Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 4:45 PM
Default Movin Sims 3
Is it safe to move my Sims 3 game to my D drive. I know many other programs can work after being shoved into the back corner of my computer. I would like to put sims 3 there because the size of all the mods, and the updates violate what memory I have left. D drive is bigger more free space to rome around in. What I learned in college says yes, my fear of doing something stupid says no. I rather do this while my game is glitching and unusable.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 7:01 PM
Yes, although you will have to install it to the D drive, rather than just cut and paste the files after installing it somewhere else.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 8:08 PM
Crud, my computer won't let me install anything into D drive... EVIL IT IS! But that's already my game died on its own. But this little person don't give up, I think I found a uncorrupted file that can restore the game. don't know unless you try.

shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:28 PM
Drive D is usually one's optical drive (CD/DVD etc). If this is the case, you can't install things there. You can only install things and store files on an actual hard drive.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:56 PM
No my D drive is just a regular D drive. Computer just don't think to well between the two. Stupid Acer. Trillian runs fine from D, just as it runs fine from a flash drive... I'm just sick of storing all my HW in D...

ROFLH funny thing is Helper Monkey works fine from D too.