Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 3:29 PM
Wearing Top and Bottom Seperates as an Athletic/Formal Outfit?
As we all know, Top and Bottom seperates can only be worn as Everyday outfits, but I was wondering if...

a) There was a simple way to combine a top and a bottom into an outfit so I could use it as an Athletic or Formal etc. outfit

or

b) There was a mod/hack meaning Top and Bottom seperates can be used as an outfit in ANY category, not just everyday.

I'm not completely sure if this is the right forum for this to be in This is my first post, so if I'm in the wrong place a tip in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :D
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 6:02 AM
I'm pretty sure that if the latter were possible it would have been done by now. As for the former, if a full-body mesh already exists that is the same as the two pieces you want to combine, it's extremely easy -- just copy and paste the textures in Body Shop. But if there's no matching mesh then you'd either have to find something similar and do a more exacting editing process, or you or someone else would have to make a combination mesh (which, depending on the pieces you want to combine, might not be allowed by creator policies).
#3 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 6:19 AM
There may (I haven't seen one and I don't know if it's possible but I'm posting in case anyone has) be some kind of hack that lets them not switch clothes to exercise. You may be able to use insim to change their clothes whilst they are exercising. However, I don't think it's possible for the athletic clothes to be separates.
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cidira
I'm pretty sure that if the latter were possible it would have been done by now. As for the former, if a full-body mesh already exists that is the same as the two pieces you want to combine, it's extremely easy -- just copy and paste the textures in Body Shop. But if there's no matching mesh then you'd either have to find something similar and do a more exacting editing process, or you or someone else would have to make a combination mesh (which, depending on the pieces you want to combine, might not be allowed by creator policies).

If everyone used that logic, nothing would get done. Just because something hasn't been done doesn't mean it's impossible. Maybe the reason it hasn't happened yet is because people like you just decide that it can't be done before ever even trying, and so no one bothers to try, not realizing it could work.
Theorist
#5 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 10:14 PM
You answered a 7-year old post, to comment to someone who has not been on MTS in almost a year and a half.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 10:16 PM
KikiAgent15, you are replying to a 7 year old thread, please check dates before hitting reply. Also this has now been done.

CaliBrat, No she isn't replying to the OP but the person under the OP who hasn't logged in for 4 months. Also your post wasn't showing when I hit reply.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#7 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 10:22 PM
Yup, I know, which is why I said they answered a post and not thread :D
Been longer than 4 months. Their last was Sept of 14 we're now in Jan of 16.

However, we both had the same idea.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 6:36 PM
Well, I think Skellington has done something like this now. Check out their repository project and you'll probably find it. If only I knew this seven years ago...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 7:52 PM
It is possible. The easiest way is to do it with SimPE. Just categorize the clothes as you'd normally do with whole outfits (overview of numbers here).

You need at least one top and one bottom for each age/gender for them to show properly. I can't remember if the clothes show in CAS or in Bodyshop if they're not also in everyday, but they can be bought and applied with a dresser. You might have to assign them to everyday in addition to the other category/ies.
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 7:38 PM
According to Skellington, all tops and bottoms have to be in the everyday category as well as in the desired category to be able to buy them. Also, then you have to buy them using the "Purchase Everyday Clothes" option. After that, you can plan the outfit as you normally would, but now with separates in other categories.

However, I don't think the separates ever show up in CAS. At least I've never seen it, but I'm also very new to this whole thing. As for BodyShop, I'm not sure.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rudhira
However, I don't think the separates ever show up in CAS. At least I've never seen it, but I'm also very new to this whole thing. As for BodyShop, I'm not sure.

No they don't AFAIK. The way you described it is the way I use them myself.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 8:55 PM
The separates show (only) in the Everyday category in CAS if they're categorized for everyday. You can't assign separates in other categories in CAS.