Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2014 at 8:10 PM Last edited by murfee : 6th May 2014 at 9:27 PM.
Seam problem? [RESOLVED]
Me again!
I am trying to create a Y/A Female top, and I was having a ton of issues trying to find a EA top with 2 groups, since unfortunately I'll be working with transparent parts again.
I couldn't find any tops with 2 groups, so I decided to just clone the TFRedHalterDress thingy, and use one of EA's regular tops as a reference mesh.
Things were going good...until I imported the sucker into TSRW.
I get this wretched seam where the torso ends and the pelvis/legs begin.
I tried reading these threads:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...ight=torso+seam
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...ight=torso+seam
But I don't understand.
At first I didn't get any seam, but when I changed the age from Teen to Young adult, and TSRW refreshed the sim model, that's when the seam popped up.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th May 2014 at 9:12 PM
Teens and (young) adults have different proprtions, so while the meshes are similar for the two groups, there are some mismatches. If you want to convert a teen mesh for adults or vice versa, you'll need to adjust the base mesh and morph meshes for the target age group, so that the neck and waist (and ankles if you're making bottoms or a full body outfit) match the other meshes for that age group. That's why you have a seam at the waist - because the adult bottom is fatter than the teen top.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2014 at 9:27 PM
You Fixed It!! :lovestruc
I was freaking out, like OH NO~! Yup, I un-ticked the Teen age, and let TSRW refresh again, and then everything returned to normal--thank god.
Thank you!