Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2014 at 4:53 PM
Default can't fix weird texture on my package
Hello everyone, i'm having an issue with a mesh conversion.
I converted a female mesh to male, by editing it in milkshape, changing the comments, and importing to ctu.
But then i get a weird texture in the feet, it's like the toes texture, i check the dds files and it's not there. And this doesn't happen on the original female package.
I also tried to fix it by using the MeshTangentCalculator.
It looks like this:

what could it be?
Thank you for you time.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th May 2014 at 5:03 PM
That definitely looks like a texture thing. Have you imported the male skintone texture into Milkshape, to see if you need to adjust the mapping on the toes to fit the male skintone?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2014 at 5:14 PM Last edited by venusprincess100 : 20th May 2014 at 5:35 PM.
not really, i didn't know i had to do that. i will try that. Thank you Nysha

edit: i got it right thank you
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 21st May 2014 at 3:15 AM
The male skintone has its original(these are propably my 3d toetsies) toe textured diffrent then the female.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st May 2014 at 11:50 AM
is that why the toes don't match? I had to move the toes mapping to the side, where there was no skin texture.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st May 2014 at 4:44 PM
I have a new problem, in CTU the shoes look perfect, but in cas it has a weird shadow,
it looks like this:

any idea why?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 21st May 2014 at 8:34 PM
If two or more parts of the mesh are UV mapped to the same location in the texture, you'll get those weird shadows in CAS. If that's the problem it'll look fine in-game.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 21st May 2014 at 11:36 PM
yes, it happens when you duplicate a mesh and mirror it without giving the uvcoordinates of the duplicate their own texture spot.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd May 2014 at 1:45 PM
but i didn't duplicate the mesh, nor did i placed uvcoordinates on top of uvcoordinates (i think)
here is the original uv map:

and the one i altered so i could get ride of the toes problem:

is anything wrong with it?
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 24th May 2014 at 6:19 PM
Then the creator of the female shoes duplicated and mirrord the shoe.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th May 2014 at 2:45 PM
i will check if it shows in game, or if it's just in cas.
is it fixable?