Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 11:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Issue with Launcher, Updating / Patching, and Launching The Game?
Hey all,

So last night I had made the mistake of using the manual patcher for the game
after going nearly a year without updating / patching the game, simply because
I don't trust the buggy updates and I don't feel like having to replace all the mods
that require a certain patch to work. But since I started my new simblr, I needed
certain things in my game that required me to know what patch version I had,
so instead of just finding the version, I figured I would update using the manual
patcher since I don't use the launcher either, since anytime I would try to install
sims3packs through the launcher, it would just freeze or say there was an unexpected
error. But after using the manual patcher a few times to make sure it was the latest
update, I went to start the game and it said that the base game was incompatible
with the expansion pack, the latest being University. Simple enough, I thought,
then I changed the info.plist file to have the launcher come up, and it gave me the
same popup about the compatibility.

But when I went to Update, it said the game was fully patched and updated, not
giving me the option to update. I closed and reopened the launcher probably 15
times, restarted my laptop ( 2011 Macbook with 10.7 Lion ), and it still says the
same exact thing, and I still can't start my game.

Of course my next instinct would've been to reinstall University, but then I remembered,
my Macbook's hard drive is broken, and I can not install anything on the hard drive
until it is fixed, but I can uninstall things, I just won't be able to get them back
on there.

So on a scale from 1 to Courtney Love, how screwed am I?

Lol. Let me know if I need to add any other details to hopefully get a suggestion!
Thanks in advance, guys. xx
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 6:15 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 6th Nov 2014 at 9:38 PM.
Try downloading the patch and installing it that way. You can download the recent patch here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...:Patch_Download
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 12:24 AM
Just to be clear, it's the one under outdoor living patch, correct? The very last one?
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 1:45 AM
Do it by each Expansion/Stuff Pack. Then do patch 1.67.2 SuperPatcher for the base game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 11:54 AM
I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question, and please forgive my extreme noobness, but I'm not sure what to do next, the patcher is saying that I can't update the sims 3 file. Do I need to download the older version? ( Second Superpatcher photo )
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 3:36 PM
Update: I did the oldest update there was for World Adventures, and it's still telling me that I can't update this file. What am I doing wrong here?
Screenshots