Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Book of Talent *UPDATED 02/09/2009*

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 9,157 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 540,864 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 17th Jul 2008 at 3:35 PM
Updated: 24th Mar 2009 at 2:42 PM
A shiny new (okay, a dusty old) book that can teach your sim many skills to the max. The sim will not actually open and read the book though, I made it as a 'static' object. You just need to click on it and appropriate pie menus will show up.

It sits in hobbies/knowledge section and it costs 5 simoleons. I was considering to make it free but hey, knowledge DOES cost something (an arm and a leg sometimes, but I guess a couple of simoleons work just as fine )

Features :

-Skill >> Cooking, Mechanical, Charisma, Body, Logic, Creativity, Cleaning.

-Hidden Skill >> Dance, Painting, Pool, Meditate, Writing, Study.

-Badges >> Cosmetology, Sales, Flower Arranging, Toy Making, Robotery, Cash Register, Stocking, Gardening, Fishing, Pottery, Sewing.

-BV >> Gestures >> Mountain, Island, Far East.
-BV >> Massage >> Acupressure, Hot Stone, Deep Tissue.
-BV >> Dance >> Fire Dance, Hula Dance, Slap Dance.
-BV >> Misc >> Taichi, Teleport, Sea Chantey, Dragon Legend.

-Toddler >> Talk, Walk, Potty, Nursery Rhyme.

-Pets >> Come Here, Play Dead, Roll Over, Shake, Speak, Sit Up, Stay, Use Toilet.

-Hobbies >> Cuisine, Arts, Film & Literature, Sport, Games, Nature, Tinkering, Fitness, Science, Music.

-Misc Skill >> Parenting, Fire Safety, Anger Management, Lifelong Happiness, Physiology, Couples Counseling.

-AL >> Magic skill, breakdance.

For the pets function to work, you need "boolprop controlpets on".

All related wants should be satisfied.
Should be compatible with any game combination, but let me know if you have a problem.

Big thanks to toke for flipping the mesh for me It's been bugging me for a while now.

CHANGELOG

2009/02/09:
- Fixed memory problems for the rest of the skills.

2009/02/07:
- Added memories.

2008/10/10:
- Cosmetic change - Changed the book's position from standing up on its spine to laying down. (Thanks to toke)

2008/10/03:
- Skill gaining will now properly satisfy related wants.
- Talent badges functions will now properly satisfy related wants.
- Study parenting will now available for those with AL but without FT.

2008/09/12:
- Study parenting, magic skill and breakdance pie menus will no longer show up for kids and toddlers.
- New AL bookcase skill pie menus will no longer show up for toddlers.
- Changed the glob file from bookglobals to paintingglobals, maids should no longer put away the book.

2008/09/05:
- Added study parenting from FT.
- Added skills from AL.
- Vacation mementos now get unlocked along with the skill.