Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 4:05 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Transparent Hair...I'm getting sick of it
Ever since I started playing The Sims 3 back in 2009 I have had an issue with their hairstyles appearing transparent when standing in front of a window. Between then and now I have upgraded to better computers all with different graphics cards - I remember reading somewhere that ATI Radeon doesn't like the Sims graphics. So with my next computer I chose to get a NVidea card. Made no difference. And now I have an Nvidea GeForce GT 630M in a notebook. Is there a specific setting in the control centre of the graphics card that must be changed? I have with my previous PCs, played around with settings and resolutions which have not fixed this problem... I have just ignored this issue for so long, but now I am hoping someone can relate to this and knows what's going on. I haven't downloaded CC apart from a couple skins.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 10:23 AM
I've never heard of a way to prevent that, it's just the way the graphics engine works. Some CC hairs with bad group ordering can be more badly affected by it, but even EA hairs will go transparent around the edges when in front of glass of water.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.