Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2015 at 11:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Alien Abduction bug
I'm playing a custom town right now, and I noticed after a while that in my current active family, despite piles and piles of space rocks and telescope gazing and many weeks of trying, no abductions were happening. Before this point, abductions had happened randomly in other families. So I installed Debug Enabler and tried to force one, which gave me an error.

What I've done so far (going to list everything even if it seems irrelevant, you never know)

- tried to force abductions in several other houses in the town
- tried to run the game without mods (except Debug Enabler and Awesome mod)
- tried the 50/50 method (cleaning the cache in between batches) until only Debug and Awesome were left
- tried to force an abduction in a completely new town without mods - worked!
- tried to force an abduction in a completely new town with my usual mods - worked!
- tried to force it again in my active town - error

So I'm pretty sure it's not a CC issue, and I'm stumped as to what to try next. I understand that moving to a new town would obviously fix it, but I'd like to try and salvage my current town first.

I'm about two generations in and getting the occasional error 12 after very long play sessions, if that matters. I've attached the error log.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  ScriptError_Jeanette__05-27-2015__00-55-23__E0F29ACF.7z (2.2 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2015 at 11:09 AM
I did delete the cache files every time I removed or added mods.

I didn't do a clean test, because those saves simply won't work without Awesome mod. In fact I think the game crashes on loading without it in my mods folder, which is why I left it in. And without Debug Enabler it'd be very hard to test whether abductions work or not.

I tried four different saves (I use rotating saves, so none of them were very old, the oldest was about five days ago) all with the same result: with a fully modded game, alien abductions seem to work fine in other towns ( = new games) but not in my home town ( = four different saves.)

And this may be nothing, but in the last round of testing this error popped up too:

Like I said, probably nothing, but it popped up right after I used Debug Enabler to try and force an abduction, along with the usual error. It'd be silly not to mention it in case it's related.

EDIT: And um... well, this is silly too, but I did see the sparkly colorful abduction lights moving around in a vacation town a while ago. When I zoomed in it turned out to be an alien on a bicycle. Is that... Is that normal? I don't know, with all this alien weirdness going on, I'm not sure what's relevant anymore.