist
#9014 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimikobristen
This is a really small thing but I discovered that the Clasically Creepy Doll's eyes will follow you/your screen(?)

Where is that doll from?

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#9015 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:31 AM
That doll is included with TS3 Store world Midnight Hollow (Gold version).
Field Researcher
#9016 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:50 AM
I thought I was the only one. I seriously thought I was going crazy, I mean it's a doll....
Field Researcher
#9017 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:29 PM
Any chance to get the class name of that object (the doll)? ^^
You can do that with NRaas Debug Enabler or NRaas Master Controller.
Mad Poster
#9018 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:53 PM
It is just a sculpture: Objects.Decorations.Mimics.SculptureModernArt.
There is nothing special about this doll. The "eye movement" is just an effect of how the doll's face is modeled. The eyes are painted onto the back of the eye socket, so they're inside a concave shape.
Inventor
#9019 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:14 PM
... That two of the random roommates at my sorority house are Clumsy. One of them is also a Loser, and the other is also Unlucky. O.o

Elder gods dammit, so that's why they keep breaking everything faster than the butler can repair it...

Edit: and a third is a Technophobe. Now I wonder if she was breaking some of the tech stuff on purpose. Like the ITF all-in-one bathrooms...
Lab Assistant
#9020 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 10:53 PM
The Bonehilda coffin is a great addition to any college dorm! She will unclog all your toilets, clean your showers, do all your sims' stinky laundry and rake all those unsightly leaves on the lawn.

...But she will constantly cockblock/clamjam you by putting up the Murphy bed your sims just let down for woohooing.
By the time you convince your partner to woohoo again, the bed will be up again. Rinse and repeat.

So Bonehilda puts the beds up, and my sim's roommates put them down 1-2 seconds later. Then Bonehilda puts them up again. And, of course, the roommates let them down again. At this point I'm pretty sure they're in a neverending cycle of trolling each other. It's amusing to watch.
Inventor
#9021 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 10:57 PM
Ah yes. The butler does the same thing. Not sure about the maid, but I highly suspect the same trolling cycle would happen if she arrived at exactly the right time.

It's one reason I replace all murphy beds at college.
Theorist
#9022 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 10:57 AM
Quote:
It is just a sculpture: Objects.Decorations.Mimics.SculptureModernArt.
There is nothing special about this doll. The "eye movement" is just an effect of how the doll's face is modeled. The eyes are painted onto the back of the eye socket, so they're inside a concave shape.

Very interesting! It's like this, right?

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#9023 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdevil
The Bonehilda coffin is a great addition to any college dorm! She will unclog all your toilets, clean your showers, do all your sims' stinky laundry and rake all those unsightly leaves on the lawn.

...But she will constantly cockblock/clamjam you by putting up the Murphy bed your sims just let down for woohooing.
By the time you convince your partner to woohoo again, the bed will be up again. Rinse and repeat.

So Bonehilda puts the beds up, and my sim's roommates put them down 1-2 seconds later. Then Bonehilda puts them up again. And, of course, the roommates let them down again. At this point I'm pretty sure they're in a neverending cycle of trolling each other. It's amusing to watch.

Just dismiss her bone-headedness ^^

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Lab Assistant
#9024 Old Yesterday at 8:53 PM
Aww, but she's fun to have around. Terrified sims running around and peeing themselves are always fun to watch.
In the end I replaced the Murphy beds with regular ones just to keep her around and enable my sim to woohoo somewhere else besides the shower.

On a similar note, you can prank only one sim per booby trap. Was disappointed when my teen set a shower dye trap and only one of his parents fell victim to it after they woohooed in the shower.
Also, booby traps won't be triggered if sims just clean the objects e.g. sink or shower.
Lab Assistant
#9025 Old Today at 12:39 AM
Today I learned that I apparently have six entirely different hookahs installed (all different meshes, not just retextures), two of which are setup to work as bubble bars. Well, I guess my hookah lounge is at least going to be appropriately equipped! I only remember finding and installing three of these.
Page 361 of 361

Section jump