Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

~Homey Touches: The Living Room Set~ 27 New Meshes!

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 2,464 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 181,031 Views
  Featured Upload!   This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 2nd Aug 2008 at 3:15 AM
Updated: 30th Apr 2009 at 7:05 PM - Added fixed files
Fixed the problem with the sofa table laying on its side. Please re-download the table!! If this is your first time downloading the set, you do not need to download the extra file--this only affects those who have downloaded the set since the server crash in March.

I can't believe I'm actually finished with this set! By sheer dint of will, I am thrilled to be bringing you the newest addition to the Homey Touches collection--the living room set.

This set includes: sofa, loveseat, armchair, end table, coffee table, two and three tile sofa tables, TV cabinet, stereo, single and double width long drapes, single and double width Roman shades, potted ivy, calla lilies, decorative vases, armillary sphere, large basket, two sets of sofa pillows, wall shelf with orchid, area rug, ceiling fan, wall sconce, table and floor lamps, and a privacy screen. (The framed scrolls in the last picture are part of my Homey Touches bedroom set, found here .)

As a special bonus, I'm also including the walls I made for the screen shots. (They're not included in the "Living Room Set-ALL" package. They must be downloaded separately.)

Amythestfenix has made some incredible recolors of the Roman shades in nearly every color under the sun, and one floral design. You can find them here and here . Thanks so much for all your hard work, AF! :lovestruc

Goldaline has made some bright and cheery recolors of the full length curtains and large basket. You can find them here. And check out these! Thanks for the great recolors, Goldaline!

Special features of this set include the animated ceiling fan and additional slots added to the TV cabinet, end table and coffee table. I added three slots to the TV cabinet (bottom shelf, top shelf, and top of cabinet) so you can put the stereo and TV together, like in a true media cabinet. (Makes sense, huh?)

NOTE: some items (such as the sofa pillows) require "moveobjects on" and "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false" cheats to be placed correctly.

I've included a collection file and UV maps for anyone interested in recoloring the set.

NOTE: the ceiling fan animation is done by animation cell textures of the blades, which means they can be easily changed by recoloring them. If you're interested in doing so, JWoods has written a great tutorial on animation cell recolors. Or you can ask me for specifics related to the fan. I don't bite. Promise!

As always, ENJOY!!

Polygon Counts:
End Table - 1054
Sofa Table - 1106
Long Sofa Table - 2090
Coffee Table - 1126
Sofa - 3066
Loveseat - 2839
Armchair - 1809
TV Cabinet - 1054
Stereo - 24
Long Drapes, Single - 528
Long Drapes, Double - 528
One Tile Roman Shade - 1290
Two Tile Roman Shade - 1502
Potted Ivy - 1360
Calla Lilies - 1114
Decorative Vases - 1651
Armillary Sphere - 818
Large Basket - 979
Sofa Pillows 1 - 290
Sofa Pillows 2 - 290
Wall Shelf - 2415
Area Rug - 12
Ceiling Fan - 1892
Wall Sconce - 518
Large Table Lamp - 1456
Floor Lamp - 1394
Privacy screen - 2080

Additional Credits:
Thanks to jgwhiteus for the ceiling tiles shown in the screen shots. Boy, do they come in handy!

Thank you to everyone on the creators' forums for your help and support. I never could have finished this without you!

And, of course, all you awesome creators out there who freely share your hard work with the rest of us. Rock on!