Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 5:57 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 17th Apr 2014 at 10:08 PM.
Default Custom Food Issue [SOLVED]
I've been trying to clone/recolour some custom food (which was cloned from the instant meal) in order to make a recolour. I've been following this tutorial, even though the food I'm cloning isn't a cereal. Having followed the entire tutorial I have discovered that, when I go in game to try and get one of my sims to drink my version of the food it throws an error - "3D object is not animatable". I Googled it and found that "If you intend your object to be able to run animations, you should ensure the 3D Object Type (0x0063) is not set to zero. If you don't set this you will get the "3D object is not animatable" error.". I changed the 3D Object Type to 1, but it still throws the same error.

My sim gets as far as reaching for the milkshake, and it's visible inside the fridge. But when she tries to remove the milkshake from the fridge the error message pops up and I have to reset her. Does anyone know why this might be happening, and how I could fix it? The food that I cloned does not have this error - it works fine.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:06 PM
Never mind - I got it to work :-)

I had a look at the original file to try and figure out where I was going wrong. After much trial and error I remade it, ticking the "Pull Animations" box when I cloned it. I also swapped the reordered GUID's round in the BHAv's, as they were the other way round in the original file, and I copied the GUID's into the Fallback GUID boxes as they were the same on the original file. And now it works! :-)

I have no idea which of those steps I took made it work, but I don't care - I'm just glad that it works now! :-D
Screenshots