Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2011 at 3:46 PM
Need to Access Another Heroes Inventory...
Just wondering if there was a way to access an inactive heroes inventory when on a quest? That is, without adding them to the active family with the Debug Mod or using the "Select sim name" cheat because I don't know how to remove them once I have...
I always seem to forget to drag and drop items from one sim to the other befor I've switch the quest and the previous hero always has items I need.
S o if someone could help I would appreciate it!

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th May 2011 at 4:20 PM
I have treeag's testingcheatsenabled and edit in cas cheats. I believe with these you can shift+right click on the inactive sim to activate. You may want to find the sim in your active sim's relations and click to activate the sim's tag to find them first. Once you've activated them, click and drag to move the items from their inventory. When finished, shift+right click them again to deactivate them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2011 at 5:58 PM
I have the Debug Enabler by Rick, I'm pretty sure it does the same thing as Treeag's what I'm saying is the option to remove them from the active family does not pop up. Maybe it is a glitch? I don't know, I just wish there was a simple mod that does what 'm asking...

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Instructor
#4 Old 14th May 2011 at 6:11 PM
Making a Sim selectable isn't the same thing as adding it to the active family, it's not something you get as an option on the debug pie-menu.

If you just shift-right click on a Sim the only thing it does is make it controllable (so you can check his inventory, among other things), and when you shift-right click again on it it will stop being controlled by you and go on with it's own life. The only thing that's a bit tricky is to actually manage to shift-right click on it, it might take a few tries.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th May 2011 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
...The only thing that's a bit tricky is to actually manage to shift-right click on it, it might take a few tries.

Or you can hit the pause button, like I do to get a bead on them!
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th May 2011 at 6:44 PM
I think you can just shift-right click on their portrait in the lower left to remove them also.
It's been awhile since I've tried.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th May 2011 at 7:24 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it, I is understands now but just for clarification, you can only do this if you have debug mode enabled? And what if I did use the add sim to active family option on the pie menu, what happens does the game consider them related? and how do I remove them if they are?

Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th May 2011 at 11:42 PM
i'm not sure at all, but i think that it changes their home lot to the current hero's lot. i am not sure though, this is all speculation. if you shift+left click them and add to active family, i don't think you can remove them.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!