Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#26 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 12:59 AM
Yes I completely agree with bLURR I do not have milkshape anymore and I know nothing about meshing. I also think it's stupid to contact everyone who made the meshes asking them to fix it. There are many creators like Pegy and Rose who do not give a flying fig about you unless you give them money. This is a very good way for people like myself to fix the problem themselves instead of waiting for the creators to fix all the meshes.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 11:18 PM Last edited by ScorpioMaurus : 29th Aug 2008 at 5:23 PM.
Cyjon has created a hack that in my game takes the Vampire Fangs away so they don't flash. So you can fix General Zoi's fangs and have real Vampires that don't flash.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=283059

Version 1 of Cyjon's Hack works with all EP's through Seasons. If you have Bon Voyage, FreeTime or Apartment Life you must DL version 2. I have tested these under several different circumstances and it is working properly for me. However I understand for some people the fangs do show normally. Under my configuration the fangs do not show but it is not a problem thanks to General Zoi.

http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/96
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 2:19 AM
Default What?
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Regarding this issue: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=202762

It appears we may have found a cause, and thus, a solution to why custom accessories are doing this...

The cause appears to be, in most cases, removal of groups. That is, in a mesh that originally has "frame" and "lens" groups, if one only has a "frame" group included in the GMDC and simply leaves out the "lens" group without making a placeholder group, there will be references to the missing "lens" group. While this does not appear to be an error keeping the mesh from working entirely, it does appear to be the primary cause of flashing blue accessories - meshes with missing groups tend to have this issue, meshes with no missing groups tend to not.

Placeholder groups are very easy to make - create a single polygon, shrink it to a single point (snap together), assign 100% to head, fix the group name and comments and hide it inside the head.

In the case of Dr Pixel's alpha necklace this issue is more complicated, as there do not appear to be references in the SHPE and GMND to missing groups. In that old thread he did try to update and remove references to missing parts in the recolour file - and that file was reported as still having the issue - but it's possible there are certain references in the mesh file itself that are still pointing to groups that do not exist.

More investigation is needed, but this does appear to be a major clue.

Huge huge HUGE thanks to JM Pescado for sorting this out - it was his investigation that brought all this to light, and I take credit only for going, "Aha, that makes perfect sense!" The actual discovery is his.

I'll post up info on how to trigger the flashing blue when I have a few more brain cells to spare to the issue - for now I'm going to bed.
can some one tell me in simple terms what to do? im
Page 2 of 2