Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:04 PM
Default Magic Vampire Gnome The Dark
I've had a lot of "Magic Vampire Gnomes" appear on my lots with vampires, but just now I got one called "Magic Vampire Gnome The Dark." I did a google search and had 0 hits. She looks almost the same as a normal vampire gnome except her face is more evil. She appeared next to another vampire gnome in a pose that looked like they were fighting each other. Just wondering if anyone else has seen one, or if it does anything special. I know the normal vampire gnome likes to change the radio station to classical.

Also wondering if it had anything to do with the heart shaped Vampire's Eye I placed on the lot not long before. Was the first one I found, and it's the only thing I can think of that's different on the lot from when I was getting just normal vampire gnomes.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sanati
but just now I got one called "Magic Vampire Gnome The Dark." I did a google search and had 0 hits.

"The Dark" gnomes were previously stuffed animals, that have since been turned by another vampire gnome, to join the forces of darkness.

(No, I'm not kidding)

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:22 PM
Oh wow, now that you mention it I am missing a teddy bear. That's awesome.

Thanks.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 1:42 AM
I had that happen to me. So I tested the theory by setting out another stuffed bear, and then NAMING it so I could keep track. I now have an extra Vampire Gnome named Iris the Dark, and the bear is gone. XD

I'd thought that rumor was just a rumor until this happened. I've got to remember NOT to set out any teddy bears on the floor for the kids while I'm growing plasma fruit.
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 4:14 PM
LOL. This is funny and kudos to whoever at EA came up with the idea.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:39 PM
so that only happens when u are growing plasma fruit or with any vampires...ive only played the ones that came with the game
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 6:46 AM
What?! o.O So now not only do I have to worry about vampires turning everyone in my town, but I also have to worry about the toys changing?!
Instructor
#8 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 6:27 PM
I never saw vampires turning other sims on their own! But more a question for me is, where the hell can I get the vampire gnomes???
I want to try that teddy bear thing It sounds funny *lol*
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 6:45 PM
I`m not sure but I guess they will appear on their own, but if you dont
want to wait they are on buydebug
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Quick Reply
Attention! This thread has not had a reply for over a month.
Sorry, I'm running a little slow.
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
I never saw vampires turning other sims on their own! But more a question for me is, where the hell can I get the vampire gnomes???
I want to try that teddy bear thing It sounds funny *lol*
You can get a vampire gnome by planting more than one plasma fruit on your property. It's not only amusing, it's a pretty good way to turn $50 (teddy bear) into $1000 (vampire gnome).
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 2:01 PM
Putting teddy bears in cribs does not save them form the vampire gnomes either - if there is a teddy and a vamp gnome on the lot, soon there will be another vamp gnome and no teddy. If you have vamp gnomes and toddlers, I recomend inventorying the gnome(s) until the toddler has no need of a teddy bear any more.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 9:31 AM
actually it happen to me too and i wasnt growing any of that sorta fruit not sure what the heck i was doing and the teddy bear was in a grib when i bought it and put it there. ROFL i was like wtf?
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 1:58 AM
Cribs or children's rooms aren't the best place for teddy bears anyway. Unless you want them to become vampire gnomes, put the bears in your kids' inventories. It gives them a happy moodlet when they sleep. (I hear it also works for childish Sims, but I haven't tried that.)
Site Helper
#14 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 3:04 AM
I have. It does. Rubber duckies also still work for childish sims.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 1:17 AM
teddy bears?? so i can put any teddy bear just for ti it?? xDDD
Scholar
#16 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 1:26 AM
I'm trying to get "The Dark", I put a teddy bear on the floor, in the same room as the magical vampire gnome, and it's been at least 3 days and it hasn't bitten him yet (despite moving about during those three days). Have I done something wrong or am I just too impatient?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:48 AM
Okay, I would love to know how to get the gnomes and such, can someone give me a link to a guide on all of the gnomes?
Alchemist
#18 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by USNCaseySmith
Okay, I would love to know how to get the gnomes and such, can someone give me a link to a guide on all of the gnomes?

sure. just wave my magic gnome wand, shall i?

you do know google exists.... why expect other people to do something for you that you arent willing to do for yourself?

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Theorist
#19 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 1:25 PM
Good to know about these vampire gnomes. Except one thing... none of my cities are overrun by vampires. I actually had to search in 2 of my worlds to befriend one. OK... make that 2 things. The other thing ... like the laundry gnome, I have yet to see a vampire gnome in any of my saved games. I don't have Generations and I'm fully patched. I've had all the other gnomes except laundry and vampire.. strange huh?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#20 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 9:12 PM
I don't think it's vampire related, it's plasma fruit related. I know I got mine after harvesting some plasma fruit, I didn't have any vampires in the game at the time (just imported one vampire just to see what would happen) as the town is Riverview.
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 1:25 PM
I've had a weird situation occur but am not sure why it has arisen. Firstly I explored the graveyard catacombs and got Mr Mysterious Magical Gnome (or whatever his real title is..lol ). I progressed to growing plasma bushes. I duly got the Vampire gnome. When they both teleported around my lot, most of the time they went to different places. However..I had a teddy bear 'taken' by the Vampire gnome thus creating " Vampire Gnome The Dark". Since then I noticed that all three gnomes then teleported around as a group. Zooming in, the poses of the vampire gnomes seemed more sinister, almost as though they were hunting Mr Magical Gnome. After a good while his poses looked 'sadder' until I found him turned into a statue in my yard !!. So..did he 'die' of old age naturally? Or did my vampire gnomes kill him ? I've not gotten a 2nd Magical; gnome yet although I still have my two vampires. I'm almost reluctant to try to get any more gnomes of any description at the moment lol. On a side note I finally made my invisible friend real and she looked even more freaky than the doll did. :D
Alchemist
#22 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IanH
After a good while his poses looked 'sadder' until I found him turned into a statue in my yard !!. So..did he 'die' of old age naturally? Or did my vampire gnomes kill him ?

Since Generations, the magical gnomes do grow old and die. In my last legacy, I never had a vampire gnome and I ended up with more than 22 gnome graves on my lot after 5 generations of play.
I can't say for sure if vampire gnomes can kill other gnomes or not, but I do know the gnomes will die of old age naturally. It's only the Mr. Mysterious gnomes that age and die, btw. Gnomes from WA locations, or the inventor or sculptor gnomes, etc, don't age and die.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 12:54 AM Last edited by Ponygirldk : 16th Sep 2011 at 5:24 AM.
This is just to funny
Found my vamp doll laying infront of tv watching it
Been wondering were it whent and what keept turning on my tv´s now i know :>)
Oooh soo neet after movie on tv it fell asleep :lovestruc