Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 2:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Can't interact with objects - please help!
My game is running mostly fine, not crashing, but my sims can not interact with objects. They can talk to and kiss each other, but when I try to click on any object (computer, mailbox, newspaper, etc) the action immediately disappears from the queue and nothing happens. I also can't visit other lots. I have a wedding planned at a venue and all set up, but now when I select to go there the action just disappears as well. I've tried all the trouble shooting steps (I have one custom mod I took out and then cleared cache, restarted game and this still happened). I also have a car that is stuck in the family inventory, and while I can take other objects out of the inventory it won't let me put my car back on the lot it seems frozen. I've had the car problem for like a month, but the objects being unusable just started today. I've looked around online but can't find anything about this! I've tried resetting my sims just in case, but either I didn't reset them successfully or resetting them didn't fix the issue. I've restarted my game about ten times, and even restarted my computer. I'm using an Alienware operating on Windows 8 if that makes any difference. Any insight would be super appreciated!!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 2:36 AM
Also, this started happening at the same time as my fast forward doesn't work. I can play and pause and fast forward on the first two speeds, but the fourth 'ultra fast' doesn't work, it's the exact same speed as regular 'play'. I'm not sure if the issues are related or not but they've been happening simultaneously so that would be a nice fix too (but it's not as important as getting my sims to use things obviously).