Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 4:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Seasons, Island Paradise
Origin Download speeds are going insane.
I literally can't take this anymore. I am downloading Sims 3 (base game) through Origin. However, It goes from 4mb to 0b and the download never gets finished. I am using my dad's mobile hotspot which is unlimited and has pretty nice speeds, but after all, it's still a MOBILE hotspot. I have been researching and researching to try and make it download faster. R&D Mode? Check. Flush DNS? Check. Run Origin as admin? Check. Safe Mode Downloading makes it even slower. I am so frustrated right now, i'm even thinking of putting on my eyepatch and sailing the seven seas. No, seriously THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pissapointed
No, seriously THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I'd rather buy this if I were you and patch it to 1.67
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:09 PM
I got a Collector's Edition for €62 the other day, because I realized how ridiculous it was that I don't have the collector's edition of my most played video game of all.
And now that you mention it, @PapaEmy, that means I'll have a new, fully unpatched copy of the game too. Oh, how I look forward to not using that second copy!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
that means I'll have a new, fully unpatched copy of the game too.

Well.. all TS3 BG disc copy versions are not fully patched to 1.67, none of them are, because the patch was provided separately by downloading the superpatch with free of charge, but in my understanding if you buy it from origin then it's automatically patched to 1.69. I personally don't want the 1.69
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 12:41 AM
Which is why I'm so happy to get this one, because it's been sitting in a warehouse sealed and wrapped since 2009.
Now if only I could turn back the clock to 2009 and do whatever it is that makes me want to go back to 2009...

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )