Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 1:05 AM Last edited by wawaloulou : 23rd Dec 2014 at 2:09 AM.
Default Shit happened
So, I recently just installed a shit-ton(actually only about 25 articles..) of custom-content off of very trustworthy sites(such as this one, Juliana-Sims, Pixicat, etc...) and when I opened the Sims 3, only about a third of what I downloaded appeared. I used the same method I always use(and it always works), but now it's not showing up. To make matters worse, the sliders to shape the body, the box where you enter the name, and the option to choose different skin tones(including the slider for that, too) are all unresponsive. I haven't checked to see if changing between a male and a female is not working either, but I'm guessing it's the same thing. So now, I keep getting the generic white average weight female that also happens to not have a name. And I'm missing some really good custom content. I only have about 50 articles total, but I've heard of people with like all expansions and stuff packs and 300 pieces of custom content and it works fine, albeit slowly. I'm working with a Macbook Air, 61.25 gb of hard drive space available(of 120.11 gb), 4GB RAM, Intel Core i5 Processor, not sure what else to put on there. All that was open besides the game was one webpage, which does not take too much memory(if you must know, it was fanfiction.net), so it couldn't have been that. The game usually works perfectly well, average speed, pretty good graphics. The computer is not too warm. So, if anyone has any idea as to what could have happened, please tell me. I feel like it doesn't have so much to do with my computer as it does something else. Because, it's not like the game crashed, it's just some areas are unresponsive and things aren't showing up. Please respond with as much detail as you can. And as soon as you can. And if it's possible, please provide a solution.

Update: I also got rid of the things that weren't working. Didn't take as long as I thought it would... sigh. Literally about an hour of my life, wasted.

Update pt 2: So, I was told something about Sims3Packs, and I got got confused so I basically managed to reinstall all the custom content as .package files, and it all shows up now, but the things that weren't working before still aren't. There was a period of time where it worked, but now it's just like no.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wawaloulou
So, I recently just installed a shit-ton(actually only about 25 articles..) of custom-content off of very trustworthy sites(such as this one, Juliana-Sims, Pixicat, etc...) and when I opened the Sims 3, only about a third of what I downloaded appeared. I used the same method I always use(and it always works), but now it's not showing up. To make matters worse, the sliders to shape the body, the box where you enter the name, and the option to choose different skin tones(including the slider for that, too) are all unresponsive. I haven't checked to see if changing between a male and a female is not working either, but I'm guessing it's the same thing. So now, I keep getting the generic white average weight female that also happens to not have a name. And I'm missing some really good custom content. I only have about 50 articles total, but I've heard of people with like all expansions and stuff packs and 300 pieces of custom content and it works fine, albeit slowly. I'm working with a Macbook Air, 61.25 gb of hard drive space available(of 120.11 gb), 4GB RAM, Intel Core i5 Processor, not sure what else to put on there. All that was open besides the game was one webpage, which does not take too much memory(if you must know, it was fanfiction.net), so it couldn't have been that. The game usually works perfectly well, average speed, pretty good graphics. The computer is not too warm. So, if anyone has any idea as to what could have happened, please tell me. I feel like it doesn't have so much to do with my computer as it does something else. Because, it's not like the game crashed, it's just some areas are unresponsive and things aren't showing up. Please respond with as much detail as you can. And as soon as you can. And if it's possible, please provide a solution.

Okay, I also have a MacBook, so I understand how it is. I actually had this problem for a while, I had been downloading from places that didn't specific if it was a package or Simpack. I accidentally put folders that contained sim packs in the packages folder. See if you've done this, to. If not, I suggest removing the CC that isn't showing up.

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by quesadildos
Okay, I also have a MacBook, so I understand how it is. I actually had this problem for a while, I had been downloading from places that didn't specific if it was a package or Simpack. I accidentally put folders that contained sim packs in the packages folder. See if you've done this, to. If not, I suggest removing the CC that isn't showing up.

I have, actually, what do I do if it's a SimPack? Because I'm sure it won't take long to find everything else.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wawaloulou
I have, actually, what do I do if it's a SimPack? Because I'm sure it won't take long to find everything else.

That's definitely why it's not showing up! Only .package files go into the Packages folder. Here's a tutorial on how to install .sims3packs

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock