Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 4:28 AM Last edited by khonalol : 24th Jan 2014 at 4:56 AM.
Default I really need help with my Sims 3.
Alright so I was scrolling for a few days now trying to figure out this problem.

First off I want to start by saying my Sims 3 started lagging when I was downloading custom content through the launcher then I heard about compressing and .packaging. Someone told me to delete all of the content from my launcher that I have installed to make my game less laggy on the second hand I have made .package files for all of my sims3packs. So when I deleted my custom content and put my .package files i compressed together into my mods folder it still showed up in game that the current content is not available in your save game because i deleted my sims 3 content from the launcher i really need help to get all of my content back if there is anyway please help thank you.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 12:38 PM
When you say you compressed the items, do you mean that you used the compressoriser? If so, that's why the game thinks the content is missing - go back to the uncompressorised .package files and they should work fine.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 11:44 PM Last edited by werismyki : 25th Jan 2014 at 3:11 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4317596, 4317597
Yeah but if i put all of those files into my mods folder wouldn't it make it lag?

Or is it just when its in the launcher it makes it lag
Site Helper
#4 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 2:31 AM
Package files can cause lag. But it seems to take a lot of them. You can combine them into single packages with S3PE if they are causing trouble, or use CC Magic to combine them for you. (Be very sure to keep backup copies of them in their original form before trying either method.)

And IIRC the Sims 3 packs left in Downloads are what causes lag from CC in the launcher. It reads everything in Downloads every time it's started.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 4:35 AM
I did use S3PE but it takes forever and when i combined them all and put them in my packages folder it doesn't even work in game
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 9:39 AM
Okay, but you also compressorised them, right? It's that which 'broke' them, not combining them. Unless you didn't do that?

Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 3:27 PM
  1. removing installed sims3pack content and converting it to package files (even if they work in the mods folder) will be treated as "different" content and will result in the "content is not available in your save game" message
  2. 100MB of CC installed via sims3packs wont make much, if any, difference in game lag than 100MB of package files. Adding 100MB either way will slow the game down somewhat
  3. Some sims3packs (especially sims, worlds, store content) dont usually work well when converted and moved to the Mods/Packages folder. It's generally only done by those who cant get sims3packs to install via the launcher
  4. did you only combine/merge the package files with S3PE or did you also use s3rc? Again, using s3rc to convert sims3packs to packages and putting them into the mods/packages folder doesn't usually work well as mentioned above.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 6:23 PM
I only used Sp3e that is all i used but it usally takes a while like the whole night to install. But yes i only used S3PE and put it into my mods folder nothing else no cc magic or s3rc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 6:24 PM
I need 1 whole explanation to do it not multiple links to multiple installations i need 1 link that tells me EXACTLY what to do when i ask people for a tutorial they send me link to cc magic and sp3e and sp3rc i have no clue what to do with all of it
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 6:28 PM
Really, mikey? Does the Launcher renumber stuff when installing?

Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 9:09 PM
khonalol - what exactly are you attempting to do?

Nysha - renumbering probably occurs in the conversion, sims3pack installed content is not the same as package converted. you can, in fact have both at the same time and they will be treated as 2 different items.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 9:25 PM Last edited by khonalol : 27th Jan 2014 at 3:19 AM.
Ok this is my problem i downloaded about 1.9k files of content and ofc i didn't lick it all at once i was doing it time by time and it installed VIA Launcher. And when i started to play my game after a while it started lagging (When I put things on the ground it would take a while for the money to withdraw and pop up on the screen. Also my game takes FOREVER in a day to load when i click my saved game that i want to play. Im just trying to get rid of the lag. Somone told me that if i use SP3E and combined all the sims3packs into .package files and put it in my mods it will decrease lag. So I deleted EVERYTHING off of my launcher idk if i was suppose to just delete it off the downloads section or both installed content AND download so now basically i just lost everything from doing that. When i combined all the sims3packs into .package and put it in my packages folder it didn't even show up that i had content in the game.

Idk man i just deleted everything from my launcher so my game is basically done for unless i install it back to my launcher

Just really need help getting it back thats basically it

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Site Helper
#13 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 4:40 PM
If you had 1.9 K of downloads, that should not have made that much difference. Even 1.9 M shouldn't have made that much difference. 1.9 G would make a difference, but G is 1,000,000 times as large as K. It's beginning to sound as though the CC isn't what was causing the lag, unless you had put some Sims 2 Packages in your Mods folder. (Not Sims 2 packs, Sims 2 Packages. There is a big difference. A sims2 pack is like a Sims3pack for Sims 2, except the Sims 2 launcher doesn't merge them. A Sims 2 Package is the extracted file, made for Sim 2. And yes, it is the same difference as the difference between Sims 3 Packs and Sims 3 Packages. )

First: do you still have copies of the Sims3packs that you had installed? If so, you can remove the files you added to your Mods folder, and then can stick the Sims 3 packs into Downloads and reinstall them all. I don't know if it will renumber them or not, but it seems worth trying. Be aware that once you save the game with missing CC, that CC is permanently gone from that save. It would be a good idea to backup the save game before you start, just in case something goes wrong. And we might want to see about the reason for the lag, before you are going to spend time opening the catalog and replacing stuff.

If not, are you -sure- your Mods folder is working? You have it in the right place, your Resource.cfg is good, and the Packages folder is inside the Mods folder, the CC is somewhere in Packages, and other Package CC is working? (start a new, test game to see if it's working. You don't want to accidentally mess up your real game.)

The first step in combining CC is to keep backups of the originals in a safe place. You did that, right? (If not, you may need to re-download everything. ) If you don't have the original Sims3packs, but the mods folder is working, you might be able to drop everything into the Mods folder when you have a lot of time on your hands, and then go through your save and individually replace the missing Sims3pack content with the copies from the Mods folder. Again: Back up your saved game before opening it, and do this when you have enough time on your hands to open the catalog and replace everything that had gone missing, just in case. And some of the items might not want to work as Packages, so you will need to redownload them. If you have the patience, I would suggest checking everything in the test game before starting on the grand replacement, so you don't spend 5 hours replacing everything else and then discover that something important is missing. You can save the progress in the test game, so you can keep track of what is and isn't there while you are on a hunt for what is gone.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 1:31 AM
Alright well I might just install everything back to my launcher since it isn't THAT big of a deal? I mean when I installed one of these worlds the first time it was working perfectly fine but when i deleted all the custom content that i had in my launcher and ONLY installed the world back instead of everything else it took hours to load. So i might just have to double click alll of those files again to see if it will work if it doesn't then im just going to have to reinstall the game
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 5:59 PM
And btw ghost i meant 1900 content files.