Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 9:12 AM Last edited by Okalanit : 5th Nov 2014 at 9:16 AM. Reason: Mispellings

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
I am having issues trying to place community lots I have downloaded anywhere, even the plain spots where the previous lots have been bulldozed! They were all downloaded from different sites, I have windows 7 and always run my game in full screen mode if that matters. I would like to find a way to place already built lots on "unroutable terrain". I also have an issue where whenever I place a lot, in some places you cannot move any Sims into the lot and in other places it will let you do this. I have tested this with both base game and downloaded neighborhoods/maps. If there is a mod or cheat to allow the lots to automatically shape the terrain to the lot, that would be great! I've also zoomed in and deleted all objects in the surrounding area and then some to make sure they can fit. I have also made sure to look at each lot size and not even the tiniest ones will not fit. The empty lots will fit, but not the built ones I have downloaded! Help!

Contact me by mail on this site please, I will periodically check and even if it's been a while since I last checked my mail, I will still reply when I do get around to it.
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 4:05 PM
@Okalanit: I've split your post into a new thread in Sims 3 Help. Please read the site rules regarding threadcromancy. Thanks.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@Okalanit: I've split your post into a new thread in Sims 3 Help. Please read the site rules regarding threadcromancy. Thanks.

I've tried clicking your name and then posts started, but I don't see it. Did you post it under another username? I didn't see it when I went to search it. After all, you said you split it into a new post. What name is the thread under?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#4 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 7:09 AM
@Okalanit, you have just replied to the thread, you know? Link: Thread view.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@Okalanit, you have just replied to the thread, you know? Link: Thread view.

Well thank you, forgive me for my dinginess, I have mental problems (that's kinda why I have all this spare time to play Sims series!) due to previous accidents and PTSD.)

But all personal stuff aside, I sure hope things work out!
Alchemist
#6 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 1:08 PM
Firstly, I don't think there's a lot mod like that anywhere. Secondly, place the empty lot first. Then change the lot assigment to match the build lot you've downloaded and then place the dowloaded lot onto that empty lot. You can't place a prebuild lot onto an empty terrain space. You need an empty lot there first. Also remember, that the world editor lot tool is broken and using it will break the routing in your world and cause routing errors.

Unroutable terrain cannot be removed/fixed any other way than in CAW, by removing the Unroutable terrain -paint.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Firstly, I don't think there's a lot mod like that anywhere. Secondly, place the empty lot first. Then change the lot assigment to match the build lot you've downloaded and then place the dowloaded lot onto that empty lot. You can't place a prebuild lot onto an empty terrain space. You need an empty lot there first. Also remember, that the world editor lot tool is broken and using it will break the routing in your world and cause routing errors.

Unroutable terrain cannot be removed/fixed any other way than in CAW, by removing the Unroutable terrain -paint.

I was speaking of some community lots I have downloaded. Some special lots that I am too lazy to create myself. (of course normally I am not too lazy to do such things, but in this case, I have a ton of community lots to create.) So you're basically saying to place an empty lot there, change the assignment to the type, then place the newly downloaded thing on top of it? Thanks so much for that! And I was afraid of the routing error problem would happen with custom worlds, even if they were made by prissy pants rich people who created the original base game that should have been fixed before it was released. (No offense to rich people in general.) Anyways I appreciate all the help! Another case solved!