Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 7:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Sims 3 gets stuck on black screen, after fixing EA folder missing
So my game always got stuck on the black screen with the swirling cursor after launch. Today I finally found out about changing the fullscreen to 0 in Options.ini. After this I was able to finally launch my game with all my 9GB+ of mods. After quitting the game I went to start it again and discovered that my Electronic arts folder was missing. I checked and there hasn't been any space freed from my harddisk so doesen't this mean it should still exist? I have tried every and all listed fixes, my computer should run the game pretty much perfectly. I have only one exception, my game is installed to a SSD-disk for the added speed. I only have about 4.23GB free space, could this be what's causing all my problems? I have also done a full clean install and my game runs fine on vanilla and if I put only like half of my mods in it. I am sure that mods aren't causing it because this problem didn't appear after I installed any new content and I have tested my mods for conflicts.
I am so done with this, I am sorry if I there are some mistakes because I don't post EVER. Now after trying to fix my game for an year on and off I am starting to get really desperate.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 4:26 AM
EA folder missing from which path, Documents or Programs? Can we get a screenshot?

What game version are you running?

If it runs well on vanilla + one half of the mods/CC, then does it run with the other half, too?
You're sure the mods are not the issue: what has been done to determine this? Or is it just your gut feeling? I mean, how did you test for mod conflicts? Dashboard? You know that that program only checks for duplication of file IDs? So it knows if you have a Sims 2 file or have more than one Sims 3 CC... It does not however verify if the mods are compatible against a certain game version.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 4:30 PM
I finally found the missing folder, it was the Electronic arts folder from My Documents. I have no idea how but it had been moved to a another folder, probably just something dumb that I did myself...
I got my game running for now at least. What I did was removed the .tmp files from DCCache, removed the Downloadedsims.index from SavedSims folder, cleared all the caches and ran the game on windowed mode. Oh and also I removed the FeaturedItems and made it so the game can't replace the files. I have no idea which one of these was the fix, but I tested almost all of them independently and the game didn't work? Maybe I'll just have to test the game without one of these and check which will cause the freeze.
When I tested the mods, I put all of my folders in one at a time (I have 10 of them), the game worked with each of them, but when I added more it freezed. Now I don't have that problem anymore. Just that I got the missing objects warning and some of the skin etc. are lost.
Sorry for asking for help and then fixing it myself. I just couldn't leave it at that :/