Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 10:47 PM
Default A story idea that I'm working on....
You know how on TV shows that are about horses like Heartland and The Saddle Club, all the main characters are girls? Well, I'm going to deviate from that by making the main character for my story a man. This idea is more in the "young adult" category than in the kids and teens category. Mabye I'll transform it into a TS3 Pets story, who knows?

The story begins with a horse trailer being driven to a ranch in Colorado, inside is a beautiful bay Arabian stallion that is being transported to the ranch for rehabilitation. Upon arriving to the range and being lead to the stable, the horse maims one of the stablehands by stomping on him violently, breaking his leg and wrist. The horse is isolated from the others and is declared a danger to himself and others, and if they don't tame him within a week, Animal Police will seize the horse and destroy him.

Meanwhile, a 22 year old middleweight boxer named Michael Schaefer gets kicked out of his MMA leauge after too many illegal and dangerous moves. Now, Mike is kind of an asshole. He's agressive, hot-headed, flies off the handle easily, he's been known to bully other kids when they get caught in the crossfire. He's admitted to taking steroids and other preformance enhancing drugs for MMA several times. And he has commitment issues, he's been known for blatantly making passes at other girls while he's hanging out with his girlfriend, which lead to their breakup One day, he gets arrested for battery and assault and after serving a 2 week jail sentence, his parole officer forces him to get a job at a local horse ranch in hopes of getting him to clean up his act and redeem himself. It is there that he encounters the quarentined Arabian stallion and for the first time he is actually TERRIFIED of the animal. His boss, the owner of the stable tells him "You and that horse are not all that different. You are both very spirited, but dangerous agressive." Eventually through breaking sessions with the horse, he finds out he has a gift in horse whispering and becomes the first and only human to earn the stallions trust, and he is the only person that can ride him, and as a result becomes Mike's best friend, he also names the horse "Fury". His experiences working with horses makes him a much more down-to-earth and personable guy.

But however, there are some challenges on the horizons, especially in the love and romance department for Mike, three girls, Marissa, Jennifer and Karilla, that ride often at the stables form a crush on Mike, they're are all infatuated with the fact that Mike is rugged and brutally handsome. Karilla is also a dressage champion, and like Mike, has a gift for horse whispering, seeing as how Raven, her Palomino mare used to be wild and dangerous. One day, when the girls are over one of their houses they talk non-stop about Mike. Marissa and Jennifer agree that even though he is good looking, he's "kind of a douchebag". But Karilla was the one that really fell in love with him, and even though she dosen't notice......Mike has feelings for her too. Eventually they'll admit their love to each other and get together.

So how does that sound?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 9:46 AM
Tee Hee I' used to love the Saddle Club series as a kid. I really like your story idea-so get going. Mike seems a really well rounded character and I love how he and the horse seem to bond with their similarities! Though just as a little suggestion-I wish you'd not revealed it was Karilla an dMike getting together in the end!