Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#4751 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 9:53 PM
Never ever allow a sim to have a vampire as a roommate. What a disaster and thank goodness I had recently backed up my game.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#4752 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008
Never ever allow a sim to have a vampire as a roommate.
how come?
Inventor
#4753 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 2:21 AM
You'd never know when a vampire would want to nuzzle on their roommate's neck, especially in the middle of the night if they're sharing the same bed.

Now, if the vampire was dating with somebody, the victim probably wouldn't mind. One could say vampires make great suckers.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Top Secret Researcher
#4754 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 4:09 AM
What kind of roommate situation forces you to share the same bed?

...The dating kind.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4755 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
ALL my firefighters fear fire. (Maybe all sims do?) Normally NPCs and townies have locked aspirations, but I have an old mod by Squinge called ShowAspirationScoreChange that unlocks them so they can go platinum or into aspiration failure.

Where can I find that mod?
Field Researcher
#4756 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I found out that M&G adds all of the "missing "EP interactions which I love about the game with everything in it. See, I almost always play a base game configuration due to the simplicity of it and the fact that it saves and loads lots and stuff in a pinch, but I miss the "Walk to Lot" and "Get leftovers" interactions like crazy! That, and the inventory. I found out all of these seemed to have been added when I started a base-game only configuration with the newly released UC edition of AGS. Is this really the case?

Yes, if I read correct the UC edition of AGS will always be run on the M&G engine.
Mad Poster
#4757 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 4:55 PM
Hmm...that'll make it less useful, alas, as it means lots built in it will crash games running on earlier engines. Disappointing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#4758 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 8:26 PM
I found out that a Sim without degree can receive a job offer for one of the Uni careers
Dustin Broke (he aged up from teen to adult, no college for him) came back from work with a friend (and a promotion) and he was asked if he wanted to start working in the Paranormal career at an higher level (I guess it was level 4, since he got the Resurrect-O-Mitron after the first promotion).
Scholar
#4759 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 8:31 PM
thats really useful!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#4760 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Actually, I was asking whether or not the same thing would happen if I installed the physical base game and then installed M&G afterwards. Would it add the same features? I'm assuming it would.

Sorry, I missunderstood! But yes, I would assume this as well. Although we wouldn't know for sure unless you or someone else tried.
Scholar
#4761 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 10:22 AM
what is vsync?

My Tumblr
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4762 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Where can I find that mod?

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7049.0.html
Instructor
#4763 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 2:39 PM
This is probably old but I found out that Sims would occassionally complain up to the screen whenever I directed them to watch TV and then started walking toooooo slowly. I mean watching TV gains fun, why did they have to make a fuss about it?

P.S. I don't mind about the complaining things since their expressions are kinda funny. Just wish watching TV were an exception.
Lab Assistant
#4764 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
This is probably old but I found out that Sims would occassionally complain up to the screen whenever I directed them to watch TV and then started walking toooooo slowly. I mean watching TV gains fun, why did they have to make a fuss about it?

P.S. I don't mind about the complaining things since their expressions are kinda funny. Just wish watching TV were an exception.

I believe this is due to the personality of the sim in question - serious sims tend to grumble about being directed to watch TV, while playful sims are happy to do it. If you asked them to play chess, you'd get the opposite reactions.
Top Secret Researcher
#4765 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:10 PM
You can't use the robot crafting station in a dorm. At least, I think that's the reason. A bit annoying--Julia's going to be a roboticist once she finishes college, and I was hoping she could work on her badges in her spare time so she's not just selling toy robots and roverbots, and can get to the servos quicker.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Lab Assistant
#4766 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cakeninja
I believe this is due to the personality of the sim in question - serious sims tend to grumble about being directed to watch TV, while playful sims are happy to do it. If you asked them to play chess, you'd get the opposite reactions.

I think it's actually active/lazy that controls the TV reaction. Or maybe they both do. But my extremely active playful sims always grumble about watching TV even though some channels/movies raise their fun faster than playing catch or exercising.
Mad Poster
#4767 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:39 PM
She can work on it in a residence or a Greek, Strangetownchick.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#4768 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
You can't use the robot crafting station in a dorm. At least, I think that's the reason. A bit annoying--Julia's going to be a roboticist once she finishes college, and I was hoping she could work on her badges in her spare time so she's not just selling toy robots and roverbots, and can get to the servos quicker.

I've just tested this in my game because I seem to recall having Sims use the robot crafting station in a dorm without problems. Works just fine for me. So either I have a mod in my game which enables the use of the robot crafting station in dorms (don't have a clue which mod that could be though) or you have a mod (conflict) that keeps you from using it.
Field Researcher
#4769 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
how come?

She kept going into town to run "errands" during the DAY and her needs would continually drain till she was on the brink of death.
Field Researcher
#4770 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick

It can be used in dorms, however you can't activate the servo.
Scholar
#4771 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cakeninja

Unless their fun is very low, in which case the same Sim who grumbles about being sent to watch TV will outright refuse to play chess because "I'm not in the mood for that right now."
Inventor
#4772 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jdusk
I think it's actually active/lazy that controls the TV reaction. Or maybe they both do. But my extremely active playful sims always grumble about watching TV even though some channels/movies raise their fun faster than playing catch or exercising.

Heh, the number of times my shy self-Sim would gripe over reacting with somebody, and here I am yelling at her to "Just do it!" If that were me, however, I'd have a better chance grumbling over calling people. I don't mind interacting with people face-to-face, but calling them on the phone is another ordeal. Even since I got the mod that prevents these behaviors I've almost forgotten they were a thing. Funny enough, whenever my self-Sim would whine over chatting with another, that Sim might simultaneously stare at the camera. That I somewhat enjoyed.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4773 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 12:49 AM
I think that Pescado has a mod that stops the groaning (I'd have to check), but personally I find it hilarious.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#4774 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:25 AM
It's this one: http://www.cyjon.net/node/219

Scholar
#4775 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 9:13 PM
how did you find these? are these cut content dialogues?

My Tumblr
Page 191 of 445