2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#3051 Old 21st May 2015 at 5:55 PM
I've done that using Christianlov's Wallet. I decided on a rent amount and that amount went to the household funds (as normal) while the rest of the sim's pay went to a bank account. I have boarding houses in every neighborhood because I have no20khandouts and this is a good way for sims to save money. There are probably other/better ways to do this, though.
Advertisement
Instructor
#3052 Old 21st May 2015 at 8:48 PM
General cc wise I'd love to see that cute scout uniform from Generations in the Sims 2. I'm surprised it hasn't been done.

But for a mod a while ago I was thinking how neat a mod that tells waiters at sims restaurants "hey, someone's sitting at this table (even if not seated by the host) you probably shouldn't boot them." or at least a way to pick restaurant seats yourself. Some pictures I had got broken and the files are unrepairable so recreating restaurant pics is a pain in the buttocks.
Mad Poster
#3053 Old 21st May 2015 at 9:45 PM
Recreating specific seating arrangements isn't hard. Just turn on moveobjects and pick up your Sims and place them in the seat they were in. You can even pick up their food and bring it with them, although you may have to use M-key to switch slot on the table to get it in front of them.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#3054 Old 22nd May 2015 at 3:26 AM
Also! An autonomous pregnancy/artificial insemination mod for pets. Because getting puppies and kittens is hard.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3055 Old 22nd May 2015 at 4:03 AM
You might be able to cheat the relationships, then it would just be a matter of getting them to try.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3056 Old 22nd May 2015 at 6:39 AM
Boarding house - Mod the sims has a few lots actually set up as apartments that work like this. You hire a room, and the landlord comes daily. If you add in simlogical's "lot system", for renting and owning, you can get someone to own it and collect the rent.
Theorist
#3057 Old 23rd May 2015 at 3:42 AM
I would love to have a very small replica of a car that, when placed on a shelf or table, would satisfy their want and stop those silly sims living on a 1x1 lot constantly rolling wants for one. I could place it on the roof, but then I would be the silly one.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#3058 Old 23rd May 2015 at 3:43 AM
If nobody else wants to do it, I could probably do that this summer.

Instructor
#3059 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I would love to have a very small replica of a car that, when placed on a shelf or table, would satisfy their want and stop those silly sims living on a 1x1 lot constantly rolling wants for one. I could place it on the roof, but then I would be the silly one.

Have you seen these want-fulfilling paintings?
Mad Poster
#3060 Old 23rd May 2015 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
Boarding house - Mod the sims has a few lots actually set up as apartments that work like this. You hire a room, and the landlord comes daily. If you add in simlogical's "lot system", for renting and owning, you can get someone to own it and collect the rent.

Yes - but I want a landlady or a landlord renting out rooms in their houses - not apartments and not only visiting daily.
Theorist
#3061 Old 23rd May 2015 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amalia81
Have you seen these want-fulfilling paintings?

Yes, but I also love adding cutesy little items with some of them having a purpose. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Lab Assistant
#3062 Old 23rd May 2015 at 7:43 PM
I'd really love a damn mod that stops kids annoying everyone with "show off". These quads will be the death of me if I don't find a cure lmao
Mad Poster
#3063 Old 23rd May 2015 at 8:12 PM
I wish there was a way to give free bandatron tickets to Sims, after they bought one. I don't always pay attention to the machine, tickets sell themselves, and it doesn't suit the atmosphere of my hood for Sims to charge their friends and family.

I also wish there was a way to switch places of the two top perks of the contact-perks for businesses. I don't want my Sim to be able to call the entire hood, it clogs up the menu something awful, but getting a bigger start bonus when learning someones contacts would be nice.

Mad Poster
#3064 Old 23rd May 2015 at 8:46 PM
There is. There's an option on the bandatron that allows you to specify a certain sim to get in free. Frank Munny did it so his girlfriend Amanda Ruben could spend time at his business without bankrupting herself - and boy did the stars fly up when he closed the place to date her! And Nathan Gavigan of Widespot decided to not charge Beulah Land because she was poor, and she rewards him by showing up almost every time he opens Nathan's FUn Bowl, throwing lots of stars, and attracting her extensive network of friends and family to come pay to spend time with her. It works great.

If you want them to buy one ticket good for the whole day, you'd have to keep changing their status on the bandatron after they paid, which I can see would be a pain. But letting the right person in free all the time has certain benefits.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3065 Old 23rd May 2015 at 9:09 PM
I only have the options to give them free entry before they purchased a ticket. Once they did, they are no longer under the menu on the bandatron. So if you can offer them free after purchase, then I guess you have a mod, or I have a conflict.

Mad Poster
#3066 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:32 PM
No mod is needed for letting a Sim in free @gummilutt. I've done it since Open for Business was released and played for years without any mods. A good relationship is needed, I think, between the business owner and the Sim who gains free entry.
Mad Poster
#3067 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:49 PM
Yeah, but the problem is to charge for an initial ticket and then cancel all the hourly repayments. I'm not sure I ever tried that, so I bet it didn't occur to them to put in the option. There's a "stop charging" option, but that applies to everybody.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3068 Old 24th May 2015 at 12:13 AM
I forgot about the hourly repayments.
Mad Poster
#3069 Old 24th May 2015 at 9:56 AM
I know it's possible to let them in free, but like I said in both previous posts, it only works BEFORE they bought a ticket. I don't pay attention to the ticket machines, because the price is cheap and tickets sell very quickly on their own. So by the time I realize a family member is there, they already bought a ticket. I wish there was a mod that allowed you to give them free in that scenario.

Instructor
#3070 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:11 AM
Mods that make the hobby leaders send a mail instead of coming into the house. I know that this is sims and they are somewhat less worrying than humans, but when one of those hobby leaders just waltz into the house, at night, past the kids taking a nap in the living room just so he can talk to their mother to congratulate her for secret membership, I almost get a little heart attack.
Mad Poster
#3071 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:17 AM
I would like a mod to allow children to learn charisma from a mirror. There isn't always room for the putter

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#3072 Old 24th May 2015 at 11:29 AM
A mod to lengthen the amount of characters for book titles
Mad Poster
#3073 Old 24th May 2015 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rinchan7
Mods that make the hobby leaders send a mail instead of coming into the house. I know that this is sims and they are somewhat less worrying than humans, but when one of those hobby leaders just waltz into the house, at night, past the kids taking a nap in the living room just so he can talk to their mother to congratulate her for secret membership, I almost get a little heart attack.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/

You want nohobbyspam.
Instructor
#3074 Old 24th May 2015 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/

You want nohobbyspam.

Thanks,I'll give it a try. Any known conflicts? Also, for those looking for paladin's place, you can find it here
Mad Poster
#3075 Old 24th May 2015 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rinchan7
Thanks,I'll give it a try. Any known conflicts? Also, for those looking for paladin's place, you can find it here

Strange. The Sim Wardrobe site seems to be back up. Coincidentally, also where you'll find the HCDU which will tell you if there are any conflicts. XD
Page 123 of 582