Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#201 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 2:30 AM
I may try it if I hear it's quite worth it. But I spent over a year really addicted to an MMO so I tend to avoid them now. Elder Scrolls Online is definitely intriguing though.
Advertisement
Theorist
#202 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 2:52 AM
That is a sign that cannot be ignored. Sure, there are tinfoil theories. But this is cold, hard evidence.

I also find it interesting that Bethesda made a big deal about releasing Skyrim on 11-11-11. Now, if we were to add the roman numerals of ELDER SCROLLS...

0 + 50 + 500 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 100 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = ?

...and add 5 for the V in TESV...

0 + 50 + 500 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 100 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 5 = ?

...and the common number in 11-11-11, which is 11...

0 + 50 + 500 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 100 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 5 + 11 = 666

oh... holy sh*t from hell...

http://i.imgur.com/w2UqK.jpg
Alchemist
#203 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 6:34 PM
^Oh, and the Pope didn't get all butthurt? Curious...

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Field Researcher
#204 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
That is a sign that cannot be ignored. Sure, there are tinfoil theories. But this is cold, hard evidence.
I also find it interesting that Bethesda made a big deal about releasing Skyrim on 11-11-11. Now, if we were to add the roman numerals of ELDER SCROLLS...
0 + 50 + 500 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 100 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = ?
...and add 5 for the V in TESV...
0 + 50 + 500 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 100 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 5 = ?
...and the common number in 11-11-11, which is 11...
0 + 50 + 500 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 100 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 5 + 11 = 666
oh... holy sh*t from hell...
http://i.imgur.com/w2UqK.jpg

I think you need a bigger tinfoil hat, Shoosh. Too many "messages" getting through. :cylon:
Theorist
#205 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 5:00 PM
After finishing ME3, I went back to Skyrim to play Dawnguard.
I decided to share the chicken follower I made in March since the site for Skyrim mods has no standards whatsoever no matter how stupid the mod.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23677

Resident wet blanket.
Alchemist
#206 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 4:46 AM
Haha love the chicken follower.

A Dragon Attacks Whiterun!

My Redguard's a bit of a bookworm. Here's her library.

What? The bookshelf only allows 18.
Field Researcher
#207 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 4:52 AM
Anyone here do any modding for Skyrim? I think it would be fun to mod that game, but I don't know where to start....
Theorist
#208 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 3:13 PM
Sort of. I just learned some really basic scripting. I downloaded someone's Succubus Race on that Skyrim Nexus site, and that race has the ability to change form, so I made a custom Succubus follower and wrote some scripts so the player can ask her to change form via dialog or she will change form automatically based on whether her weapon is drawn or sheathed. I can tell you for certain that Skyrim modding is WAY easier than TS3 because the scripting language and Creation Kit is very well documented at http://www.creationkit.com. Not to mention the scripting language is a lot simpler than the C# used for TS3, and you can go from zero to save game loaded in under 10-seconds to test your mods rather than 10-minutes of TS3. It also has a really nice console that lets you view and set global variable values for poking and prodding at your script code.

Resident wet blanket.
Theorist
#209 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 7:39 PM
I'm afraid of Skyrim Papyrus and a bit angry that they switched scripting language from Oblivion / Fallout 3. When I look at an example script from a tutorial it may as well be in heiroglyphics. Learning this new reference based script will take time, which I'm not ready to give up when I could actually be gaming. But if I could, I would access all humanoid actors near the player and give them random Oblivion birthsigns and powers, and then script them to use it in combat on GetDistance. For example, how would you like to like actors to use paralyze kiss if you got too close, or to use Shadow sign to teleport to a location where the player was 2 minutes ago and then package hunt the player? I did this with Oblivion, but it was very late in Oblivion's mod scene.
Field Researcher
#210 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 7:59 PM
It would be fun to mesh and retexture some stuff for the game. Just did some noodling around, and it looks like 3DMax is the preferred program for that. Hope it's not the only one with import/export plugins. Guess I need to join the Elder Scrolls version of MTS!
Theorist
#211 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 8:18 PM
Skyrim Nexus is where all the mods are, and the forums can get pretty busy, but I've noticed it's a lot harder to get help there than here, for example. I'd be interested if you find a site that offers more modding help.
I would have actually preferred if TS3 modding had been more 3DS Max oriented. It seems to be extremely powerful, and if you're a student, you can use it free for 3-years. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servle...112&id=14185424
Texture mods are super easy, if you name your replacement texture the same as the original and put it in the correct folder, the game will use your copy instead. I was able to make a few simple face texture mods to the Breton race (smoothing out the forehead wrinkles) and also to the Redguards (smoothing out eye bags). I haven't tried any meshing yet though.

Resident wet blanket.
Theorist
#212 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Plus, Khajiit look pretty.

It appears noteworthy that the French Republic agrees this statement
Alchemist
#213 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 7:57 PM
I'm trying a NO DEATH run on Skyrim and blogging about it: http://coltrazskyrim.blogspot.ca/
If this one dies, and sadly I think he will, my next character I might stream @ Twitch.tv. Just need a better computer first, which I'll be buying in a month or so.
Alchemist
#214 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 11:50 PM
Yashnarz Shuzgub!
Theorist
#215 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 3:16 AM
Permission to reload: Go ahead and reload. Technically you didn't die, right? Just reloaded before you died, but don't make that a habit. So reload and be more careful, this is the last break you get. The DiD topic on the Official Forums would tell you that you must die with the consequences, but I think that Skyrim is too wonky an interface for that. Moreover, there have been times I've put away my weapon to signal a yield and guards were not alerted to it.

There are far nobler ( and cheap killmove or arrow critical ) deaths ( I would dl a mod to turn off enemy killmoves ) out there to be had by enemies that truly want you dead, than to some combination of bad AI of guards and poor menu.
Theorist
#216 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 2:17 PM
Companion Vilja for Skyrim is here! Actually, she was released 4-days ago, I'm a little behind. She was the best part of Oblivion, I can't wait to try her for Skyrim! Even after 200hrs of play in Oblivion, she still surprises me with new dialogue I've never heard before.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
#217 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Companion Vilja for Skyrim is here! Actually, she was released 4-days ago, I'm a little behind. She was the best part of Oblivion, I can't wait to try her for Skyrim! Even after 200hrs of play in Oblivion, she still surprises me with new dialogue I've never heard before.

Yep, i read it on emma's forum. It's also uploaded on emma's site.
Emma is one of those TES modding pioneers. She started with modding already in Morrowind in the early days and worked together with grumpy (who is responsible for the companion script in morrowind, which is used at alot of companions)
For Morrowind she created Laura Craft, Morgana le hex, Constance and offcourse also White wolf of the lokken mountain, as well as many other mods. Her daughter, known by the name majamikol, has also started with modding.
I still play Morrowind myself and use alot of Emma and Grumpy's companions, like Constance, Morgana and Laura. Especially Constance is great. The companionmods from Emma are more then only a packmule and meatshield.
Field Researcher
#218 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 10:00 AM
I have Skyrim for the PC and dawnguard and hearthfire and I found the game has bugs, and some quests can't be cleared from your journal entry once completed!..

I use mods in my game from nexusmods, but I don't think there to blame for quests not being cleared from my journal, Bethesda games need's to come out with patches for the game!..
Alchemist
#219 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 10:15 AM
I know the unofficial Skyrim patch on the Nexus can help with some of those stuck quests, along with a slew of other bugs Bethesda hasn't bothered to fix - did you try that?
Field Researcher
#220 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I know the unofficial Skyrim patch on the Nexus can help with some of those stuck quests, along with a slew of other bugs Bethesda hasn't bothered to fix - did you try that?

the unofficial Skyrim patch didn't address arcwind point being cleared properly from your journal, so I stopped using any community made patches
Alchemist
#221 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:12 PM
So has anyone played Dragonborn on the Xbox or whatever? It's gonna be released on the PC in January, I believe (later than on the consoles, maddening, but I got used to it).

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 7:37 AM
I've heard it's terrinble on PS3 but I wanna know... Will it work good on the new look ps3? (500gb)
Test Subject
#223 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 1:32 PM
I whould, but my brother once played it on the Xbox 360, and after a day of playing, he cried nonstop, said it was to hard, and wanted a refund.
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 8:07 PM
Good game Best on PC. I prefer JRPG but this 1 not bad to kill some time.
What else? A lot of bugs & glitches as always from any Bethesda game.
Field Researcher
#225 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 10:02 PM
I use a community made armor called Vagabond Armor from the Immersive Armors mod

here's the armor I choose from it, it also has a leather crown with a steel piece that partially covers the nose, this image is used in my steam application as a avatar

Page 9 of 10