Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2015 at 11:34 AM Last edited by muchi10 : 19th May 2015 at 4:02 PM. Reason: I solved the problem

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game crashes after trying to install custom content [SOLVED]
So I've been playing the Sims 3 for a while. I used to have a lot of custom content and my game ran without any problem. One day I went on a "custom content spree" and at some point, after I opened the .sims3pack file I wanted to install, the "custom content installing" box (I don't know how to call it) showed up black and a "Sims 3 has stopped working" window popped up. I closed the box (launcher was not affected) and continued my search for CC. The next .sims3pack file had the same problem. And the one after that. I couldn't install any more custom content. Oh well. I thought I just didn't have enough space, but when I checked I had enough free space. I tried opening the game. Black screen, "Sims 3 has stopped working". I tried doing everything the forums said for Sims 3 crashing. It didn't help... so I had to delete the "The Sims 3" folder from Libraries\Documents\Electronic Arts. After that my game worked just fine, so I put back all of my mods and worlds. Still no problem. Then I installed some of my old custom content, same problem as in the beginning. After failing at installing CC, my game started crashing upon startup.... again. I deleted the folder again and game was fine. I tried installing random new custom content... same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? I love The Sims 3 and I really wanna continue playing... but without my lovely custom content I just can't play it right .
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th May 2015 at 7:12 PM
Maybe the CC is bad or outdated. Have you tried contacting the creator?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
Maybe the CC is bad or outdated. Have you tried contacting the creator?

No, I haven't, but this happens with any CC i try to install Unfortunately I don't remember whose custom content I was installing when this first happened, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the first time installing that creator's CC and before I had no problem with it.
Instructor
#4 Old 14th May 2015 at 7:05 PM
You can convert the cc sims3packs into package files and organize them within a mods/packages folder. Adding that it's in your best interest to always know whose custom content you're using and keeping their website bookmarked in order to keep up with updates and changes.
Instructor
#5 Old 14th May 2015 at 7:19 PM
The custom content you keep trying to download, is it all from the same site? And if so, which one? Sometimes when you get excited and start going to a lot of questionable sites you can get some bad files or content that doesn't stay updated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2015 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
The custom content you keep trying to download, is it all from the same site? And if so, which one? Sometimes when you get excited and start going to a lot of questionable sites you can get some bad files or content that doesn't stay updated.

I download all of my custom content from TheSimsResource, and I've never had any problem with their CC.

Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
You can convert the cc sims3packs into package files and organize them within a mods/packages folder. Adding that it's in your best interest to always know whose custom content you're using and keeping their website bookmarked in order to keep up with updates and changes.

Thanks for the tip, I will try that and I'll tell you guys if I still have problems with it, but, as I said, all of my CC is from TheSimsResource and I only download CC from my favorite creators... their custom content never gave me any problem, so I really don't know what could have caused this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th May 2015 at 3:38 PM
I tried converting the sims3packs to package files; same problem... black screen, Sims 3 has stopped working... I remove the cc, try to open it again, still crashes ;-;
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th May 2015 at 4:01 PM
I fixed it wooooooo! I still don't know what the problem was, but I deleted some folders one by one to see what caused the crash and apparently the Mods folder and, surprisingly, the InstalledWorlds folder were problematic. Now I can install both sims3packs and .package files. Thanks for the help anyway!