Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 6:47 PM
Default Easier way to install Sims 3 packs?
Not the files the installer monkey helps with, just the Sims 3 pack themselves. It takes me over a minute to install each one!!

What are you guys using?

And if you are doing to manually, where do they go? Do you have to extract anything?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 6:52 PM
What I do is double click one of them, and that brings up the launcher (alternatively just start the launcher), then, once the launcher is running and installing the file I double clicked, I go around double-clicking ALL of the other Sims3Pack files, clicking "OK" to each of the stupid message that comes up saying it can't install at that moment. Then, when the original file is finished installing, if you check the launcher all the files you double clicked are sitting there in queue. All you need to do is put a check mark beside each one and hit install, they all go at once.

I don't know if there's any easier way to simply queue the files up but that works for me. It's still a pain though. Down with Sims3Packs!

They go to c/program files/electronic arts/sims 3/downloads - but as far as I know you can delete from the downloads folder and they'll still be in your game. If you want to get rid of them you have to uninstall them from the launcher.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 6:54 PM
That kind of cracked me up because it sounds like you learned about that through frustration.

Gonna go try it. Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 6:58 PM
IT WORKED!!!!! Thank you
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 7:50 PM
I think it's easier to move sims3pack files manually into the Downloads folder. Next time you start the Launcher, you hit the downloads button, you see the list with all the files with newest ones at the top. Checkmark them and install.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I think it's easier to move sims3pack files manually into the Downloads folder. Next time you start the Launcher, you hit the downloads button, you see the list with all the files with newest ones at the top. Checkmark them and install.

Does that mean if you remove the sims3packs from the "downloads" folder, they no longer appear in the list of installed content on the launcher? So how do you uninstall them in that case?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Does that mean if you remove the sims3packs from the "downloads" folder, they no longer appear in the list of installed content on the launcher? So how do you uninstall them in that case?

Hmm... I'm not sure if the file will still show in the 'installed content' list or not, if you first move a file out of the Downloads folder. I never remove sims3pack files that way anyway.

If I want to remove something I open the launcher, use the 'installed content' and checkmark the thingy, and uninstall. Then I hit the 'downloads' button in the launcher, go through the list one more time and checkmark the same thing and use delete. This deletes the file from your Downloads folder, doesn't move it, so you need a copy somewhere else if you might need it later on.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 2:43 AM
If you take out the files in the 'downloads' folder, they'll still be installed. If you don't drag the files in there and just double-click them, the game makes a back-up of them in that folder anyway, so that if you have to reinstall or something, you can copy that folder and easily re-install the packs. The only way to uninstall the CC is to follow Simrod's guide about checking the 'uninstall' box.

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 4:50 AM
how to install door & window?..
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 10:03 AM
Ew no no no. I hate sims3packs. This is kind of random but you should really just convert them to packages. No one likes sims3packs. The launcher sucks. It only takes 5 seconds to do anyways.
dodgy builder
#11 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 11:15 AM
This thread is from 2009, I don't know if packagefiles even existed in those days.