Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#151 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 6:14 PM
I got Skyrim shortly after Christmas. I've made several character to experiment with different races and styles, but my main character is an Argonian rogue. I haven't gotten the hang of melee sneak attacks yet, but I like to sneak around, shoot with my bow from a distance, and then switch to sword and fight in hand-to-hand combat. So maybe I'm a bit more ranger-y. Well, except for the fact that I do lots of lock-picking and stealing. I have a little less of a focus on pick-pocketing, but I do a bit of that, too. I've got another character I like playing where I'm going the totally honorable, no stealing, no pick-pocketing, only lock-picking chests that don't belong to anyone else route. She's a Nord fighter. I like the combination of two-handed weapon + light armor, because it means you're still quick while dealing lots of damage.

I love the little details of the game. The way the world works around you even when you're not witnessing it. One of my favorite minor details so far is in the beginning at the chopping block scene. If you play any race other than Imperial, Prince Stormcloak will stare at you during the beginning of the execution ceremony. If you play an Imperial, he will ignore you. It fits, and I like that they put the work into that level of detail.
Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 1:03 AM
Thieves Guild Spoiler

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Test Subject
#153 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 9:06 PM
Alchemist
#154 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:14 PM

Also, the Night Mother gives me the chills. Especially when she speaks. Ugh!

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Instructor
#155 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 5:54 PM
I really hate dragons.
Is it right, that they begin to spawn after the quest in whiterun? The first dragon you kill in this game.
What if I don't follow the main quest and ignore the quest in whiterun? Will dragons spawn or not?
I want to explore the world with my second character without fighting against dragons.
Alchemist
#156 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 7:48 PM
I never did the whiterun quest on one of my characters yet...he's in his 20s and there's been no dragons around at all. Only unfortunate thing is you don't get to FUS RO DAH anything.
Instructor
#157 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 8:59 PM
Cool, thanks for this information.
I can live without Fus Ro Dah. My Dark Elf will maximize her magical skills, especially the destruction spell.
Test Subject
#158 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 11:01 PM
I can honestly say that Skyrim has stolen my soul. This is the first time I've been off the bloody game in weeks. My Xbox probably hates me now. xD
Always marrying Farkas too. 'Cause I'm his little stalker. c:
Test Subject
#159 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 11:37 PM
Just because my Nord Warrior is bloody SEXY :3

Mad Poster
#160 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 6:27 PM
coltraz, I've been playing almost 600 hours (yeah, I'm addicted) but I haven't seen daedric armor before. Where did you get it or did you smith it?
Inventor
#161 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 6:32 PM
Guess who has two thumbs and got Skyrim for her birthday? This girl! (The two thumbs thing doesn't translate well on the internet *shrug*). I guess my PC couldn't handle the game, so I had to settle for the console version. Hmph.

I'm fully prepared to be a total recluse. Goodbye family and friends. It was nice knowing ya'.

"Goonies never say die."
Alchemist
#162 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
coltraz, I've been playing almost 600 hours (yeah, I'm addicted) but I haven't seen daedric armor before. Where did you get it or did you smith it?

Smithed Finding enough Daedric Hearts was a bit of a nuisance...but fun in its own way!
Alchemist
#163 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 9:13 PM
Oh, my, Sian, you have the Arishok as your avatar! I'm in love.

Also, I am such a black widow. I married Marcurio (is it?) from Riften, then killed him and married Farkas instead. Of course, I resurrected him, because I can't get married again if I don't, but I kinda felt bad for the poor sod.

Inventor
#164 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 12:59 PM
I used to play Skyrim a lot, but then I took a SWTOR to the knee..

:D

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#165 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan

Yes, I smithed it :3
You need level 90 smithing and it's made of ebony ingot and Daedric hearts :3

(Best place to find ebony ingot is to mine it from Gloombound Mine, by going through the Orc stronghold Narzulbur. There's tons of ebony ore there, even if the Orcs dont like you there they wont stop you from mining in there or stealing ore that's just lying around. And the hearts, (Spoiler Alert! >.>) the best way to get them I think is doing that museum quest for the guy in Dawnstar, he'll take you to Mahrunes Dagon's....temple...thingy. And there's usually like six or so Daedra there you can just mash and steal there hearts ;o Also if you have done all the companions quests and can take things from Kodlak's room without stealing there's usually one on a plate on an end-table that respawns every...ten days I think? c: )
Test Subject
#166 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Creeper
Oh, my, Sian, you have the Arishok as your avatar! I'm in love.

Also, I am such a black widow. I married Marcurio (is it?) from Riften, then killed him and married Farkas instead. Of course, I resurrected him, because I can't get married again if I don't, but I kinda felt bad for the poor sod.

Heeeeee.~ I do indeed. He is a sexy beast ;3

And I always marry Farkas or Athis :')
Alchemist
#167 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 12:58 PM
Here I am Cleaning up Some Fort...stay tuned for a decapitating climax.
Mad Poster
#168 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Smithed Finding enough Daedric Hearts was a bit of a nuisance...but fun in its own way!

Thanks for the info! I'm putting my perks toward smithing and smithing a buttload so I can do that armor. It's really cool. Tho' in the meantime I've gotten the Nightingale armor which is cool in a more stealthy, all black way.
Forum Resident
#169 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 11:00 PM
I still haven't got Skyrim, due to the fact I have to study for exams left, right and center! D:

I'm definately planning to get it in the summer, when I will have my sweet free time back once again! (and I'm broke and it'll be cheaper by then!) :D

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Instructor
#170 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 11:06 PM
I'm playing on a PS 3, but I bought a PC version too and discovered all the nice mods on skyrimnexus. I love the face overhauls and new clothes.

"Dance, little Falmer! Dance for me!"
Test Subject
#171 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 4:53 PM
yes, i would get skyrim but most probably for my xbox.
Theorist
#172 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 5:16 PM
It's much better on PC if you have a decent one. Console versions only render at 1280x720 resolution while the PC can render at your native resolution. There's a high-res texture pack to improve how things look, and the Creation Kit is fun. It's super easy to make your own CC with it. I made my own NPC followers, one of which is a chicken. He's kind of annoying and gets in my way so I have to jump over him all the time, but he does distract enemies for a bit so I can launch a few arrows at them while they're wasting time attacking the chicken (who I made essential so he can't die). My human followers are fascinated by him - I catch them staring intently at him all the time.

Just got the game in Feb and already put 200+ hours into it. I'm at level 55 and have completed just about every quest and am kind of sad that I've almost exhausted all there is to do.

Resident wet blanket.
Alchemist
#173 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 8:16 PM
I've been playing it since February or January and I'm only level 22 xD. Guess I should play it more often but with Mass Effect and Dragon Age, I don't have time to play other games anymore.

Test Subject
#174 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 1:04 AM
I got the game during March Break and am still playing it...just finished the main storyline a few days ago! It's AWESOME :D
Alchemist
#175 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 7:08 PM
Lydia just died while fighting a Centurion. I hadn't saved for quite some time, so I couldn't load it. It was so damn sad. :c

Page 7 of 10