Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2015 at 9:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default DNA corruption questions (SimPE)
So, I didn't have a backup (slaps forehead) & messed up my genetics when I deleted my custom default human & alien skintones & eyes & replaced them with new custom defaults. I noticed this when Erin Beaker & Johnny Smith had babies (which I didn't save.)

Anyway, I noticed on SimsWiki that this constitutes as neighborhood corruption. I don't want to reinstall or have neighborhood corruption, so I'm going to be following the article posted under SimsWiki:
"Delete custom or geneticized/townified skins or eyes"
(At the SimAsylum page.)

I will be completely new to using SimPE & it doesn't appear that there is a specified tutorial on how to just change the genetics for my issue. It talks about plastic surgery & it throws me off.

SO... my questions are:
Do I just have to change the color codes for eyes & skin for my selected sims in SimPE? (I play premades. Veronaville is main hood, Pleasantview & Strangetown are shopping districts, one premade downtown, & one custom university.)

Do I have to change the townies' genetics as well, even though I don't play them? I've turned General Buzz & Brandi Broke into townies, among a few others with Sim Blender. Will my neighborhood still be corrupted of I don't?

The rest of the premades that I don't play (including the Sim Bin ones), I've been working on killing to get rid of them. Do the living Sims I'm going to kill need to have modified DNA before I kill them?

I know this might be a lot to answer, but I'm terribly afraid of game corruption. Anything will help! Thanks a TON.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd May 2015 at 10:50 PM
If they're defaults, it should make absolutely no difference whether you take them in or out (in-out-shake 'em all about - makes no odds). Do you really mean default or do you actually mean geneticised?

And if you really do mean defaults, what is it that you noticed?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:06 PM
Or if she means custom eyes then yes that would mess up their genetics.

All I would do is open each playable sim in SimPE under the More DNA tab and change the eye codes and skin codes. It's really easy to swap out the eye and skin code for maxis codes, then put in a skin default and an eye default. The eyes may not change, but the DNA will so the correct ones will be passed on. You can use eye contacts on the playables.
The codes and tutorial here http://www.lothere.com/verso/page/16

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th May 2015 at 4:59 AM Last edited by SimyourLife : 26th May 2015 at 1:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
If they're defaults, it should make absolutely no difference whether you take them in or out (in-out-shake 'em all about - makes no odds). Do you really mean default or do you actually mean geneticised?

And if you really do mean defaults, what is it that you noticed?

That actually makes a lot of sense about the geneticized content. I do believe that is what I used for the first time ever in my game this time around. I've never had a problem switching defaults before.

IF just defaults- babies came out between EB & JS with non genetic eye colors (none with green), some with custom non default eyes, some with alien eyes like Pol Tech 9, & some with red hair instead of blonde.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2015 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Or if she means custom eyes then yes that would mess up their genetics.

All I would do is open each playable sim in SimPE under the More DNA tab and change the eye codes and skin codes. It's really easy to swap out the eye and skin code for maxis codes, then put in a skin default and an eye default. The eyes may not change, but the DNA will so the correct ones will be passed on. You can use eye contacts on the playables.
The codes and tutorial here http://www.lothere.com/verso/page/16

Sooo helpful! Thanks so much.