Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 8:13 AM
Default Adding shine/reflection to parts of an accessory...
Hi there,

So I'm trying to create a cape mesh that has some metal buttons on it and I'd like to make those shine. but also I want it to have It's own shine. (as in a different texture or shine pattern?)

Also is it possible to do this to alpha editable parts?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 7:55 PM
Yes, it is possible. I did something similar with clothing, giving my Sims some shiny shoes in my Prim & Polished set. The part that you want to be shiny needs to be a separate mesh group, and then you just adjust some settings in the recolour package.

Pixelhate has some great tutorials about using the TXMT (one of the parameters in SimPE) to get different effects. It really helped me with my project, and I think it'll be of use for what you're trying to do, too. Here's the link: The Material Definition (TXMT): a visual reference table.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Yes, it is possible. I did something similar with clothing, giving my Sims some shiny shoes in my Prim & Polished set. The part that you want to be shiny needs to be a separate mesh group, and then you just adjust some settings in the recolour package.

Pixelhate has some great tutorials about using the TXMT (one of the parameters in SimPE) to get different effects. It really helped me with my project, and I think it'll be of use for what you're trying to do, too. Here's the link: The Material Definition (TXMT): a visual reference table.

Cool, thanks!
Hopefully I can make this work.